Nfl And Cannabis

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Storm Crow, May 15, 2014.

1. #1 Storm Crow, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    Recently in the news, there has been talk about the NFL allowing cannabis use and also Gordon's suspension-to-be. (Surprise! Granny likes football!) A lot of you have read articles about it, smiled and said "Cool!" and that was it.

Dudes, articles like that give us a golden opportunity to educate a large number of people! I saw this article this morning -

Josh Gordon faces suspension
    http://abc7.com/sports/josh-gordon-faces-suspension/52113/

My response?

I believe that post-game cannabis use should be mandatory for all athletes at risk for concussions! Besides easing pain, cannabinoids can protect the brain in cases of brain trauma! See “Marijuana Bowl: Leading Up To Football's Biggest Game, The NFL May Want to Consider Legalizing Weed As Way To Treat Concussions” (Medical Daily), “Cannabinoids As Neuroprotective Agents in Traumatic Brain Injury” (PubMed), “Cannabis Responsive Head Injury Induced Mutiple Disabilities: A Case Report (scirp), “Low Doses of THC (Cannabis) Can Halt Brain Damage, Study Suggests” (Science Daily) and “How hash became a smash in brain trauma research” (maps).

Brain trauma has led to the suicides of several athletes - that is a fact. The studies and articles above suggest that cannabis use may help brains to heal better, and, hopefully, prevent such tragic suicides from happening again. It just seems insane to punish our athletes for using a herbal medicine that can protect their brains!

You could have written that, or something similar. Half is just titles lifted from the "Brain trauma" section of my List. (Bottom of my sig - send me an email, or PM me your email address- the List is free)

Commenting in the news is a safe and effective way to educate people who normally would have absolutely no interest in learning about medical marijuana. And they are exactly the people we need to reach! 

If you use cannabis, there is no good reason why you shouldn't be working to get it legalized, and in the news you can remain anonymous.

And to be honest, I get this guilty pleasure in giving a well-deserved "smack-down" to some of the lying prohibitionists out there! They rant "Pot causes lung cancer worse than tobacco!" So I reply with "Large Study Finds No Link between Marijuana and Lung Cancer" (Scientific American) and "Delta-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer" (PubMed).  Which usually shuts them up quite nicely.  :devious:

Legalization will bring lower prices in a few years. Who would pay today's prices for what you, me, and the little old arthritic lady down the street, are all growing? And not going to jail for using a safe, enjoyable, non-carcinogenic herb in your cigarette is a really big plus, too!  :smoke:

Granny

2. Nice granny.  I used to do some posting about that patent the Us Gov. has on cannabis.

3. So get back posting, hon! We have the medical evidence on our side and my List gives you all the "ammo" you need! The approval rate for cannabis is soaring, but there's nothing wrong in each of you giving it a boost now and then by doing a little educating.

Granny

4. I don't think they should make it mandatory for athletes at risk for concussions but it should be available. We shouldn't be forcing any sort of treatment on anybody but instead be providing as many options as we can and also ensuring that everyone has access to the information they need to make an informed decision about which treatment option(s) to pursue. Medical Marijuana should certainly be one of these options when it comes to treating concussions.

5. Hi granny and I agree it really Does help and will continue to help whoever uses it I hope Josh Gordon doesn't get suspended tho he might..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app