The Official how Does She Look? Thread

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Corn Man, May 17, 2014.

1. #1 Corn Man, May 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
    I notice a lot of new beginners posting threads just simply asking how their plant looks. They are new, they have nothing for compare in real life so they come to use to make sure it isn't critically damaged. I am simply posing a thread to compile all of those into one.  

I am also putting this in here, just because I hate reading reallly long posts, just keep it simple, like

Strain:
    Medium:
    Lights:
    Nutrients:
    Current Date:
    Future plans:

Like obviously give us some story if you want, no one will mind, but we don't need a whole page on why you went with HydroFoam timers instead of Titan 

2. Maybe a little info about the plant and how it's grown would help to assess the situation better if there IS a problem. Great idea too!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Oh yes, the more you can tell us the more, just keep it simple, I don't like to read a ton. 

4. Obviously it isn't all about me, but I assure you, no one wants to read like 1,000 words on how you came to this point, and if you do, I apologize and feel free to notify others that you will read their novel =P

5. Well I may as well kick this off. My baby is eight days out and this is my first hydro grow. She seems to be struggling early, maybe problems with the rockwool, who knows, like I said, first hydro grow. 

So how does she look?

[​IMG]

6. #6 bockscar, May 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2014
    Since my posts are always long...heres what i think you meant by future plans, and Ill make it snappy.

Already topped, LST and Super Cropped....pretty heavily actually. I want to keep these ladies as short as possible, so I plan to keep on LSTing and Supercropping, DONT really want to top any more...but i think i might have too because these things are growing toooooo fast!

Also...this is a teaser post since I dont wanna snap any night pics.lol Will post some ASAP tomorrow tho! give the ladies a chance to hit the sauce i just fed them...and see how they respond over night!

BOOM!---first 2 is the Cheese, and the last 2 are the Holy Grail Kush. Ive tried talking to both of them, trying to let them know that their time as adults will come sooner they think...so to cherish this time in their youth and not grow UP soooooo fast!haha

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah, get them pics up brotha 

8. #8 bradleyboy, May 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2014
    Strain:  some feminized seed from dutch passion (I mixed the seeds)
    Medium: plagron batmix
    Lights: cfl 150w x2 +2x red when I start flower
    Nutrients: none as yet Hesi when she shows signs of needing them
    Future plans: thinking of defoliating and topping at mo but don't like idea of cutting limbs off, also waiting on others to catch up to start flower

View attachment 139374

Edit: she 5 weeks tomorrow btw :)

9. She is looking really nice, I would top that thing like crazy, she looks like she just wants to be super bushy 

10. Dont know who youre talking too...since i think it applies to both.ha

11. Strain:unkown random nice bagseeds good smoke from both
    Medium:flushed miricle grow
    Lights:400+ watts cfls mostly red with a few blues
    Nutrients:none anymore read bad stories about MG bloom booster
    Current Date: 5/18/2014 47 days old 22 into flower
    Future plans:smoke nugs
    \n LN47F22.jpg
    \nthis one might be more sativia than the first pic its always grown slower fans seem more slender
    CN47F22.jpg

12. All of these are looking so great. I recommend topping to literally anyone, it's a great technique. I prefer to FIM, but there is no reason not to do it. 

13. Strain: Auto Northerlights x Bigbud (World of Seeds)
    Medium: Fox Farms Happy Frog (Soil)
    Lights:400w MH and 2 "Daylight" CFLs 
    Nutrients: Fox Farms
    Current Date: 14 days
    Future plans: I have a 150w HPS and a 1000w HPS. I don't really want to be using a 1000w for one plant,for obvious reasons. Should I just use the 150w HPS with some low spectrum CFLs? Would that do good?

<div> View attachment 1453709
    View attachment 1453708
    View attachment 1453707

</div>

14. #14 bockscar, May 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
    OR...grow more plants!haha looks good...but no advice for ya, sorry!

edit:
    just enlarged the pictures....Look really, really nice and Im jelly cuz those internodes are stacking like its no ones business! Looks ripe for topping, LST...and super cropping if youre up for it! MEGABUSH!...and not the 70s kind!

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 Legal Liez, May 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
    Thanks for checking it out! And, I'm glad to hear you think it's looking good. This is my first "real" time growing, meaning i'm actually going by the book, with quality products. But yeah, this is just a sort of a tester. I've never grown an autoflower before. So if this turns out well, I'll have to make a garden =D

I'll also do a journal if you're interested in following my progress on this, and help me out along the way. If i need it =D

and, I don't think i'm going to top or LST this time. I just want to grow it at this point haha.

16. All of these are looking real nice, glad to see so many people starting up with healthy plants 

17. Strain: Berry Bomb Auto
    Soil: Promix/compost/perlite 1:1:1
    Nutrients: Espoma Tomato-Tone, kelp meal, neem meal, rock dust
    Light: 1kw Lumatek/Hortilux
    Born on: 4/16, 33 days out of 70(ish)
    Future plans: Planting all 6 of my Reserva Privada Strawberry Banana seeds either today or tomorrow to fill out the other half of my 4x8. I will harvest monthly :bongin:

[​IMG]

18. Really brotha? We both know you're plant looks remarkable ;P

LOL thanks brotha, I saw Legal debating whether or not to run the 1kw ;)

20. I run a 1kw and honestly love it. Huge Dense buds guaranteed. I am just waiting for my baby to start growing, the first like month is always the worst because it's so slow, I can't wait to start training mine 

• Like Like x 1