Headstash Seed Co. Lychee Kush And Skunk Haze Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nomad881, May 17, 2014.

1. Where these beans are coming from they care enough to breed their own strains but not enough to keep an eye out for those pesky males and hermies lol so I get crap loads of good beans for some good high mids- low high plants and with some love and care this shit will melt your face lol

when your this hated, its hard to be loved.......

2. Im good on the bag beans lol

Attached Files:

3. Update!!! All the little girls are looking good! Still no new ones have popped through in the peat pods so I'm a little worried their having trouble breaking through,so instead of using the pods I planted the newly popped seeds(2haze and 2carmellow) straight into soil.
    Also, someone hasn't paid their part of the power in 4 months(my mother actually!!) So her plants got repossesed. So I get to throw the love potion into flower 1400524248288.jpg green love potion after reveg,this is all out of 2 little buds each the size of my thumbnail. 1400524357297.jpg have had a hard time getting clones to root, so air layering is my go to technique 1400524469201.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1304375-Headstash-Seed-Co.-Lychee-Kush-And-Skunk-Haze-Grow

4. What is airlayering

5. I have no idea why it's called air layering,but it's a method of cloning that is 100%effective,but takes longer to root. The clone is still attached to the mother plant while rooting so it can't die out,and it continues growing while it's rooting,on last years outdoor I got a 2 1/2 foot branch on my nlxblueberry to root. This one on the love potion is only 10 inches with minor branching,but by the time it's rooted it'll be a little bush on it's own.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1304375-Headstash-Seed-Co.-Lychee-Kush-And-Skunk-Haze-Grow

6. Hey everyone,

I hope it is cool for me to post on here.

So....it seems that some people are having some germ issues with a few of the beans that went out. We did do germ tests on all of them in the last 6 months, before anything went out, and got 95%+.

We soak them in water and aloe for about 24 hrs, then plant them in soil, whether we see taps or not. We keep the soil moist and warm. We don't use rooters or pucks.

Some, like the Lychee and Peaches we saw all of them come up in the first few days, and most had taps after the soak. The Skunk Haze and SoCal took about a week. The two landraces(Mazar and Burmese) were the slowest, but almost all came up within 7-10 days, though we had one Mazar that came up after 16 days in the dirt. The landrace beans can be scuffed, and according to a friend that also popped them both, it will speed it up.

I know different people use different methods, and I am not here to comment on methods. I am going to post this in the original Headstash thread, too, as I just want to let everyone know that I am always here to address any concerns. The one thing I will suggest, is that if they are soaking for longer than 24 hrs, the water should be changed every day. If it has been a day or two, please do not assume that they will not crack. Give them a little time, and I believe they should come up. If not, please let me know, as this is obviously important info for me to have.

Thank you to all of you that are giving our genetics a chance. I really appreciate it, and I am available to answer questions anytime. We guarantee all of our beans, too, so if there are issues, we will make good on those guarantees.

MrH

7. @[member="nomad881"],

Thanks for the journal, bud.

That air layering is something else. I have never seen that. We have great success cloning, but cloning a whole branch like that is crazy! Does it take time for the roots to catch up to the plant mass when you plant it? Very, very interesting. I am going to have to try that sometime!

MrH

8. #50 Hemp Hugger, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
    @Mr H. Both of mine are in peat that is very moist and is under a dome with very high humidity the mazar-I-Sharif has opened but it is just sitting. I have not given up on them and will let them sit until they grow or rot im in it for the long haul.... like the rest of us im just so glad to have this opportunity to test your beans the lychee kush is doing amazing it was above the soil in less then 48 hrs. ...

I will give you my utmost diligence in giving all the relevant information about this grow.... again thank you for giving us the chance to show what these beans can do....

I also want to thank you as a grower who has yet to see a breeder pop up and give advice on how to best germ your beans very commendable my friend...

9. I was actually very afraid the tiny root mass I had would not be enough to support the whole branch, but it turned out perfectly fine! Put it in a gallon pot and in under 2weeks it was rootbound. I've used this tech multiple times now,whenever taking a larger clone is necessary.
    It's good to see you in here Mr.h I was hoping you'd stop by! I'm going to have to try out your germ technique,I'm having slight problems starting the hazes.

10. Attached Files:

11. #53 Brother Urb, May 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
    Lookin good man!  Are those the skunk haze in the second picture?

I just made an order for the skunk haze!  I will run it along side the peaches after I run the burmese.

12. Attached Files:

13. You pothead!  How did you put 2 seeds together like that haha! :D

I think it was a strain hunters episode where the African guerilla growers put 4-5 seeds together and let the strongest one out compete the weaklings.  An interesting method to keeping the best genetics of the bunch around.

14. #58 nomad881, May 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
    Update!! All sprouts look good, I just moved a fan onto them, blowing pretty hard, so I'll have nice beefy stalks (for seedlings) in a week or so. And one If the"dud" seeds broke ground, and since it's already in a gallon I'm gonna leave it there, If no more beans pop with it, this one will go outside since it's a mystery seed. Haze,lychee, or caramello. Oooh and the cotton candy broke ground so that's cool lol.

All the lil ones chilling under a good breeze. 1401041517676.jpg
    Cotton candy finally!! 1401041581773.jpg

Mystery strain!!! Don't know why it's posting 2 of the same pic but whatever.

Attached Files:

15. That middle right one is racing for the sun!  Was it first up?