New Minnesota Mmj Bill

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Philosiraptor, May 16, 2014.

1. There is no legitimate reason to outlaw smoking raw cannabis. It has already been proven that the cannabinoids and terpenoids in cannabis protect against and completely mitigate the potential damage caused by inhaling combusted plant matter. One of the reasons tobacco cigarettes are so damaging is due to not having those mitigation methods.

The bottom line is that many conditions are treatable from smoking. A joint or pipe is very economical without requiring expensive paraphernalia.

it's outlawed already.

b.s. a bong is not any cheaper than a vape. an oil vape like atmos costs $60.. you can get a battery for $10 that will fit most oil carts with the right threading, which has become more a less standard. the worst case scenario you buy an adapter for another $1. 

3. Vaporizer. What are those. Please explain.

Lol. I have been a med patient for 10 years now and a caretaker for 6. I think know the benefits of vaping and smoking. How can you really try to defend that a cbd/ vape only bill is any exceptable for a med patient as you claim
    Your self to be.

lol. good job.

don't change the subject... i was pretty clear about the fact that *you know who* suggested that smoking is better than vaping .. and that's a pretty outrageous claim. then you jump in with your charts and conclusion supporting that. 

if you know so much then why are you making a pointless claim about "smoking better than vaping"?

5. I don't have a freaking clue what any of that is. Seriously. Oil carts? No idea.
    You've never known anyone with a serious medical condition which is aided by rapid, convenient ingestion via smoking.
    See, people with serious medical issues.....we don't fucking worry about the "damage" as we have serious shit we're dealing with. Something is going to kill me. I'm not being a fatalist when I say this. The pharma drugs I'm on have such a long product sheet of side effects, cannabis isn't even a worry in any way.

And your straw man arguments are getting old. Never said smoking is "better" from a health aspect. I meant from a symptom relief aspect for some patients. But you're God and their doctor on top of everything else, so you'll decide for them. #hypocrite.

6. I've tried explaining to the children in here we had a huge tobacco settlement in MN. There is no way they can hang onto that money while setting up a state mmj system which would allow smoking. But the nanny staters in here think its for everyone's health and safety.
    Sorry, just money once again. Government still doesn't care about you.

then do your research. you are so good at it.
    and you should worry about the damage... you know that's like saying i have arthritis so i'm just going to eat more sugar, because f. it .. there is a problem anyway. your logic makes 0 sense.

there's no better symptom relief from smoking than from vaping. why should i believe you?
    but you are not inhaling by-products of combustion when you are vaping. don't ask here... go call your favorite mmj doc and ask.

again today smoking herb is illegal in Minnesota so what is your point?

8. Why do you believe the government to be looking out for your and my best interests?
    The point is that in states which don't have med systems set up, many have no idea what you're even talking about, let alone having already used it and knowing if a vape will help them. Not all of the cannabinoids are extracted via vaping and its a totally different feeling, I have heard.

Again, you're acting like a controlling prohibitionist trying to tell people with serious medical conditions how to live their lives. No one has that right. If it doesn't affect your well being in any way, shape or form, why not just eff off and leave people to live their lives?
    Tell us that. Why are YOU so special you get to tell everyone how to live their lives?

you are speaking from the perspective that every mmj user has an idea to what it's like to smoke the herb, which they don't.

a vape is just as easy to operate as a bong (for someone who we'll presume is brand new).. if not easier.
    again, why do you think there are thousands of mmj patients today that use vaporizers? because they are effective and safe. 

"Not all of the cannabinoids are extracted via vaping and its a totally different feeling, I have heard."
    many have heard otherwise. 

10. Well, why can one make edibles from vaporized cannabis? Because all the cannabinoids were extracted? No.
    It's pretty obvious you are not a medical patient. What you are, exactly, I'm not sure. You certainly lack compassion for the chronically ill. Its not YOUR call. That is the point, myopic one.

because some people vaporize with that specific purpose. you can use a lower temperature, or instead of taking 3 hits take just one... then use what is still left in the herb for your cooking needs. 
    for some people edibles actually work better in no part because they are sensitive to hot smoke. (another benefit of vaping is that you can usually control the temperature). but vapor will certainly never be as hot as smoke. 

the thing is when you smoke you burn everything. you have no control over what you inhale like carbon monoxide and tar... that's just common sense.

p.s. how do you come the conclusion that i "lack compassion for the chronically ill" from my posts about vaporizing cannabis vs smoking it? maybe you are the one lacking compassion if you expect a lung cancer patient to smoke the herb vs ingesting it as "Rick Simpson Oil" for example? 

