Any Difference Between 1 Week Veg And 12/12 From Seed?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Blimmer, May 12, 2014.

1. I was thinking that if you start from 12/12 the plant has to do some veg growth before it can flower so would a one week veg periiod actually make any difference yield and size wise? Also what are your average yields for 12/12 from seed and 1 week veg respectively?

Cheers

2. you are going to want more than 1 week veg. veg is when the plant gets its size and grows into maturity and readys itself to pack on buds, 12/12 right away will yield probably a ,5-1g  in my opinion.

3. Thx for your reply but I have seen 15 - 25g from going straight to 12/12. I understand the yield will be less im just interested to know if the 1 week veg bears any dividend over just going straight 12/12

4. Even doing 12/12 from hatch the plant will still veg for 3-4 weeks until its mature enough to flower. During these weeks it would make sense to have them on 18/6 - 24/0 for more growth. 24/0 is double the light so growth has to be better  although I haven't done any experimenting myself. 

If you are looking to keep them small then an auto might be well suited to you because you can run them on 24/0 when flowering and get a very good yield for their size