First Socal Medical Grow, First Od, And First Organic In Beautiful Socal

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by sprkn1, May 13, 2014.

1. #122 sprkn1, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
    Chi Kush
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411400619.397522.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411400635.414517.jpg

Herijuana
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411400717.871669.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411400729.290515.jpg

Blue Cheese
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411400799.511727.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411400810.162687.jpg

GDP
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411400850.067613.jpg

T. Black Diamond, B. Black Berry Kush
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411400928.572650.jpg

Current Mothers
    T. BlackDiamond, BlackBerry
    B. GDP, Herijuana
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411407682.919257.jpg

Sprayed GC on the ladies this morning. Chopping the Chi Kush and Cheese sometime next week. Still waiting on that amber. Shot up and got new growth getting denser. Something to note for the next run. Going to start with water only to flush em well prior to harvest.

Jarred buds are drying/curing well. GDP is dry enough to smoke, but still has high RH resulting in a somewhat harsh smoke and hard burn. Still burping twice if not more a day leaving the tops off for about 10 minutes or more. This seems to be working so far. Will know more 2nd week of October. But so far all three are drying relatively slow compared to the SLH, going past a week and still around 67-75%. Blackberry was chopped 9/14, BlackDiamond 9/15, GDP 9/9.

I think I could've been over a QP with the Chi Kush, but chopping one of the bigger colas definitely fucked me over. Still tho, with the first chop and a second harvest also planned, I'm hoping to get as much back as possible.

Got the ChiKush cutting getting nice, will be ready for TP in maybe a month. Going to let her roots really take hold. She'll make a nice mother, and also this girl produces some crazy amounts of resin. Can't wait til I see how she does in future runs when I'm more dialed in with her.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411410679.677682.jpg
    3 GDP and 2 Herijuana cuttings in rapid rooters with plain tap.

Got lights and a grow tent in mind. Costing me about 500 for the entire set up and will be running a 400w LED running full spectrum using 3w chips. I'm also looking on alibaba to see if I can find LEDs with 5w or 10w chips. Using lights rated for much greater coverage than actually needed, hoping this compensates and produces some HID system quality in terms of size, density and overall yield and potency. Peace.

•• Chicago Original ••
    -CA Prop215 & SB420 compliant-

SparknOne's NorthCounty SD OD Organic Grow

SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

2. Lookin tits bro! Some good meds there!

3. Chopped the 2nd part of the GDP. Got the whole plant hang drying now. Will chop the Chi Kush probably tomorrow. I've pushed her as much as I think I possibly could've. If not tomorrow, definitely mon.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411860734.682461.jpg
    I'm thinking this is a decent half o at least.

•• Chicago Original ••

4. I'll be curious to see what that GDP would do outside this fall.. I've suspected that RHSS might have a GDP origin but I lost the clone strain I had a long time back..

5. So am I, I can't wait til I get the winter crew out there. I already have a Herijuana outside that I'm expecting to purple up same as with MrS. Unfortunately the GDP was too far along to purp up this go around, I'm sure it'll show well for the next run.

Found spider mites yesterday all over my mothers yesterday. Sprayed the entire garden down with Spinosad in the morning and GC in the afternoon. Going to pull the Chi Kush today most likely if it dried out enough. Because I sprayed spinosad yesterday I'm not sure if I'll be ok to chop today, although I did wash it and drenched it well with GC at the end of the day. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

•• Chicago Original ••

6. The Chi Kush came down today. Will chop the Cheese tomorrow and the rest if the ladies left outside except the Herijuana. Been forced to chop early and abandon outdoors. Might move my op indoors in the near future depending on how things go. I will be resetting my mothers and holding on to them so I'll still have strains on hand as well as some beans. Probably take a month break just to get things together and to see where I'm at with today's new development. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412055059.367151.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412055067.667684.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412055075.684942.jpg
    She had a lot more moisture than I wanted, but I'm sure it'll be fine regardless. The Blue Cheese will be dryer, and I'll be chopping down the rest of the black berry and black diamond still left. On my way to clearing em all out unfortunately. All the popcorn will be used for edibles/oil. At least nothing will be wasted.

I'll get some pics of the Blue Cheese tomorrow when I'm chopping.

•• Chicago Original ••

7. Sweet very sweet...

You are freaking rocking that balcony!

Remember...  count to 10!

http://youtu.be/trinU3VD1Zo

8. What happened that you had to abandon the outdoor? Hope thing are ok

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412687883.998346.jpg
    This is everything hanging, black berry and black diamond on top with some chi kush on its left. Chi kush middle rack and blue cheese bottom rack.

