Warneezy First Timer

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Parz3val, May 16, 2014.

1. #41 Parz3val, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    Had tried pinching a stem on a side cola to see what would happen. Needless to say it fell over and I couldn't support it correctly. So I pulled it and it's drying. Wasn't really wanting to take it early but I grabbed it cuz it wasn't goin anywhere and it's my first time wanna see what the girl is like in different stages. Was dickin around with a hand held scope and my phone and happened to finagle a picture of the trics. image.jpg image.jpg

Gonna be curing this little guy to practice and make sure I find the right moisture content for the jars. I know it won't be extremely accurate due to the small amount of green hehe. Happy to be playing with some product

2. I've done a bit of research and case studies and have always wanted to try "magic mushrooms". Only reason I bring this up is while I was out with some friends playing some gold ol disc golf, used to play in (high)school, and I came across a small gathering of Amanita muscaria (Fly Agaric). This is a very common and differ type, from what I've heard and read, of magic mushroom the ones we all know, and love from our favorite game as a kid! You got it Mario and Luigi never felt better after this guy. Anyhow I'm tempted to cure a few or do what it is you do with the fresh ones in prep for "intoxication" as most put it. Only got one picture and it didn't have the white spots as it was on its way up out of the dirt.
    image.jpg
    Anyhow I'll have a few pics of the girl up after the weekend she's goin thru a little swell stage it seems. That little cutting is about dried up. I just hung it in the closet no trimmy trim till it's dry and ready for cure. It's at about 2.8grams. It was an early cut and a rather smaller cola in comparisons I the other 7-10 side not including the main cola. My buddy thinks I'll get a QP and that would be tight! I have a few friends that are dying to try organic soil grown bud they've only ever had hydro so the more I can share the better! It'sfeels good to be able to share what I'm thinking about with all of this stuff I get so excited about something I see on here or with my grow and I've got my girl and one or two grow friends (recently acquainted friends) to talk to. Anyhow I'm done rambling I'll have a few pics up in a couple days.

3. The Schnozberries taste like Schnozberries. Haha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Added 3 more bulbs so were at 330 or so on watts. I ordered a 4bulb to 1 socked adapter and added it today to the room. It's lookin mighty bright in there now. I mean it's no 400w with hood or 1k watt but for cfl it's filling out nicely and it's maybe 10$ a month to run em all.
    image.jpg image.jpg

5. She looks great! I hope my little girl does this well! Glad to see results with CFL its encouraging.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Looking good. Solid cola on that gal. Reminds me that I've got some CFL that I've been meaning to toss into my flower tent for the last year or so, maybe I'll finally get around to it this run.  

7. #47 Parz3val, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    Thanks dock! I do set the girls out on my porch roughly 3-4 times a week for 2 hours so they're getting a bit of help with that 6-10 hours of sun a week but shes definitely not struggling to put on some chunk under those CFLs

Thanks case22! she sways a bunch when she's on the porch in the wind gonna have to support it soon! My friend who share the cut said the last week or two she swells a bunch. The nice thing I've found with the CFLs putting em in dark spots to get better coverage maybe for your situation might boost those popcorn buds a bit for that even better hash

8. I snapped a few pics of the girls before I left for work. I know I post quite often and in the future after this harvest I'll cut it down a bit. I just get so excited about what we're all doing everyday, the science and biology we are learning and experiencing is always awesome. Plus I have no one else to share my enthusiasm of this craft. Anyhow the pics aren't glamorous but here they are we're at 8 weeks on the banana kush
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    The pineapple chunk at a week and a half into flower
    image.jpg

9. So I'm pretty much ready to not purchase from anyone anymore so I cut a few nugs off the old girl at this 8weeks mark so I can have some smoke and see how she takes early might take another cut in a week and chop almost everything at 10 but leave one or two nodes to maure longer wait till 11 and 12 to take the last. First time growing I want to experience as much as I can with these girls it's a ton of fun to experiment. I've been reading a lot and I'm going to do my best to replicate @[member="Rumpleforeskin"] method of harvest and cure since it seems pretty simple and to the point http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-medical-marijuana/424138-simple-harvest-cure-step-step.html here's the cuts after a cleaning and hung up. Will let ya know the smoke report when they've cured at least a week or two.
    image.jpg image.jpg

10. I feel like there's pm starting to form on the banana it's been kept at bay this whole grow I feel and am not 100% sure it's pm but it don't look like trics that are formin up on some fan leaves. So I'll probably be chopping her in a few hours in fear of loosing her all together to pm. First grow and I'm not wanting to risk it! She's at 58 days and it's super early specially since my buddy says she chunks out at the end. Will post a few pics of what I see and maybe ther will be an answer to saver her but if the chop chop is needed then I'm okay with it!

image.jpg
    image.jpg

11. So I didn't chop ended up defoliating and then mixed a hydrogen peroxide solution and applied just after lights out as a foliar spray. So we will see how that works and hope it holds out till harvest.

