Extracting Resin From Metal Piipe W/microwave

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Popesack, May 14, 2014.

1. He is correct, distilled or very clean water won't boil until disturbed in the microwave...

Not sure why you guys are arguing, simply adding enough salt to the water before will make it boil.

You're both right, kinda. Hard water will boil regardless, the minerals provide nucleation points, distilled water won't until you disturb it or the vessel provides the point

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_OXM4mr_i0

3. The reaction works the other way too. Put distilled water in freezer, do not disturb, carefully remove and shake, it will all freeze at once.

Hard to do though since you have to open the freezer and get it without any disturbance

4. learn something new everyday :metal:

back on topic, a metal pipe in the microwave is not high recommended!

Didn't know that, will have to give it a go, I think it would make a fun sort of "magic trick" to show some people.

I think the above point about minerals makes a good point I did not consider, we could very well have different results because of our locations as well, where I am from, the total PPM of tap water is 30ppm, incredibly low mineral count water where its tricky to buffer PH, so the water from my tap is already near distilled.

Either way, I think this thread is pretty cool for people to learn something from, whatever they decide to believe, makes you think.

To OP however, I would think at the end of the day like others have suggested, your going to get better results with the more traditional cleaning methods.

6. #26 Handyman75, May 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014

This. But not entirely.
    I would get a zip lock for a pipe and put iso in the bag(submerge it), shake it up a bit till the color turns yellow. Then use a coffee filter to strain. After this get another bag and fill the piece with water and salt. Shake it clean and throw that water away. 

Done. Don't boil it or you'll destroy the cannabis you are trying to extract. But he's right. Resin is terrible. And bad smelling, burnt anything really ruins the taste. But I wouldn't pass it up seeing the yellow color is THC. :devious:  :devious:  :devious:

7. Water totally boils in the microwave. If you make the packet hot chocolate and warm up a mug of water on high for 2 min it will boil a bit in my microwave.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I have a friend that uses a product called 420 clean or something.
    Basically you pour a little bit in a bowl with the pipe, fill with water, and microwave it.
    The product completely eats the resin

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Might want to actually read the thread, its discussed in depth.

10. Did any of you guys actually read the op he clearly stated that he will put the pipe in after the water is microwaved. Shit some of you guys should smoke less so you can actually read

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. The only reason I kept reading this thread was in hopes that someone would point this fact out.  

12. Bruh just use a tooth pick