New Minnesota Mmj Bill

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Philosiraptor, May 16, 2014.

1. o_O -----> red tape

2. The one thing that seemed completely unworkable was that it sounded like the vaporization had to be done in a supervised clinical setting for the "study." For any who need immediate symptom relief for qualifying conditions, this bill didn't look to provide it. Hard to stop spasms or a seizure when you have to make an appointment and drive there.

Anything gleaned specifically on the clinical vaporization component? Did that change in the final version? Of course, the language is probably open-ended enough to allow them to write that in any way they see fit.

3. I saw that "writing on the wall" a long time ago. Glad others are able to recognize it, too bad many more either cant or wont.
    Also, your going to see states that allow medical and those that vote it for it in the future as being referred to as CBD states more and more. Loses that "evil" substance, Marijuana.
    ;)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. As I understand it that requirement was dropped. There is so much to be defined in "Rule-making" and by the Commissioner I think we will see many changes.  I'll bet many are not for the betterment of the patient though.

5. Yeah, it will be very interesting to see what price point they sell their vapor wax or whatever this stuff is. Probably just like the black market still so that the tax coffers get filled up faster. It's hard to know what everyone is getting excited about in here as this bill is so open-ended, no one knows what it will even look like yet until the "rule-making" process is done. Pretty crazy we can have tax laws that are a million pages thick and spelled out when they are passed, but mmj needs further creative rule-making after the fact.

6. #106 MunchiesMan78, May 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014
    "The compromise bill allows for two manufacturing facilities and eight dispensaries statewide, more than the House bill called for."
    Wow. More than the house called for? How ridiculous. I'm guessing more MMJ bills will look like this in the future.

"Opponents said legalizing medical marijuana in any form would be a step toward legalizing recreational use, and risked addicting more children to pot and other drugs.

"The voices that weren't represented during this debate were the parents who have lost children to drug abuse, in which marijuana played a part," said Sen. Bill Ingebrigtsen, R-Alexandria."

Enough of this myth already. These misinformed ignorant dumb asses need to take their head out of the sand and stop spewing this blatant lie. Senator Bill Ingebrigtsen is also a fucking idiot. I'm guessing that he's saying that this is a gateway drug, which is a laughable myth that was disproved long ago. Politics in this country are ruined if politicians don't want to listen to the facts anymore.

7. They don't believe a word of it. Just political spin. Money talks, by the way. Always has. Politics has never been "pure."

8. Very true. Sad that governments become corrupt like this. People say money is the root of all evil, but what makes a person want money? Desire. It's desire that has the potential to be the root of all evil...

9. I read in the Daily Cannabis News today that there is already concern that the chosen entities for production and distribution, whomever they may turn out to be, will likely have a tough time making money with 5K patients, $45 per gram of oil, 2.5 grams per pt. per month.  The "Rule-Making" body will decide if these are to be non-profits or what.

A lot will need to change in this law for there to be a hope of success.  As it stands, a registered patient will face Felony charges if caught with any plant matter weight.  For the General Public in MN that level doesn't doesn't kick in until 42.5g+.

Here is another very interesting article: http://www.startribune.com/politics/statelocal/261027301.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue  

10. Thanks for the article. I've met one of the young ladies in the article and know her story well along with the other young woman. There are LOTS of people being intentionally left out in the dark by this law. Pretty much everyone who qualifies and anyone who doesn't.

The one potential error I keep seeing is mention of the oil and how potent it will be. What if its a high CBD strain made into oil? I expect that to be the case. But the point about knowing if it will even work for you mentioned by the one man in the article is spot on. Many people have used many pharma drugs before they find something that works. Cornering people into this oil is just insane.

Agreed.  I've got little faith that "Whole Plant Extracts" will be used by the time this gets on it's feet.  All of the other Cannabinoids, Terpenoids, Flavinoids, etc, work with each other in synergistic ways.  Many people do not know this.  Storm Crow has a very informative bunch, and I mean a bunch, of data compiled related to this.  She will send the info to people who ask.  http://forum.grasscity.com/user/105249-storm-crow/ 

12. I'm posting this in a couple spots so more eyes see it.  Sorry if this is bothersome.  
    \n8/27/2014
    \nVERY GOOD READING AND AUDIO
    \nThe Task Force Plan:
    http://www.lcc.leg.m...rceWorkPlan.pdf
    \n\nThe Task Force home page ((check out the audio of the last(first)meeting.  http://www.lcc.leg.m...dio/140731.MP3   )):
    http://www.lcc.leg.mn/mctrtf/
    \n\nFor Manufacturers, (potential ones at this point) and other links:
    http://www.health.st...bis/mfrrfa.html
    \n\nEnjoy the education and the show.  This is going to be very interesting I think.  
    \nKnowing MN this as I do this MMJ Program could get frozen in complexity as the Rules get worked on.  Maybe the members of the Task Force that are not politicians can keep it from getting bogged down.  Maybe... 

13. The formal Manufacturer Request For application: 

http://www.health.state.mn.us/topics/cannabis/mfrfinalrfa.pdf

Bachman's Floral  apparently is prepping an app.  Also a large aeroponic tomato grower, forget the name, forgot where I read it. Multi-million bucks plus to get it right.  A whole lot of stuff is getting done very fast and it's getting very complicated.  Can they pull it off I wonder?

Y'all Good?

14. MINNESOTA HIV/AIDS DOCTORS NOT CERTIFYING FOR REGISTRY!!

Hello.  

It is May 14, 2015.  The Minnesota Medical Marijuana Program will be accepting patient registrations and Doctor certifications in just two weeks, June 1, 2015 and medicine will be available on July 1st, 2015.

I am an AIDS patient.  I have called my doctor and 10 others and local support groups and NONE are planning on certifying patients to enter the program.

Many Docs and Clinics say they have no information from the State Dept. of Health on the process.  Some say they will not participate due to Federal laws.  A few think only HIV/AIDS patients with Wasting Syndrome qualify (not true, just a diagnosis of HIV and/or AIDS). 

This is not good.  Access to medicine seems to be going to become a very big problem here in Minnesota.

Does anyone have any information to help?

Peace and Good Health.

15. Wish they had MMJ for fibromyalgia, i know a few people suffering from it and their only relief is weed.

16. Yep...