Would've easily gotten .25 lb off the chi kush but fell short after losing both of the main colas to mold, thinking an easy ounce maybe ounce and half just from those two. Literally a quarter or more off my total, so I know she's a great yielder if anything, crazy density. I'm excited to see how her seeds do next year. She was the only one I lost bud too cause of mold. There were a lot of things that could have been the cause, all of which I'm working on my own techniques to help prevent these issues from recurring. I'm also curious as to how she smokes, tastes and her potency. Depending on all that, she might just get scrapped in a month or two.

Chopping the herijuana I got left today. She still got about a week or two left on her, but I can't gamble and risk leaving her out. So I'll get some pics of that up later on.

Mr.S I have to abandon outdoors simply for the extra pressure I'm feeling from the neighbors. For some reason I've been painted the target now, and for the most part anything that's bad or wrong gets blamed on me. Best way to avoid this is to move indoors. Because of the smell complaints, in planning to only keep mothers. And if possible maybe flower out one or two girls at a time running a carbon filter to scrub the air. Unfortunately for me, half my neighbors are military. I thought I got away from having "big brother" looking over my shoulder, but who am I kidding. Our game is just that and always has been regardless of legislature or location. From now on I'm playing and following the rules down to the T. For now I'm down to a low crawl, but I'll be up and running hopefully sooner than later.

I was able to get the dried meds weighted, hit a QP with the blue cheese, 82 g for the chi kush. The BDK still had close to zip left on the second harvest, BBK had about a quarter zip. I should be getting a decent amount of hash from the trim and some really nice oil from the popcorn. Over all for the first run out here on a limited budget and supplies worked out well enough for me that I can't complain. I'll get pics up later, peace.

•• Chicago Original ••

10. Herijuana on rack
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412704920.675594.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412704934.760135.jpg

She smells amazing, very subtle and old school stank. She was the last of the flowering girls I had. I'm fighting off this little mite problem I'm currently facing. Today was the 2nd straight day of spraying Spinosad. Tomorrow will be third, followed by been oil treatment on the 4th and will repeat if needed. I've also incorporated neem and spinosad into the watering hoping to raise my plants SAR to help fight off any pests in the future. I will be getting some mosquito dunks and probably some neem meal to treat the soil the mothers are in prior throwing them indoors in the veg tent. Will be closing this thread after the ladies are done with their treatment. I'll be using this thread to update on the tent set up prior to having it up and running, starting a new thread when everything is said and done. I'll consider this my 2014 Op with the new thread focused on 2015. Peace everyone.

•• Chicago Original ••

11. i have just acquired the same herojuana genetics in a clone spark, and can't wait to run her out looks great bro!

12. Yea she's something else. I really like her bud structure, dense and tight nugs. I didn't get her to purple up this run, but I'm hoping to get there in future runs. My focus now is my indoor game, at least temporarily.

One really surprising strain is the GDP. Turned out to be some really potent and tasty smoke, was very surprised considering how she looked during flower. Didn't think I did a good job and was going to get sub par quality in the end. Turns out to be the best smoke I've had so far from the girls. With a proper dry and cure, I'm sure the blackberry is right behind it.

Herijuana coming off the rack either today or tomorrow. Humidity has held around 50 never dropping below, so it's been drying fairly slow. I've taken a new approach with trimming and have decided to leave more sugar leaf. I now do a messy hippy trim, thinking the extra leaf matter helps slow the dry down. So far it worked well with the GDP. Only problem is having two sittings of trimming opposed to one. But in terms of it drying and curing, it has definitely added extra days to the process, since the first run with the SLH there is definitely a big improvement with the GDP. Hoping to continue this, and not let laziness or any other reasons deter me from doing shit correctly. The stuff I set aside for hash making might have dried too quickly, but I'm not as concerned with that. The solid bud I can salvage from the early chops are what I'm focused on to practice this dry and cure technique.

The mothers are mite free today. Or at least I think so, I'll be spraying neem oil either today or tomorrow. I'm not sure if I should let the Spinosad continue to do its thing. After 3 straight days of spraying cap jacks dead bug juice I can say they are visibly gone. Not sure about eggs or little ones, but follow up with neem and watering with a neem oil mix should help finish out this treatment. I have decided to never mix my ladies with other plants. It's best to have a good amount of space between your vegetable garden and your medicinal garden. Honestly makes IPM that much easier, as pests are usually attracted to a certain type of plant first, getting a foothold there, eventually spreading to the rest of the garden. I found that no matter the IPM I had running, the cucumber plant just attracted everything and anything it wanted. The only ladybugs I found in the garden was patrolling that plant. So future recourse is just to separate em and to stay away from plants that attract pests and those that don't fight them off too well.

Mr.S sorry it's been dragging bro, haven't had lights to run these girls, ive been getting by just getting them enough light so they don't die on me. Waiting on that tent coming next week! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412861821.002117.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412861833.235497.jpg
    Blackberry is on the top tho! I'll be comfortable taking a cutting when the lights are set up so I know she can recoup without issues.

