Stoned Biking

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by 420boxing, May 11, 2014.

1. Well, the grasp of winter is finally letting up. February here in central Ohio was the coldest month we've had since record keeping began. Needless to say, were more than happy for the spring. Temperatures are supposed to be in the low 50s this week. Its about time for me to get the bike out of the basement and put a new tire on the back. Each spring I try to upgrade my bike with new parts. This year I want to switch from 7th to 8th speed and I'm considering getting tubeless tires. I'm going to spend at least 100 on new tires too. I've still gotta post a pic of how the bike looks now.

Anyway, for this summer me and my friend that I always bike and smoke with are planning on doing the Ohio to Erie trail. Basically it's a trail that starts in the southwestern part of Ohio in Cincinnati along the Ohio river, runs through Columbus and goes up to Cleveland along lake Erie. Its aboit 335 miles in total but I believe only about 265 or so has been completed with the rest to be done in the next few years.

Also I've got a new girlfriend and she's into biking. But it's different than the biking we do here in Ohio because she's from Durango Colorado and there are a ton of mountain biking trails wheras in Ohio its mostly road trails and not many mountain bike trails. I don't think she's ridden a road bike before. She says "but can't I just ride a mountain bike on the trails" I chuckled at her and said no hun road bikes will get us around quicker. So my mission now is to get her a woman's road bike and build it up like I did to mine. Boy is it going to be a fun summer. All I've gotta do now is to get a second job so we can have a lot of fun going everywhere. Happy stoned biking, friends.

2. Oh how much I enjoy the stoned cycling adventures! Although I'm injured right now, I hope by the summer, I'll be able to get back on the bike and cruise around the beach. To be summer in Socal and not be able to ride a bike, is a very sad proposition.

The only caveat with stoned riding is that, when I'm bombing a particularly huge hill, it's always in the back of my mind that my front wheel will just give out for some reason and I'm gonna face plant. Its never happened in my 29 years on this earth but for some reason I always thinks its gonna happen. Regardless of the level of stonedness I'm at lol.

Ordered it

Ghost SE 4000

Can't wait

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425858734.822704.jpg

I have a hard time riding when I'm high though, I get exhausted so fast

[​IMG]

5. there has never been a time when I didn't have a bike, riding a giant right now. man, I love it.

6. Yip yip, here's this thread popping up again along with spring!  :hello:

Trails are fiiine in the North right now, dusty, wheels whirring, sun beaming, bud flowing. Gotta love it. 

7. Seriously lol... 

I checked out the "Great Outdoors"  forum for the first time to see if there any elevated cyclists out there and this is the first post on the page.  

I have three very large connecting parks in my backyard that circle around a large lake.  One of those that curves for miles and miles so there are tons of on, and off road trails out there.  I can literally ride out of my front door and be engulfed in nature within seconds.   

While I mostly mountain bike,  I picked up this baby over the weekend and it flies.  Carbon frame.  Rewrapping the handlebars black today.
    [​IMG]

8. I enjoy it but the seat on my bike sucks....i need to invest in a better one.

9. I was just thinking this today! I ride my mountain bike to work and I ride it hard as shit and baked.

10. I don't bike as much now because I have a dog, so I prefer him to be with me when I'm outdoors. However, I used to be into mountain biking. Other than running into a fucking tree, I loved stoned biking. It was amazing! 

11. Even though I'm "high" all the time, I prefer having a little more before a bike ride. Gives the outdoors that nice aura and makes the ride more comfortable on my joints and muscles.

That probably has more to do with the fact that, judging by the position of your saddle, that frame is several sizes too large for you.

13. Been riding for 14 years, just being high and doing any form of physical exercise wears me out.

But you are correct, the frame is too large. It's just one of my many bicycles though (9 other bikes).

[​IMG]

14. well this year was interesting as far as biking goes. The downtown Jimmy Johns in my city use bicycles for delivery. I started working for one in August and it took my cycling life to that point to another level. Being able to interact with other cyclists and seeing the different bikes was cool and informative. I learned a lot by seeing the different set ups. Everyone that worked there was a stoner and we used to blaze everyday after getting off. We'd get in around 10:30 in the morning and most if us would leave around 2:30- 4 after the lunch rush. Using my bike to make money changed my outlook in biking
    It became more competitive and practical. I also began learning how to fix different parts of the bike.
    I promised to post a pic of my bike after the original frame was damaged in a collision. The first pick is what the bike looked like after I replaced the frame and crankset. The last one is what it looks like today

Attached Files:

15. I bike everyday. I get high everyday.

Id say there's not a better combo. It helps me draw better lines