Junior Mods

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by 4shotmark, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 4shotmark, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
    I think that we should implement a Junior Mod system, that allows the Mods in Training to simply close and move threads. I am not saying that the moderating staff does not do an excellent job- I know that it is very thin spread right now and that this is a very large forum.

That being said I think that there are some very qualified Blades who could take on these roles, and as I sit here and look at these crazy Indian spam threads pop up every minute, I really think we could use the help. 

The Sub-Mods or whatever wouldn't even need to have full privilege, I just think that it would be advantageous to have some trust worthy users with the ability to close spam threads and such as well as move and merge the repeats. Kids will never search, lol.

Thanks for reading, and I'd love to further discuss the topic and hear other user's opinions as well.

2. It is not easy as you think and it is not something we will implement.
    We already have different level of moderation. Whenever you talk about moderation , they need to be within the team as they need to follow standarts. Otherwise things can turn into chaotic situation extremely easy

3. I like your idea,but at the end of the day admin pays the bills,so the decision is theirs.

It is not about paying the bills . We, humanity, are extremely sensitive and we can find zillions of reasons to have useless arguements. If we implement a feature like that , then it will seriously cause lots of issues.

However what i am planning is an improvement system. Trusted members will be able to mark a thread , post as a spam. If that post reaches number of defined spam mark by members , it will be auto updated to be moderated. Though this system will be live with the new version we are planning to roll in 9-12 months.

5. I personally think that implementing the feature to the right members would solve this issue.

IMO, that's a terrible idea and mentality, but thanks for actually reading my thread and giving me a response.

Thanks, and again I think we have a great staff. Maybe just not great decisions.

6. they tried Jr Mods a few years ago and it failed from what i remember.
    i doubt they will try the same thing twice.

7. If it first you don't succeed, try, try again.

i'm more of a "don't make the same mistake twice" kinda guy :p

9. You wouldn't support Old School members like yourself to have a simple ability to close, merge, and move threads?

Rather than implementing a much much more complex system that involves certain trusted members having to fill a quota to get full moderators attention?

Pah.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. You can help by just reporting any spam or troll threads.

11. only if i'm aloud to be one too

12. nesw can moderate me anyday.

For real though, if it worked it could be cool, but they'd have to be very selective with who they chose and I can see people getting butt hurt if they weren't chosen easily. 

13. Just found out that they already implementing this paid reporter system.

Paid.

When we have plenty of trustworthy people who would gladly bring rejuvenation and life to this complacent and thinly spread moderating team for free.

And we still don't have a damn concentrates forum...

14. I remember junior mods from chat rooms back in the day..when you could make your own room but nobody would go in it...if you had the power to kick and ban ppl you were the shit lol

15. No one really has to get butt hurt about it. We all know who the non-problematic Old School posters are that would fill the job.

Unfortunately, we already received a definitive no to this topic and they have already begun selecting members for Lizard King's paid reporter idea.

At least they read my thread.

Please don't get me wrong , we will never deny any good written article, news on our new planned system. We are building this as a paid system in start so that we can have fresh daily quality content to our users. Also we are trying to give back to our community for their support they showed all these years. 

Dude, try to be a bit more positive and instead of looking for flaws please focus on the good things. 

17. [​IMG]I'll be yer' janitor

18. I hereby nominate myself. Behead all naysayers.

19. #19 4shotmark, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    I love this forum. I really do.

These are just decisions I don't agree with and I'm not gonna lie about how I feel. I personally feel that this system will be a waste of those contributors money and one of the many reasons I won't pay to upgrade.

Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate that I could at least get clarity on the new system.

Good choices so far on the reporters. Answer121 should be a paid reporter.

Paid reporter system? Never heard of that can you elaborate?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.