Maintaining Outdoor Veg After 24Hr Indoor. Lighting.

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by TheJollyRancher, May 14, 2014.

1. Hey folks, wondering what type of light is required to remain in outdoor veg after 2.5 mo indoor veg? I would like to use string lights, not sure what type of bulbs or distance.. I'm using 8bulb t5s over them now and that's outside in shade cloth as of three days ago. My actual garden where they will be in a few weeks is set up with 4x4x2 beds. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks

2. how many hour of sunligbt do you get for outdoor atm? If its 14hr then your good i put mine when its 13 and it didnt flower only when ur daylight have 12 hr

3. It will be 14.5 on the 1st. I think the jump from 24 to 14 will make em flip?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. No, it wont . I buy my clone from the club and leave them in the shade for a day or 2 and then in full sun, as ling ast its not 12/12 your good

7. There isn't a difference between a clone and a 2.5 month old plant acclimated to a 24hr cycle? I could see putting a clone out but idk for sure. I have so much invested i am really nervous to chance it.

8. [quote name="TheJollyRancher" post="20012420" timestamp="1400094659"]

There isn't a difference between a clone and a 2.5 month old plant acclimated to a 24hr cycle? I could see putting a clone out but idk for sure. I have so much invested i am really nervous to chance it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote. My mother plant are outside also been vegging for 4 month, it will be fine

9. I think it will start to flower if you put her put her outside. 24 to 14.5 is a big jump and the plant will notice something is off. Their first line of defense would be to flower to complete it's life cycle I would think.

Is there anyway you can gradually lower the light cycle indoors until it matches outdoors?

10. I've found a way to gradually lower the light cycle outdoors. L[attachment=1477520:ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402685861.823800.jpg

Attached Files:

11. my clones have 24 hour light indoors .then there set out. they grow and veg till idle of august when days get closer to 12/12. that is the 21st of September.3 months after the solstice on 21 June. they need no additional light. they will be fine