Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Got Diagnosed With Adhd-I At Pediatrician, But Random Drug Test...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by boned77, May 9, 2014.

1. I am 1 inch shorter and 5 pounds less
    I have tried and failed that way and it was not a special test. I asked for the test so they defiantly would not think I cheated. I was trying to see if water dilution would work and it did not.
    You are probably fucked

2. Thanks to the new odumbacare law i can be covered under my parents insurance well into my 20's. Nice try though.
    And he's been a teacher for over 20 years. He is helping a lot of kids who are abused by their parents. They are the kids that everyone has given up on, and yet he still tries to help them. He helps kids who have no home to go to after school. He helps kids who come to school with bottles and pills in their bags. Clearly all you are here to do is attack me on a personal level. You obviously have some problems.

3. You're right I probably am. How often had you smoked before your test?

4. its not just kids who get caught with weed, look at the last couple posts I've done. I meant that most of the kids he teaches are fucked in school and are constantly caught with drugs, but that's not even the point

5. I know I'm an idiot but I kind of panicked and thought if I refused she would think I was just a college kid trying to get prescribed adderall.

6. 1/2 gram of hash oil a day

7. I only vaped around a half gram a day, and basically stopped for 2 weeks. HHopefully doctor patient confidentiality works out for me lol

8. #28 iTweaker, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014

yeah agreed everything about this situation is fucked up... 5'11 at that weight being prescribed a stimulant... jesus man the fuck is wrong with your doctors , and strattera is more longlasting then dexedrine,adderall imo, its a shit medical drug, all of them, but at least dexedrine wont make you lose as much weight and you can actually party or have fun with friends on these little orange bad boys. Dump the strattera ,eat , exercise , its a shit drug and it wont fix shit period. your diet , most importantly NO SUGAR,watch your SUGAR, it increases your dopamine over time , if you know what that does it can explain alot of the weird behavior around you ;).

*edit* : lack of energy ,feel tired? heres the solution : Vitamin b12, DONT BUY CYANOCOBALAMIN READ! THE LABELS , thats the weakest most generic version of vitamin b12 , it doesnt do shit and can make people feel worse, get the one found in natural food sources METHYLCOBALAMIN. read the labels and your in buisness  . this helped me come back from the dreaded tiredness of life and shit after quitting ...

9. Hon, if you DO test positive, you should be prepared to back up your cannabis use with medical studies that show cannabis as a valid treatment for ADHD! And I have JUST what you need! :yay:

I have put together "Granny Storm Crow's List", a compilation of links to just about everything related to MMJ!  Here's a small sample from the ADD/ADHD section-

Subtypes of Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Cannabis Use.
    (abst – 2013)           http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24093525

Is Medical Marijuana Safe For Children and Adolescents?     (news - 2013)
    http://www.wakingtimes.com/2013/05/27/is-medical-marijuana-safe-for-children-and-adolescents/

Still Believe Nature Got It Wrong? Top 10 Health Benefits of Marijuana    (news – 2013)
    http://www.wakingtimes.com/2013/05/01/still-believe-nature-got-it-wrong-top-10-health-benefits-of-marijuana/

Can Medical Cannabis Stop The ADHD Epidemic?       (news - 2013)
    http://www.wakingtimes.com/2013/04/11/can-medical-cannabis-stop-the-adhd-epidemic/

I like the news articles because they are shorter and easier for most folks to read, but the List has more medical studies than anything.

Get on YouTube and watch Dr Sanjay Gupta's CNN specials on cannabis. Then consider showing them to your parents. Someone will undoubtedly suggest "The Union", but it is all too easily ignored as "Hippie propaganda"!  Gupta, on the other hand, has name recognition from CNN, actually IS a brain surgeon, and was nominated for Surgeon General! Makes him a LOT harder to dismiss as a "hippie"! To quote him, “We have been terribly and systematically misled for nearly 70 years in the United States, and I apologize for my own role in that" - that is one heck of a statement coming from a high-powered dude like Gupta!

The well-known Dr Andrew Weil also is a proponent of medical cannabis!

