Interior Border Patrol Checkpoints

Discussion in 'General' started by highasaneagle, May 14, 2014.

1. So just wondering for my Cali friends out there. Does anyone frequently go through the Interior Border Patrol Checkpoint on I-15 in Temecula, CA? Just wondering how often they operate and actually stop drivers or if they typically just keep the road open. Any particular time or day that they are more likely to stop cars? 

2. #2 America11, May 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
  3. I would, but I've heard that if dogs tip them off to anything then that gives them probable cause and they're allowed to search your car. Is that true?

I would, but I've heard that if dogs tip them off to anything then that gives them probable cause and they're allowed to search your car. Is that true?

5. Yeah you're going to have weed with you?

Well not if there's gonna be cops and dogs there lol. That's why I'm asking about that checkpoint. I wasn't sure if it was really all that active or if it strictly enforced the pot possession aspect of the checkpoint because California as a state is pretty lax on personal possession. 

7. I don't know about the pot aspect but the checkpoint is a real bitch I heard with a lot of dogs and cops there. Look at the link I posted earlier, there's a video of the agent smashing the guy's glass because he refused to waive his constitutional rights.

:smoke:

8. Yeah, I've seen that video. That took place in Pine Valley, CA which is going towards Arizona. Not the same checkpoint I'm asking about. Anything near Arizona sees a lot more action from what I've heard. 

9. #9 J.T, May 14, 2014
    so i just checked with someone who knows more than i do about this and it turns out the checkpoint you're asking about is pretty relaxed, the ones you would like to avoid are the ones in coachella and on the 5 freeway

Thanks JT. That's a bummer, but it's good to know. 

11. Wait!!! Read my edited post above!

Wow well that's great then! Thanks a lot. I've also heard weekends are even more relaxed too. Not sure if that's true or not, but I figure since it's less than an ounce it shouldn't be too terrible even if I am caught. Still is considered a $100 infraction right?

13. #13 J.T, May 14, 2014
    Ahh less than an ounce!? I thought you were atleast rolling with A pound or more Since youre coming from the border region, ah you should be good even if you do get caught up its only a fine

14. Checkpoints? Fuck that.  USSR come to mind..

Haha I wanna take more, but I'm not trying to do any jail time. Sad part is most of the nation realizes it's not a big deal, many states have decriminalized, many states have approved it for medical use and obviously 2 states have made it legal for recreational use (with more to follow), yet I, as a recreational user who doesn't bother anyone else or do it in public, has to cower through checkpoints and pray I don't get caught for ingesting a substance that is widely considered harmless and even beneficial for the human body. What a strange contradiction to have to abide by. Appreciate the help guys! 

16. Yea i hear you on not wanting any jail time, best of luck!