The Official how Does She Look? Thread

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Corn Man, May 17, 2014.

1. Yea, especially with autos it's so important to get as much growth in as early as possible, started them from seed with the 1kw.

2. Oh yeah, Autos are no joke, you want to get those bad boys popping as soon as possible. I usually just put them straight into my ten gallon pot and let them go to work. 

3. Here are my plants, just switched to flower about a week ago.

Strain: Black Skull Pineapple Gum
    Soil: Happy Frog soil with added EWC, lime and perlite
    Nutrients: General Organics line
    Light: 216 watts T5 HO (4x54 watts)

Attached Files:

4. That is looking sick bro!

What are you doing to get it to grow bushy like that? or is it just one of those kind of indicas? 

Thank you. I tie them down to get them like that. This isn't my first grow, but it's my first since moving to an actual tent.

Here is a picture of one of my plants from my last grow, though they were in 5 gallons pots and I'm using 3 gals. now so I don't expect as much yield this time. This plant yielded just under 2.5 oz. just with 4 x54 watt T5 HO:

Attached Files:

6. That is bonkers man, I just started tying down my babies on my last grow and wondered how I ever did without it. 

7. Yessir LST

8. #29 Jesse23, May 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014
    Hey can someone tell me how they think my seedling is coming along?

It's a few days over a week old: ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400636756.020000.jpg

The reason it is going toward the right is because the sun sets that direction and trees are in the way.

I have a straw to support it because my last seedling's stem snapped :( so I guess I'm a bit paranoid lol.

But other than that how is she/he?

I also have 2 other seeds that just got out of germination.

9. Strain: sugar cookie
    Growing medium: buildasoil
    Lights: cfls for 23 days of veg on day 29 of flower under a 400watt hps
    Technique: topping and lst what do you think?? 1400651457212.jpg 1400651473635.jpg 1400651491321.jpg

10. I am glad people's plants are growing short and bushy, that's pretty much my favorite lmao

11. Mine to cornman awesome idea for a tgread btw

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. ^ Could someone respond to my post? I'd appreciate it :)

13. keep rotating the cup thru out the day but looks good

14. Looks good. I suggest adding more soil to cover up the stretched stem. This will give it more support too.

15. Yeah, those guys nailed it, if you can do it indoor, def do it, CFLs are always a cheap option too. 

16. I love cfl vegging keeps the electric bill cheap

17. Yeah I did that last night :)
    Is it okay to use the straw to support it or does that make the stem weaker ?

18. Its ok to use but once the stem gets thicker u wont need it

19. using support doesn't make the plant weaker, I know a ton of people that refuse to grow without like 4-5 bamboo stakes per plant, so it's not at all uncommon or a bad idea.