Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cbd Oil For My Parents?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Gabriel12, May 12, 2014.

1. #1 Gabriel12, May 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
    So my father suffers from chronic back pain. Ruptured disk bulging disk all that shit you name it. He's been stuck on pain medication and has become addicted to them. He's trying to get off the prescriptions but it's been hard for him because without it some days he can't even move or get out of bed. It's messed with his head too. My mother has rheumatoid arthritis and there's days her whole body aches and can barely move her arms or wrist. She just swells up and lays on the couch in pain for a couple days. I was looking into cbd e liquid oil and a vaporizer pen for them. My question is will this help them? I want my dad off these meds. It's changed my dad and my mother is just sick of it now. And I want my mom to not have to worry every night if she'll be able to function the next day. It's even more important because she takes care of my special needs sister who is pretty much a 23 year old infant and needs to be able to take care of her. I know it's very low in thc but will it get them high or a little buzz? My mom smoked once when she was a teen and my dad I'm sure blazed every day as a teen. Assuming since it's low enough in thc to sell legally it won't effect them too bad but I want to make sure before I buy this stuff. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 Galaxy420, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    not sure what you are looking to buy but you do want some thc mixed to the cbd. just alone neither work well, they need to be together as nature intended by the way it grows together in the make up of the plant. if you need to -get the oil and then some dried herb to vaporize as well. even just vaporizing a high cbd will be instant relief. do you have access to cannabis? I could see the looks on their faces now after pulling on the vaporizer, instant relief

3. If you are referRing to hemp based CBD oil, searchmy previous threads for more info. Basically you cannot expect the results given from cannabis based anecdotal and evidence/research benefits, with hemp CBD. Partially why it's (hemp CBD) legal in fifty states. The cannabinoids sourced from cannabis are a "drug."
    Plus the hemp CBD oil is void of the important synergistic terpenoids and other compounds.

The best effective medicine is from cannabis. Look for high CBD but with THC still present. The CBD will offset the high side effect of THC. THC is very important therapeutically and medicinally especially for pain. But perhaps a ratio of at least 1:1 CBD: THC if not higher CBD would subside the euphorics.

Remember too that the high, the urge to lay down and relax or sleep can bevery beneficial. Sleep and rest are one of the most important aspects of healing.

So when serious healing is needed... Sometimes you want that high potency.