Minnesota House Passes Mmj Bill

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Philosiraptor, May 10, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

Unless i'm missing something,Christie has vowed to stonewall any progress with MMJ.

This guy thinks medical marijuana is a farce...NJ won't be changing shit until Christie gets out of office.

2. Mmj in nj will consist of cbd oil only for children. He came out and said it. But hey. It's a step right. Lol

3. It's complete garbage...

He fucked up because he was creating bad press by not showing compassion for children in need. Before then he was damn near saying "Oh well,I don't believe in cannabis helping your sick children,seek other legal means".

Fuck that cocky prick.

4. And you will notice that these will be CBD ONLY strains. If the doctors supervision part has been eliminated,eh, fine. Doesn't change the fact that it will still be a prescribed dosage of a CBD particular strain available only through an approved facility.
    Meaning, you go over your prescribed amount, you are abusing your prescription and you face possible expulsion from your program.

5. I have not found the language in the bill stating CBD only strains.  I will look again but in the meantime if you have a link...  I do think the program will be modified quite a bit as the rule-making process goes forward.

6. #46 SassyMelassy, May 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
    The bill means jack shit to me. It is almost laughable. Barely a pacification.

7. No, no links. Neither of the 2 bills have been chosen either. Once they choose the one they feel is more fitting, ammendments will be made before finalization.
    Its true, there IS a CBD stampede. Its not just in Minnesotas' bill, but in many other states as well. Many of the southern states such as Alabama, Georgia, Texas, to name a few, are lining up for the big rush. Hell, even the state I live in has a flip-flopping Governor who also decided to junp on the bandwagon, especially considering he's up for re-election.
    Like i said, no links, just the writing on the wall.

8. https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/text.php?number=SF2470&version=0&session=ls88&session_year=2014&session_number=0&type=ccr

This is the agreement worked out in Committee that the Governor said he will sign. 

They left it totally open-ended of course in the language to allow them to do whatever the hell they want to:

Isn't that a bitch they're suddenly going to consult all the known medical studies when it wasn't considered having any medical benefit and is still in Schedule I.

We're living under fascism. They just do whatever they want to now.

10. Lol, NOW??!! Its bussiness as usual. Give the people what they want, as long as its still the way WE want them to have it.

11. The "new" tactic they (MPP) used in this state was...."The Children." They brought in families which supposedly DEMANDED this version of legislation for their epileptic children. Sadly, families with kids that would benefit probably won't under this bill.

12. exact same thing in the state i currently reside. 3-4 times a week, the local stations played this up. Governor did his usual flip-flop, just as the states elections arr starting to really heat up.
    Ah, the game of politics....

13. Yep. The playbook appears to be pretty set and predictable. Has been for some time. We're just spectators at this point.

14. That must make it ok then, right?

Because oil, banker and pharmaceutical cartels now want to lock up cannabis -they're just doing what they do - we shouldn't be concerned about protecting our rightful access?

Two wrongs have never made it right.

Perhaps if you had a condition that required mmj and lived in MN you'd be concerned about this. Although i don't live there... Having battled cancer myself i stand up for the rights of others. They need access to the plant God dammit! Funneling through doctors and pharmaceuticals is the wrong direction and anyone Who has actually NEEDED this medicine will tell you how much better and cost effective it is to get whole plant access (raw) from local caregivers or to grow your own.

Partly because these same people have already HAD to deal with pharmaceutical drugs, expensive meds and excessive doctor visits etc.

The people who know the difference and actively stand up for patient rights are up in arms about this bill. Others.... Just don't seem to understand what the problem is.

It's progress, right? And special interests will run the world forever so we should let them trample our rights.. Correct?

15. This bill is humorous.. So much for people with PTSD and Panic DIsorders.. which i have, and much more things it could be utilized for, that other people could use. What a joke

16. #56 well highdrated, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014

who said it's ok? you base your entire argument on your predisposition that you think, *i think* that all of those things you've listed are "just fine".

they are not. i am well aware of that. but what's the point in bring up "the funnel" (as my floating buddy does) in every damn thread over and over. it's like every person here is still in kindergarten. 

also, note, i never once said that i support this bill in any way. the only thing i said that vaping oil extracts or ingesting oil is not necessarily a horrible option *in general* ... you've seen the RSO documentary right?

anyways, to address your point specifically we can put a little effort to improve the situation. not just come here, and scream "doomsday!"...
    - start a petition in MN to amend the bill
    - write to your senator, demanding change or your vote will go elsewhere
    - organize a "march against monsanto in your town"
    - buy only organic
    - support your local farmer
    - get rid of chemicals in your house.

take the profits away from those who do not deserve them, create demand for a better quality food and less poison (you can do this today, i do this today). 
    imo, it's a much better idea than to come on these boards and ... well... do nothing except post a lot of empty words. 

17. See, people have such a rudimentary understanding of the world around them, they can't possibly be an "expert" on legalization issues if you don't understand the machinations of business and government upon which its all built.

Look at all the ways you're telling people to live their lives. Who asked you? Last I heard this was about safe access for persons with serious medical issues, not what I clean my kitchen counters with or where I get my groceries. It's like 1984 and everything is everyone's business. Well, kindly butt out. No one asked you. Try to stay on topic.

lol. coming from an expert on telling people what to think and the grandmaster of "staying on topic".

was i quoting you? stay on topic. or leave. see how that works?

19. OK, you keep telling people to fight for amending a bill which hasn't even reached the governor's desk for signature yet.
    You're so far from informed. Keep it up. Sadly, its getting boring and embarrassing having to correct you every time you post.

there are plenty of chances to amend the bill. don't be an idiot.