First Socal Medical Grow, First Od, And First Organic In Beautiful Socal

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by sprkn1, May 13, 2014.

1. Welcome bake ... I mean back.... Lol lookin good!!!

2. #82 sprkn1, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    Thanks MrSilly. Its good to be back home especially seeing the girls again. Its amazing to see the change a week brings. Definitely excited over these ladies tho, for real turning out a lot better than I thought it would've. 

I added some bone meal to all the plants as a top dress, roughly about 2 or 3 tablespoons in each 5 gal smartie, that was worked into the top portion of the soil. Figured since i'm recycling the soil, i'll be able to give it a little boost now to help the ladies out while its going through flowering. 

So far I have a Blackberry, Black Diamond, Herijuana and GDP that I can throw outside into flowering as soon as I chop 4 down. The 2 CK clones I took also threw out roots, going to be growing these two out, one that'll become a mother, the other i'll hopefully be able to get out and finish flowering before I move. Trying to maximize potential as much as possible.

spraying BT as soon as the sun goes down. going to make sure these caterpillars never get a foothold.

3. Your workin it hard considering the amount of room you have to work with. Stay up with the spraying. I must say I was concerned that your pet has been chomping on a BT sprayed leaf with no consequences. Maybe Spinosad is the way to go....

4. Oh I'm going with both. Ain't taking any chances Mr.S. I do know that since I've gotten on my IPM I haven't had to worry much about pests. Damage has been minimal, and I'm seeing good results from it all.

Had this brilliant idea of having a bucket solely for the purpose of making seeds. So here's the orgy bucket, wonder haze male in the middle, GDP, Herijuana, Chicago Kush, Black Diamond and Black Berry Kush surrounding him. Going to be under the same light schedule and has been. So everyone should keep on vegging. In a month or so I'll switch em over to flower that way I'll have seeds ready to pop for outdoors next year. It's going to be a crazy mix too, so I'm hoping this works.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407902649.408682.jpg

•• Chicago Original ••
    -CA Prop215 & SB420 compliant-

SparknOne's NorthCounty SD OD Organic Grow

SparkNOne's Tactically Required Knowledge

5. I've already checked you out. Very nice lookin grow. Shit I'm already excited about indoor and just started flowering outdoor. Lol I have like 20 different beans to choose from so I'm excited. Thinking about running my tangilope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Thanks boss, I'm hoping to even get to 65 gal maybe 100 for next year. I definitely can't wait to get some beans in. This little breeding project I just kicked up should produce some crazy mixes, really interested in how things turn out. I like the consistency of mothers and clones, but beans are like little surprises. The kush bagseed I started out with turned out to be one of the best plants I have out in the garden now.

I'm waiting for the funds, but by the end of the month I'll have my tent in. Hopefully by September I can get another led panel up. Using a 45w for the cuttings now. I need a 200w or 300w to cover a larger area and to use for the mothers and vegging. I'm hoping to get this indoor veg/outdoor flower going. Hoping to get it down on point so when I move to a bigger space, I'll have an efficient system setup to start right away growing a 6'-7' monster. It's dope cause my lease ends in Feb. Can be in a new place in March with plants in veg to put out at 2' in May. At least that's the plan I have in mind for now.

•• Chicago Original ••

7. #88 sprkn1, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    ok so i figured ima be doing weekly video updates, beginning of the week. I think its a good way for me to get this journal updated in another way as opposed to just pictures and descriptions. try to post one at the beginning of the week til these ladies are all done and I figure out and settle on the next moves for the next op before lease ends.

hope you guys enjoy, peace

http://youtu.be/Do8ZxMrVVaM

8. Looking good senor!

9. Right on bro...  

I'm just sitting, spinning, turning and grinning.  lol.

http://youtu.be/imWnuirIL8o

10. . Love the talking HDZ bro... This video brings back some memories dude...

11. Mr.D.B. true genius IMO!

12. #94 sprkn1, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
    Chopped the male today. Was getting me a little worried having him in the kitchen. Easy to get pollen on my clothes and take it outside to the garden when I'm working on the plants. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408654804.615994.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408654817.681270.jpg and the remnants are ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408654837.333169.jpg

Figured I'd use the old branches dry em out and use em as part of my trellis for the tomatoes and cucumber. Can even use em with the cages so they'll be useful once they've dried and hardened.

SLH
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408655109.006290.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408655841.954266.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408655968.545449.jpg

Cheese
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408655150.576123.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408655872.804603.jpg

Chicago Kush
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408655272.719812.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408655995.181028.jpg

GDP
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408655321.057287.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408656085.023300.jpg

Black Diamond OG Kush
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408655389.379617.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408656131.344642.jpg

Blackberry Kush
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408655469.820218.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408656184.530522.jpg

Herijuana
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408655498.088964.jpg

Been steady picking off the tomatoes. Nice that top growth is still going. Will chop the top after the bottom revegs to start it up all over again. Should be good for another harvest. I've heard of tomatoes kicking fruit year round so I'll try with that. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408655599.114208.jpg
    Cucumbers attract plenty of bees which is good to help pollenate my garden. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408655653.685514.jpg

SLH still on schedule to go down around first to mid sept. And the rest following suite around the oct month unless these kush finish out faster than I think. Ladies looking frostier by the day. Sprayed spinosad on everyone earlier this morning. Going to get GC in this afternoon. This is officially the last IPM treatment for the SLH in case she finished sooner than expected.

