California Light Works Or Mars 2

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by tru1212, May 12, 2014.

1. Wus up people I have been looking into leds. Anyone have any input I have 2 in my mind the solar flare 22 from clw or the mars 2 . Help would be appreciated especially if you own either or.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Got the mars 2 900. What you need to know?

3. 3.5x3.5 space best lighting for it. Do you recommend led ? Are the flowers denser quality? What should I use for my space if I wanted a led?

4. also spectrums does it matter? Common sense says yes. Just a lot of bs on the Internet l. Wanted to hear from a person who owns 1.

5. I can tell you from the very little experience I have. This is my first grow so to compare it with anything else I can't. I can tell you that spectrum as far as my research has showed me, is very important. As far as a 3.5x3.5 space. In my opinion. The mars 900 is what you would do. I can't say anything about the clw light since I've had no experience with it. But I do know that is an established light company so I'm betting it works too. Just very high prices in my opinion. But I'm sure their warranty and support are up to par with price. And quality is probably going to be good too. I will say that the mars quality is good and they have good support when needed. I haven't had anything go bad so I say it all depends on your budget. LEDs grow your plants very tight. But I'm not done with my first grow to compare to anything else. My current grow I have a combo of lights. I have a mars2 900 and a 200w induction lamp and 4 23w cfls. I will be replacing the 4 cfls with 23w self ballasted induction bulbs when they arrive. Just purchased them. I run the induction 20/4 and the LED 18/6. With my first plant I felt as though It was growing too bushy so I decided to see if this would remedy the problem. I'm running autos so it is probably best to have your set up suit you own needs.

6. Thanks . Do you have a journal I can sub up? I would like to see the results even though I have not done auto s before. Ty.

7. Sounds good

8. From the heat cooling system and led chips brand , California Light Works is your better choice . Check out its heat cooling system and famous led chip brand . For LED grow lights , heat sink (Its cooling system )is very important, then the led chips are also important .
    It cann't be proved in short time , but after several months , you will know . 

9. I'm currently doing a journal on the California Light Works ss440w although i'm not even a week in. From my experience this light kicks ass. I've done a lot of research on the Mars ll and if I got another light it would be between that one and the Budmasters. Check it out. 

10. Yep have California light works 220watt. Pricey but way worth it.

11. #12 CanadianOrganic, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
    I have no first hand experience but I'd look at it this way, for the 220 it's $519 - it's actual power draw is 165w. You can get a mars 2 1200 or even 1600 for that price. I don't care if the solar storm is 50% more efficient (which is impossible, I'd bet they are made with the same Chinese parts), that's still 240w compared to ~450-600w actual draw (not sure what the specific numbers for the 1200 and 1600). I'd say go with Mars 2. Can't go wrong with a 3 year warranty plus all the blades who use their lights

12. I had a 700w mars II in a 80x80cm tent and got great results, loved it. Gave it to a friend when I went travelling and still regret it, using a HID now because of the low purchase cost. As far as I know the unit is still going strong, no problems...