Scrog Watering Question

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by greennewb, May 16, 2014.

1. simple question but an issue i find i'm struggling with:

so i have the screen set up around 7" from the top of the hempy bucket. however, i'm finding that when i'm watering it, i don't have enough space to pour from under the screen (i.e. the watering can hits the screen and i can't tilt it enough to pour out all the water).

for now, i can pour from over the screen, but what about when the plant is bigger and the screen fills up? i guess i could buy a water pump, but is there another way? i could also pour it by a cup and a time or something like that but that's a pain as well.

anyone else ever come across this issue? any suggestions? i feel like there's some simple solution that i'm just not considering.

2. I use a funnel to reach mine in the middle

3. water pump is the way to go man

4. #6 AugustWest, May 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
    i do like 12-18+" myself. i like being able to get under there and keep it tidy.

6"? you can barely fit your hand under there..

heh, well maybe i'll adjust it a bit. i still have some time.

6. mine are between 8 to 10 inches, its good to be able to access the underside,however if you set your screen too high it can take a really long time to fill out 

7. mine  is at 9 inches above .....just seemed like a happy medium between 6 and 12 lol.....the girls are thriving only took like 2 weeks to fill the screen enough so i was comfortable to flip, this is my first go round i might add so I'm still very much a no0b at this whole thing

8. That is something about scrog that sounds bad... Your containers are effectively set in cement.
    I have a 4x4 tent and wouldn't be able to step I side to adjust lighting or fans or anything...
    Not to hijack the thread, I want to learn! I understand with scrog you get the most per plant letting all leaves get lighting. But it seems like a lot of work... Why not grow more plants and just harvest the tops? I see it being good to stay legal and maximize your yield with a limited number if plants... What a the advantage of a 4x4 grow with 1 or 2 plants in scrog vs 4 big bushy plants? Sorry for my ignorance

Oh I also see them great for people who can't LITFA :)

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1277190-DDPs-first-attempt

yeah not being able to move the plant is definitely a con to SCROG. normally i just LST them which is easier, but decided that i wanted to do a screen this time around just to switch it up and see how it goes.