12. What stage is their lung cancer? Has it spread to their brain yet? How long do they have?
    See, once again, you haven't even considered things like that. There are different scenarios for everything.
    I just laid to rest a dear family member who died of brain cancer. Don't even think of starting in with me on this. I have no patience for you as is.

i don't really give a shit what you have patience for. put me on your ignore list and be done with it.

i too lost two family members to cancer, but i don't go around spreading negativity in every thread.

to answer your questions... 
    1. does it matter? would you still want them smoking at stage 1 or 3?
    2. no. i was talking about lung cancer. 
    3. don't know. doctors rarely know for sure ... maybe 3 months maybe 5 years. 

14. Great post.  Very informative. Thanks.

15. It seems to me, and I'm no expert in chemistry, that if vaping releases all of the chemicals helpful to us without the byproducts of combustion then this is a good thing, yes?  

I don't like being told what I can and can not put in my body but if a law designed to deliver medicine is written to prevent harmful combustion byproducts while still allowing for delivery of all helpful chemicals, if it actually does, then I don't see the problem.

I'd prefer to just have the Authorities stay the hell out of my business and smoke a joint legally if I care to but in the meantime I'll smoke one illegally.  

Joints are not economical with bud.  That's why I rarely ever use joints.  One hitters or Bong snaps are the most economical.

With a one hitter you are using less than .1 grams.   One hitters don't really get me high though.

17. #37 Philosiraptor, May 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014

The problem is you're not getting all of the helpful chemicals on some vapes.  My pax only goes up to 410 degrees.  I'm sure I could get hotter on my Silver Surfer but then it is basically smoking.

Vapes can be hundreds of dollars for a quality vape too.  To get a solid vape you probably need to spend as much as the Medical Marijuana card itself

It's ok to not give a shit but to be rude about it isn't polite.

1. The point we continuously make is that you are not getting all of the helpful chemicals from vaping (without turning it up to near smoking temperatures)

19. THIS IS FROM THE CALIFORNIA NORML WEBSITE:
    \nVaporization is a technique for avoiding irritating respiratory toxins in marijuana smoke by heating cannabis to a temperature where the psychoactive ingredients evaporate without causing combustion.
    Laboratory studies by California NORML and MAPS have found that vaporizers can efficiently deliver cannabinoids while eliminating or drastically reducing other smoke toxins.
    Like tobacco, marijuana smoke contains toxins that are known to be hazardous to the respiratory system. Among them are the highly carcinogenic polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons, a prime suspect in cigarette-related cancers. These toxins are essentially a byproduct of combustion, separate from the pharmaceutically active components of marijuana, known as cannabinoids, which include THC. Although there is no proof that marijuana smoking causes cancer, chronic pot smokers have been shown to suffer an elevated risk of bronchitis and respiratory infections. Respiratory disease due to smoking may therefore rightly be regarded as the primary physiological hazard of marijuana.
    Cannabis vaporizers are designed to let users inhale active cannabinoids while avoiding harmful smoke toxins. They do so by heating cannabis to a temperature of 180 - 200 C (356 - 392 F), just below the point of combustion where smoke is produced. At this point, THC and other medically active cannabinoids are emitted with little or none of the carcinogenic tars and noxious gases found in smoke. Many medical marijuana patients who find smoked marijuana highly irritating report effective relief inhaling through vaporizers. Users who are concerned about the respiratory hazards of smoking are strongly advised to use vaporizers. Alternative devices, such as waterpipes, have been shown to be ineffective at reducing the tars in marijuana smoke

20. ^Nice post.  Still missing CBC and THCV from vape temps though.

Waterpipes may be ineffective at reducing tar but they are far less irritating to the throat than a dry pipe/chillum/one hitter.

I think different vapes are better for you too.  For example, I get an unusual cough from my pax that I don't get from my SSV.

I'm sure down the road this Medical marijuana program will become more lenient by letting us have access to plant material and potentially permitting smoking.