Help Me Decorate Glow Tank

Discussion in 'Pets' started by yurigadaisukida, May 18, 2014.

1. #1 yurigadaisukida, May 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2014
    Edit:sorry long post. I basically want to know what kind of tthings glow under blacklights that I can put in a fish tank. Petsmart decor sucks and is expensive.

So I'm working on my glofish tank right now. Its about 40 gallons (Guy sold it to me said 40 but think its like 36)

Anyway, I'm not really satisfied with the standard glow fish stuff you get at petsmart. They have cheasy looking glowplants and terrible decorations.

I managed to find some nice looking glow in the dark plants from a local fish store. But my selection was limited.

I want to know what other things I can get that glow under black lights that are also fish tank safe. I want more freedom.

I am considering getting some glow in the dark paint (not for inside the tank of coarse). Thinking llike a ship in a bottle, seal the bottle and put at bottom. Could be glow in the dark.

I've got scorpions in the settup as well (in an underwater terrarium)since scorpions also glow under black light. So I want to go for like an underwater cave look.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You've got live scorpions in an underwater terrarium in your fish tank?

Sent from my iPhone

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dude that sounds bad fucking ass! They have special paint that works with black lights though idk how safe they are for a fish tank I wish I could help :(

I Smoke weed 4/20-7 😎

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 yurigadaisukida, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
    Well, I been trying. Problem.is my.fish tank isn't big enough.for a healthy scorpion settup. But yes, I've made a few prototypes and it looks.sick.

Right now its a Booz bottle weighted down to sink wwith scorpion.inside
    The scorpions glow better then the glofish

Once I get a 150 gallon, I'm going to have those big plastic tubes running everywhere. It will look like a fish tank ant farm.hybrid, except glowing scorpions instead of ants

5. I have some uv reactive and glow in the dark marijuana leaves 24 for like 5. Bucks off amazon and there awesome you can get a ton of cool glow shit off Amazon

6. are they like those plastic glow stars you put in a kids room?

7. Yes but with a uv light they glow pretty brightly
    Different colors too

• Like Like x 1