Headstash Seed Co. Lychee Kush And Skunk Haze Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nomad881, May 17, 2014.

1. if it hits hard I'd use diesel kush. Or just call it Donkey kong.lol if it really puts u on your ass.

IgOTbAdAdDs0rRyIfICoNfùSeDu
    #d@bbin

2. You gotta grow it out before you name it. Then it will tell you its name.

As hemp hugger can attest it might even tell me its name.

But you gotta grow it to know it

Itty Bitty Canna Committee - "Our Cup Runneth Over"

3. She ain't never lied folks ...

Itty Bitty Canna Committee- "Our Cup Runneth Over"

4. I name strains before they even break the bracts,like an expectant father choosing the name of his children lol after they show different phenos, that's when they get their individual monikers. Then if they're used for more breeding, they're moniker is used in the offspring strain. So out of 50 seeds dubbed "burmiesel " or whatever is chosen, individual plants, with names like rocket fuel, lemon kush, jacks kush, would be further bred, and the strain name updated, from burmiesel to say " Jack's red rocket" or "lemon diesel kush" until it's so stabilized from successive inbreeding that only one name sticks for the majority of seeds produced. This is just the way I do things. Makes sense to me haha

Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I think naming it before it grows (and you decide if it is a keeper) makes the breeder (or pollen chucker Lol) run through risk of becoming invested in a strain resulting in a loss of objective focus on the breeding goal (whatever it may be). But that is my personal feeling and other people are different.

Its just bad to get attached to something that might not be that great in the end. Two great parents don't always make a great kid... ask my parents....wait...don't. Lol never mind.....

Plus the naming strains is so out for whack. They need to standardize things like they do with everything else. It is insane.

6. Agreed ^^ Some of the strain names are totally whacky and ridinkulous.  Especially Rare Dankness strains.  Super cool and equally whacky at the same time.

7. Believe it or not I didn't name this my good friend did ;)...

One picture and the name was instantaneously given to me. .. :):):)

8. Since I'm using mostly IBL genetics,I can anticipate to an extent what the offspring will be like. I know which visible traits in the diesel are homozygous dominant, smell, flavor, and maturation time(11 weeks but Oh well) while with the burmese the breeder focused ONLY on yield and resin production, which it shows homozygosity for. Naming a seed batch prior to planting just makes more sense to me.. it would be allot harder coming up with a strain name afterwards, especially if the seed lot shows allot of variation. Idk just makes more sense in my head, that's how I've always done it, and how my father did it before me,and his father before that lol family habits I guess you could say:p

9. I'm a mother fucking Jedi when it comes to breeding lol ;) I show no attachments. At least not until it's deserved. I'm actually viciously brutal when it comes to my own breeds. I make no exceptions when it comes to plant quality.
    I wish you could see my breeding journals, I track EVERYTHING! growth patterns, plant strengths and weakness, individual feeding programs... Nothing is left to memory lol

10. do you have a format you use? That you could show us who are interested?

#d@bbin

11. #431 nomad881, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    Organization is not my strong suit lol so I've got 3 different notebooks for each breeding project, 1 for veg notes, 1 for flower notes, and 1 for notes on the soil used and feeding/watering(which is necessary for me because I make my own soil mixes)
    Large day planners work great for grow logs also so keep that in mind!

My sister thinks I overdo it lol

12. well look like I'm going to go get some note books tonight# sickinthesummer

#d@bbin

13. day planners

#d@bbin

14. Excel spreadsheets.

Best. Ever.

Then you can sort data and run different formulas.

15. ready to learn how to take notes lol.

#d@bbin

Attached Files:

16. Highlighters!!!! ¡

17. Yay...lol

#d@bbin

18. I think to be really scientific you need stickers as well. Really cute ones.

19. I think that's just what girls like!

#d@bbin