•• Chicago Original ••

13. #135 BrassNwood, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
      I've tried twice now to grow squash in the yard and it winds up so covered in powdery mildew it's not funny.. Shit is a magnet for bugs and molds.. No more..
      The recommended treatment for mites is 3 times 3 days apart.. Gives time for any eggs you missed to hatch out and the next generation to get grown a bit.. So it should take 9 days in all.. Whack em.. Wait 3 days them whack them again.. 3 more days and one last time..
      I really hate to trim.. I'm getting old and my hands cramp after a few hours of that shit.. I'm lazy so I keep dialing my dry down to the bare minimum motions to get it done and still crank out the smoothest smoke possible.. It's all about limiting exposure to outside air.. Trim that crap off right as soon as you take the branch off the plant.. It only gets tougher as things get dryer so clean well while all that crap is firm and standing tall for your scissors.. 
      Line time is usually very short a couple of days is all I need in the smoking hot dry garage.. Just to where the pop corns are feeling very stiff and the rest still feels just firm.. Off the lines and into the containers.. Anything that is halfway air snug and fits the load your sweating.. Lunch box to trash can and anything in between.. This is where it all happens.. The rotation in and out of the containers gradually dropping the moisture content of your product.. I'll put this method up against most anything short of a temp and humidity controlled drying room.. I'm repeatedly asked how I get such smooth smoke..
      Once a week or so has passed and I'm down in the mid 60s% I'll jar with a 62% Boveda pack and never touch it again until I crack the jar to smoke.. I've got some over a year old now done this way.. Tried leaving a semi shaggy line hang.. It's just to dry here for that to make any appreciable difference in slowing down the dry.. You have to get the plant under cover or dry in a 70% humidity room..
    The 777 of drying.. 7 days at 70 degs and 70% humidity rule.. No way in hell will the wife let me hang plants in the living room to dry...
      This harvest was much slower then last year so I never got overwhelmed and the ice chest did 90% of the work..

[​IMG]

2 layers with 6 bags total

14. mmMMmmmmmm  weed!

You still rolling?

15. Very very slowly, lol. Took cuttings a cpl days ago from the gdp and herijuana. Popped two seeds from the blackberry wonder haze cross, have them in some water now (can't see em in the picture below of the cuttings). Here's the ladies I have left, GDP, Herijuana and the Chi Kush.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414601726.907786.jpg

Lost the BDK, thinking it and the blackberry just died out naturally. It was stuck between veg and flower, and since I couldn't get it under stronger light (can't put plants OD, it slowly died out naturally. I know it's not the soil as the other containers are doing ok.

The cuttings I took will be used for my upcoming indoor trial run. Thinking of flowering out 2 ladies, maybe 4 depending on space availability.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414601622.559215.jpg

Also got hash caps made, used the 0 size, but tried one last night and it's strong enough for a single dose. Have maybe about 10 left to make today and I'm done with that til I do another hash run next WE. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414601594.589793.jpg

•• Chicago Original ••

16. Taking cutting during flower has always been problematic for me.

I feel it's a really confusing time in a plants life, with the veg and flowering hormones both coursing thru the plant.

Add on top of that, a need for rooting hormones.  So many of my cutts taken in flower just get stuck in one-finger leaves.

It's so disappointing that I'v given up trying to take cutts at that time.  Some folks swear by that technique.

I'm glad you are still keeping it green.  Talk at you later...

17. I agree with you on that, chances of rooting a flowering plant decreases greatly. I've had better luck with certain strains compared with others, so genetics also plays a role. The messed up part is that the black berry and black diamond went into flower. I was able to reveg them, or so I thought. Ended up failing on me, which I'm attributing to the lack of proper lighting. I've since changed things up a bit so I squeezed the 3 remaining ladies under the panel I do have.

Honestly can't wait til I get this loot in so I can order the much needed equipment already. Even if I budget out and just get the bare necessities, I can at least move forward with a new OP and hopefully get a harvest in before my lease ends.

On a better note more hash runs tomorrow. Hoping to pull as much if not more as I did last time.

•• Chicago Original ••

18. That is why I try and always take my cuttings from veg stage plants only.. Usually works but I missed on the last round with Northern Lights so I'm stuck trying to clone it half way through flower.. Took 6 good cuts and while 4 rooted well 2 are hung up and doing nada and the remaining 2 I didn't trim back the flowered top real severe like I should have and they will be messy topped little shits I'll have to be ruthless and trim the hell out of when they start to grow to try and have a semi normal plant.. Flowered cuttings suck if you ask me and should only be tried in desperation to save a strain you absolutely can't save any other way