My Kids Will Be School Free.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ItsReneeYo_, May 15, 2014.

1. While it can be very hard for parents to decide on whether they will homeschool their child or not, it is advisable to read around and weigh the Pros and Cons.  But as for me, and with the advantages it gives our family, it is a win win all around.

Anne
    http://HomeschoolingOption.com/

• Like Like x 1
  2. Take it from someone who went to public school til 9th grade then homeschool til 12th. Homeschooling literally degrades your kids social skills, no matter if your part of a homeschool group or not. The social things they learn in the school enviroment can far outweigh the education itself. Especially if they want to be someone with a well paying job in society so will be attending a traditional college. They will be SERVERLY unprepared for the social situations that might occur at college or later in life. Public education is a blessing that millions of kids around the world don't have the oppurtinity of attending. Don't make the same mistake my parents did, I went from social butterfly in 9th grade to a reclusive socially awkward kid once I got into freshman college because of the lack of social skills In big groups I would have developed in a traditional high school setting. If you feel public school education isn't up to par nothing says you can't supplement it with a couple hours a week of your own curriculum to your kids.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well said man, well said.

4. You have that right. Farming does not take a high school education to learn. Your kids can start thier own organic farm. I know a hippie lady (she was a flower child, went to woodstock, etc.) She dropped out of school and has little education. But she learned about lavender. She learned how to grow it, harvest and make soap from and skin creams and all sorts of neat things. Today she owns her own lavender farm and makes a comfortable living from it. She is one of those people that "dropped out of society" meaning she won't adhere to the big corporate capitalism machine. She is kickin it in the hills of Cali smokin weed and selling lavender product from her home/farm.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah homeschooling isn't a terrible
    Idea... But if your the teacher your kids are fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I think it's stupid to lay out a kids education before you even meet them. They could need the school structure, or it could kill them.

There are no absolutes, and what didn't work for you could work really well for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Renee threads are the best.  :smoke:

8. I agree. The school system teaches a lot of stupid shit. But I do think there should be school. Just not the way we have them now...

9. yeah your child will probably be smarter if they are home schooled but it will effect their social skills. i could never home school my kids because they drive me insane 90% of the time they are home. They are nuts.! lol.

10. I was homeschooled for a couple years and I had friends but definitely wasn't as social as I would at school. Homeschooling really isn't bad.

11. Wow, I'm calling dhs.

lol

12. #292 Continuum, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
    My girlfriend's little brother is 12, homeschooled, and has no friends.  Not 'no friends his own age' or anything like that...zero friends.  He doesn't even have siblings since both of them are 21+ and don't live at home.  He's weird and quiet and has no ability to operate in a social setting.  He doesn't listen well, he's got poor reading comprehension and is just generally not a smart kid.

Parents should not teach their own children unless they are teachers themselves.  Yes, public schools can be shitty because it's run on an antiquated industrial-era system, but if you don't know how to teach and they're just reading a bunch of shit out of a book, it's no better.

I urge you to reconsider this notion.

13. Have fun having your kids speaking worse than ebonics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. school is not a bad thing

15. This school system didn't get me anything,I believe in homeschooling or better and that's the kind of education I want for my kid.

16. Ebonics are tight bro

17. Conquer and divide. The nation's rulers do not want tight nit families because that would risk losing control.

Let the kids raise your state to their ideals while parents are both working.

Even early feminism, mother's spend all day with their child, who they love most, they'd die for them, why would they want to go mine coal or be an accountant 5 days a week while the state teaches the child instead of the mother raising a well rounded kid.

The research is there.

18. You're a wonderful product.

19. Reading is how I learned without school or parents. Probably the only reason I'm not a complete moron.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. My dad made me go to school everyday. Im not sure it did much good as he was the one that taught me times tables, spelling and grammar, even help me get a building trade. My good social skill only started to develop once I left school and started doing people's house renovations.