Everyone else I'll probably stop after next week or the week after that. With the Herijuana of course getting it's IPM treatment til she's a lot further into flower.

Amended the soil in the freed up #5 smartie the wonder haze male was previously in. Bone meal and molded semi composted fungal coffee grounds. Will get chicken guano at lowes or HD later today to add to it. Planning to run another Chicago Kush and either the black diamond or the black berry. Also have to get blood meal and alfalfa meal when I get a chance. Probably some kelp meal as well. Getting excited to do a water only container and most likely sticking to that. These weekly feelings are a bitch to get done sometimes. Better to let nature handle it's own like she always does.

•• Chicago Original ••

13. Thanks brass. I'll definitely hit up lowes as I gots 10% military discount still :). There's a feed store about 10 miles out in another town. Going to hit it up next week to see if I can find it there by the sack for cheap. I've seen the lime and Epsom salts in lowes as well. Going to keep it very simple for now. I've read a lot of super soil recipes and it ranges from super complex to very simple. Think I'll go the simpler route (cheaper as well). It's worked well for plenty of people and worked back when I lived in the islands for as long as I can remember being taught. It was really cool to visit Chicago too. My next door neighbor over there is this old 70+ year old gardener from back in the Philippines. Learned a lot from talking to him.

---------

Kind of a hack job. But I now have a 10x7x5x3 loupe that I can use. Took apart the kit and put em together with the spacing between the lenses it's almost perfect. At the very least getting 150-200x on it if not more. Cost me less than $3 from harbor freight. Gots to love getting creative, all started from trimming the loupe down so enough light got in. Then figured why not add the lenses together while I was at it and see if I could get em to stay together and fit snugly. Decent job if I do say so myself. Just need a little supper glue now to seal it all in and prevent fogging.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408670380.640238.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408670390.559313.jpg

•• Chicago Original ••

14. #97 sprkn1, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
    Edit: got some pollen from the wonder haze cut I had on the counter. Took some dust left on the credit card I was using to scrap it off the paper and wiped it off some bottom canopy nugs on the Herijuana. Coupled with some of the seeds I'll get from the other ladies by accidental pollination I should have some decent beans for next year.

Updated in SoCal but not here. Figured I'd catch it up some before tomorrow. Gave the SLH a trim up to get some air in. Saw a little black mold on some stems. Might do as SF suggested and put a fan outside. Pics are from yesterday.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408923211.821179.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408923418.720555.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408923444.054103.jpg

Got a great deal at HF today. Went to exchange my garden sprayer for a new one as the pump was acting a little funky. Picked up a 2gal and exchanged for the same price. Couldn't be happier. Makes watering the girls that much easier.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408923645.021163.jpg

Smoked some under canopy barely buds mostly sugar leaf from last week after cleaning her up some. Gots to say even just for mostly leaf and no cure it tasted pretty good. Got a small nug that accidentally got torn off when I was trimming. Got it trimmed and hang drying now. Figured that'll give me a better sample of the heady high. Might chop a small nug or two a little earlier than the rest just so I have my own little stash of some heavy cerebral hitting meds aside considering it leaned towards bthe indica pheno, the high is probably a little more body heavy although it still does have that haze genetics in the mix so who knows. The nugs are definitely a little bit more thicker and denser than the ones I've seen and picked up at shops before. So there should be some noticeable differences from previous experiences with the strain.

With a preview of the taste, with a good cure this could potentially be some top shelf PR quality meds. It'd be a pretty nice start to my first grow out west. With this in mind, I can't wait til I chop the GDP and other ladies I got. Especially the other ladies. GDP coming down in probably 2-3 weeks. A week or so after the SLH. Going to be mad stinky around the spot for the next couple months to say the least lol. With the number of plants I'm running, I'll be doing mason jars for now. Then probably go with the larger tote containers in the near future when I'm dealing with larger plants and more weight per plant along with storage being an issue, jars are the best alternative for me right now as I don't have the space for a tote type of container.

Should have a video update tomorrow done in the morning and loaded up before the night. Peace.

•• Chicago Original ••

15. SLH showing lots of decent enough amber for me to throw her in the closet tonight to get her 36hr dark period started. Container still a little heavy with water, hoping it'll dry out in the closet enough. Til it hits the chopping block on Friday. If not might wait til the weekend to chop her down. Here she is, a before and will get some after shots when comes out.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409100388.288557.jpg

Even the little nugs are looking nice.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409100414.440137.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409100482.762554.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409100495.030319.jpg

•• Chicago Original ••

16. #100 sprkn1, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    Took the SLH out of its dark period earlier today and trimmed, chopped, manicured and hung out to dry.
    http://youtu.be/wZomH_9egCo
    Definitely saw an improvement during the 36 hr period. Its hard to say which factors had more of an influence, whether or not the dark period was relevant or it was just time elapsing. Smell was amazing to say the least, nice lemony skunk just hanging heavy in the air. Cant help but take deep breaths, to appreciate and enjoy the aromas of a fresh chop. Damn takes me back them years to when I first started. Happy to say i'm where I'm at now, even if it ain't easy, still got a lot to be thankful for. Now got to take things slow and keep the drying slow, want to take my time with the dry and cure, achieve that connoisseur level shit i'm looking for nothing else will do.