Please Look At This Leaf I Need Quick Help Please

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by joeynoodles, May 10, 2014.

1. My plants were doing fine up until 3 days ago I noticed brown and yellow spots. I was running my nutes at 800 ppm so I lowered it 2 days ago to 500ppm. I showed the pics to some other growers and they said it looked like a Calcium Deficency. So yesterday I did another full water change and added 200PPM of Cal-Mag and brought my PPMs up to 850 with nutes... 

Today I woke up and it looks a little worse. I dont know if it is from the old nutes or from my new water mixture.. Should I wait another day and see what happens tomorrow? Or flush my pots and run ph ballanced ro water for a couple of days then introduce the nutes again at 1/4 strength?

\nHere's My Setup Info..
    What is your experience level? Novice. 
    What type of hydro set-up are you running? DWC 
    Your Equipment: 
    A) Type and wattage of lights. 1000w MH
    B) Distance from tops? 30"
    C) Reflector type? N/A
    D) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and scheduleHortilux MH
    E) Is there a consistent fresh air supply? yes
    F) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan? 2 Fans inside tent and the tent exhausts every 45 mins for 15 mins.
    G) Size of reservoir? 5 gallon buckets 
    H) What medium if applicable.  1/2 Coco 1/2 Pertilite Clay balls on top of medium
    Your nutrients and water: Advanced Nutes Hobbiyist bundle for Coco. http://www.advancedn...information.php
    I) If using rockwoll for clones or seedlings, did you rinse the cubes well, with properly ph'd water? N/A 
    J) Source of water. (tap or filtered) What's it's ph? R.O Filtered water-009 PPM  (Ph is always 5.4 becauseAdvanced Nutrients are PH Balanced)
    K) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. List dosages (quantity per gallon) and current feeding schedule--- See H) Above
    L) What is the ec/ppm of your unadjusted tap (or filtered) water? 9
    M) What is the ec/ppm of your nutrient solution? Now 500
    N) What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? ~71 degrees
    O) Does your ec/ppm show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? About 15-25 ppm/day in week 3 of veg
    P) Does the ph fluctuate? Nope
    Q) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you
    spray? (Just after lights come on, just before they go out...) Whenever the leaves feel dry.2-3 times a day. 
    R) How often do you replace reservoir water/nutes?  1 X a Week
    What does it look like before changes? (clear, foamy, green, brown...) Brownish - Same color as when I put it in..

Your growroom: 
    S) What size of closet, room or hut? 6.5 X 6.5 X 6.5 Tent
    T) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off? 75-76 with the lights on 70 off
    U) Have you seen signs of insects in the growroom? Nope- I checked with a Loop
    V) Are the roots long and white, or brown and slimy? Long and White
    Your strain: 
    W) What strain are you growing? (Indica dominate or Sativa dom?) Jack Herrer(Sativa) and Afgooey(Indica Dominant)
    X) From seeds or clones? Clones
    Y) Is this an autoflower strain? no
    \n\nThe first two pictures are from yesterday and the second 2 are from today.
    \nPLEASE HELP before this goes downhill even more!
    \nThanks in advance!
    \n\n

Attached Files:

• p3.jpg
      p3.jpg
      File size:
      567.3 KB
      Views:
    • p4.jpg
      p4.jpg
      File size:
      762.6 KB
      Views:
    • pp.jpg
      pp.jpg
      File size:
      631.8 KB
      Views:
    • p.jpg
      p.jpg
      File size:
      631 KB
      Views:
  2. I dont grow Hydro, but that looks like a common calcium def. From what I understand about hydro, its a very common problem, but not a big one. I would wait a bit longer to see how they respond before going with plain RO water. Dont focus much on the affected leaves. Focus on how the new growth responds. As long as PH is dialed in id go with calcium def.

3. Any Possibility of Nute Lockout?

4. I grow hydro and would say cal too.

Ph 5.8 works best in hydro in order for your plants to take up all nutes, if youre not at 5.8 you wont get cal, I found this to be true.

[​IMG]

5. Id go with what p42082 said. Like I said I dont deal with hydro, but have a pretty good understanding of most growing methods. I saw yours is at 5.4. It is a bit low. Try raising it a bit and see if that helps. The PH stayed the same at 5.4 when you added the Cal/Mag?

I would do what you do mixing water with nutes, letting it sit for a bit then PH adjust to 5.8 and see how it goes from there. Depending on what your nutes have in them you may not need the cal mag source and it may just be locked out with the slightly low PH. If the nutes dont include a calcium source, then you probably will need cal/mag because RO water wont have any to give.

6. I just tried to balance my ph and it stayed the same. Im using PH Perfect Nutes from Advanced Nutrients. The PH stays at 5.5-5.6 no matter what you add. This is a top brand nute that was made for Cannabis so im sure the PH is OK )This is one of there best selling nutes) . I just added the cal mag to be sure because Im using ro water. Should I wait another day or so? I also foliar fed them some lime,, This pic is the closest i found to my plant leaf http://www.growweedeasy.com/calcium-deficiency-cannabis it also explains the Lime..

Should I cut off the dead leaves? What should i do if this does not work? will the leaves come back to life?

Thanks everyone!

7. Use less nutes so the ph dont drop below 5.8, the more nutes you are using the more the ph will drop, so just use a little less.

8. #8 henry1234, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    BFF

Attached Files:

9. Need help on how to fix the yellow leaves cheers

10. smoke some on her. she needs to get high

11. @[member="henry"], yellowing leaves are usually either one of two things. Most likely nitrogen deficiency,or overfeeding. A plant that size shouldn't need any nutes,so if you have been just giving her plain water id add just a minuscule amount feed and ride it out for a day or two,if you are already giving her nutes id flush it out and hope for the best,what soil mix are you using?because many brands of regular garden composts are pre loaded with nutes and young seedlings can't cope and get nute lock. Best of luck.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Nice one I was giving it nutrience so I should flush it and just give it water for a week or so.

13. #13 nugz420, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
    @ henry flush the shit out of it and only feed it water till it tells you you need to feed it.Depending on your dirt and the size of that smart pot,you might not have to give it anything but water during veg.

14. Cheers bro how will I know if It's been properly flushed after watering it.

15. Well i see what i think is some perlite in the pics there Henry so your soil should be draining well,so id recommend a gallon water for gallon soil flush,(use a calculator to know how much water you need for your pot size)some might disagree but its never failed me.If the soil has good drainage about 80% will come out the bottom of the pot anyways so your plant won't drown and you'll get a good clean flush.
    Sent from my GT-I9070 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Nice one for the help people

17. It does not matter how much nutes I use, The Ph stays the same...

18. I dont get that, i will see what i can find online.

19. I dont get why your tap water ph dont change when you add nutrients.
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Marijuana_Cultivation/Fundamentals/Nutrient_Selection_and_Maintenance

http://www.growery.org/3072/Managing-PH-with-your-Cannabis-grow

20. Because it has some type of buffer in it...  I can add strait PH UP and it will not change... Wierd shit!

Anyways....

I just looked today and matters are getting worse, there are spots everywhere. It looks like the new growth is fine though except for a couple spots.. 

I also have 3 plants that are not affected at all........

What should I do now? Let it ride for another day?

Or take the plants that are affected and run RO for a day then start back at 1/4 nutes with no cal mag???

HELP!!