12. Transplanted the chunky diesel to a 2 gallon pot yesterday from a liter. Hers some root ball and after transplant.

image.jpg image.jpg

13. Here's a pic of some dried/cured ,for a day or two (will be curing it longer), bud! My very own brand so stoked! Smoked a joint last night and a nice bowl today since it was at 8 weeks it was definitely upity haven't gotten a pic of the trichs but their about 3/4ths milky when I looked. Anyhow here's the dried early cut lol came in around 6.2grams for the 3 nodes I pulled off.

image.jpg

14. Picked up some clones last night after work cuz were about to chop that banana kush in a few days she's at 65 today gonna take her to 70 and maybe a little longer if the PM issue stays a bay.

The two on top are nerds and the bottom one is another pineapple chunk.
    image.jpg

hadn't tasted the PC before flipping the cut I had to 12/12 like a week later my buddy had some available and It was awesome! So this PC I'll LST the shit out of haha I want a big bush of this girl. The nerds I'll be LSTing as well. I think all my future plants will be LST the shorter bushes will be easier to manage ,since I move em up and down the stairs, it's hard to carry a tree around haha. I'm about to throw the chunky diesel into 12/12 once I chop that banana kush. It's so close!

15. 3 days earlier than reccomend ex by my buddy and prolly will run it even to 11-12 next time I feel she's not fully there yet but the PM is getting to be an issue so rather loose the harvest I chopped that bitch!!

After chop
    image.jpg image.jpg

Main cola trimmed ready to dry
    image.jpg

Root ball
    image.jpg image.jpg

16. Little update on the flower room going to try and keep up a perpetual it's spaced farther than I planned but due to timing with clones and such. Timing will come in the long run just glad I've been able to go thru a full cycle and am excited for all the runs in the future! Anyhow here's some shots of the flower room.

Got some pineapple chunk at 2 and a half weeks and then chunky diesel that's just started her final strech 4 days into flower
    image.jpg image.jpg

And the room as a whole
    image.jpg

I cleaned out the room with bleach sprayed everything that I couldn't scrub in hopes to nip this powdery mildew problem. I've added a kelp and neem tea foliar spray to my IPM. Got a hand held sprayer for finer mists. I re arranged the room as well made it more enclosed and added a 3rd side to a box that makes the little room in hopes to increase light intensity with the little that I've got! So no more open room a bit more closed in and organized. it is so much easier to work in that room now that 2gallon pot LST is the perfect size and height. I sorta feel this will turn into a modified very small scale sog/scrog except I won't be using a screen in the near future maybe later on when I get a 600watt or bigger. Anyhow I'm done rambling thanks for stopping by! Oh here's my haul minus the main cola (it's still drying) weighed in at a half Oz we shall see what the rest comes out to.
    image.jpg

17. The chunky diesel stretching a bit 9 days into flower.

image.jpg

18. #58 Parz3val, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    hello errone i know its been a bit since my last post but not much news to be honest the small room keeps me limited to what i can play with so for now im just doing what i can to smoke my own brand :yummy: . anyhow i lost a soldier last friday to PM itried what i could but it was too little to late so i had to give pineapple chunk the axe. in lighter news the chunky diesel is moving on strong and had a jump on my IPM with her so far so good this is 22 days in
    FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender(1).jpg
    after she gets the axe ill be rethinking my flower room. as i am not able to extensively clean the room cuz theres a bunch of my shit in there like a mattress and whatnot, had to use what area was available, so i may be building a cabinet but its secrecy isnt such an issue so thatll make life easier haha. anyhow heres the babies im dickin around with not trying to grow em big right now mainly playing with best way to do my harvest i had earlier thought i may want to make bushes with lst but not sure i love the art to be honest :hide: so i may do more of a perpetual SOG 2 plants Lolly popped maybe 6 in in total rotation. anyways ive got a pineapple chunk imma lst real nice right here
    FullSizeRender(2).jpg
    and two nerds havent decided what im doin with em prolly LST one and mother the other
    FullSizeRender(3).jpg FullSizeRender(4).jpg
    well thats all for now till i have more to report :wave:

19. Picked up a Bruce banner on the left and a Kush Face to the right.
    image.jpg

Been able to keep the PM in control my temps are running a bit better now as well wich I feel has been the culprit the whole time. Runnin at 75-77f lights on and 72-73 lights off. Got another 20 some days on this chunky diesel before she gets the axe just in time for the first day at the slopes in November shes smeling amazing way better than my banana kush I can see the difference in how my soil has improved for this girl. May be getting more space soon so I'll just be vegging the Bruce banner,kush face, pineapple chunk, and nerds till I know if I'll be getting the extra room. Even so I will be building out a small room that I'll have more control of once this chunky D is done. Here's the chunk 32 days into 12/12
    image.jpg image.jpg

20. Built out a little room gonna get some in line fans and seal off the room filter the air coming in and carbon scrubber out. Here's a peek inside.
    image.jpg