Cannabis Rx: Cutting Through the Misinformation : Dr. Andrew Weil       (news - 2010)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-weil-md/can-cannabis-treat-cancer_b_701005.html

Other items of interest-

Dr. Jean Talleyrand Says Marijuana Safer than Ritalin for ADHD Teens     (news – 2010)
    http://spotlight.vitals.com/2010/01/dr-jean-talleyrand-says-marijuana-safer-than-ritalin-for-adhd-teens/

Relief-oriented use of marijuana by teens      (full - 2009)
    http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=2683812&tool=pmcentrez

Herbal Remedy: Teens Often Use Cannabis For Relief, Not Recreation, Study Finds         (news - 2009)     http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090422191724.htm

Doctors recommend medical marjiuana for minors with ADHD in California     
    (news – 2009)
    http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/doctors-recommend-medical-marjiuana-minors-adhd-california-article-1.419585#ixzz2Ui5xXtRZ

Teen Marijuana Use May Show No Effect On Brain Tissue, Unlike Alcohol, Study Finds
    (news – 2012)    
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/teens-marijuana-brain-tissue-alcohol_n_2331779.html

My List is free for the asking. Check out the bottom of my sig and email me, or you can PM me your email address. Either way, you will usually get a free PDF copy of the current List  within 24 hours.  You may find that some of the ailments that your parents may have can be treated with cannabis, which can give you even more talking points!   The January 2014 List is about 1,450 pages of links like those above, so you will have plenty of "ammo"!

Granny

10. my weight and anxiety is why I was prescribed straterra (which I thought isn't a stimulant?), and anxiety/extremely fast metabolism is why I keep losing weight. And yea I gave up sugar i know the deal with that shit lol. Basically being a lazy piece of shit with no motivation or drive to do anything is what prompted me to hit up the doctor, and I was that way before I started smoking and thought bud would help give me an appetite. I was pretty sure I was just a bum with no self control, but apparently adhd-i can do that to people. So I want to see if meds can motivate me because I gave up telling myself I just have to get off my ass and do work. I still think I'm just a fuck up but I don't wanna ruin my chance to try ADHD meds and see if they help.

11. Thank you so much hopefully this will help me!:)

12. If you're 19 like you say they cannot inform your parents of the results without your permission as far as I know. Its going to come up diluted anyway and not a failed for weed. I'm 19 and still go to my pediatrician so I guess cball is ignorant of the fact you can stay on your parents' until 25 and continue visiting your pediatrician.

Please for the love of god , read and research before putting random Substances in your body .....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomoxetine (this is the true name of strattera, strattera is just a generic name for medication like a brand ).
    It is a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (NRI),<sup>[4]</sup> not to be confused with serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), THESE are definetly stimualnts , noreprinephrine is what causes the adrenaline to flow , gives you the energy and motivation to do stuff. I have no idea why doctors would prescribe these kinda things to people with low weight and motivation issues, very contradicting .

dont think about adhd-i these are just words , words are just used to give meaning , you cant physically know for sure you have ADHD or adhd-i so take these words with a grain of salt and dont let this ADHD get to you because its a mental battle know, try eating more and running , youll get an adrenaline rush and some endorphins , also that will relieve stress, I know this because before I started tweaking on fucking ice I played basketball ALOT and would sweat balls at practices i was never stressed , never gave a damn , and was full of energy on party nights , it all changed after some unmentionable substances but I got back on track running is what fixed me.
    if you need the extra boost or motivation , reward yourself with joint after whatever it is your doing that requires motivation and effort that will put you in a nice mind set , if you absoultley need a substance try modafinil/armodafinil,its smooth long lasting ,gives you everything your looking for , and you can eat like you are sober even more sometimes! but I dont mess with synthetic substances anymore . Im returning to the old way of life , the nature way , the way everything was meant to be , So i stay as far away from these because im done with the bullshit . Ive honestly not met one adhd person at age 40 happy with there doctor,script or life after the bs they have gone through, and this is in Canada with free health care and inssured meds were fiends get 100 percs for 9$. -_- and kill there liver.
    Stay safe, Run, and try getting off your medication for a day or 2 , do a work out plan and see how you feel . the more endorphins you release while excersizing ( the harder you push and try) THE BETTER YOU WILL FEEL AFTER, dont push too hard of course KNOW YOUR LIMITS.

14. Wow, everyone's just bashing on OP

Dude, if it was a simple test at her office, no worries. Its not like its state of the art technology. If you come up as positive, say you had a headache and took a few asprins. Then act worried and ask if that would do anything.

Acetominaphin, the main component of Asprin, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, etc, will cause a cheap drug test to show false positives.

BUT, a state of the art lab would see right through that. But you wouldve been given a fancy plastic cup with a lid, not a simple paper cup.

15. Why would a Dr. care about you smoking weed? As long as it doesn't interact with the meds they prescribe you I've never had a doctor not prescribe me meds (excluding controlled substances like painkillers) because I popped on a drug test. You should be fine, even if you're positive for THC. If they won't prescribe them to you, just find a new doctor. People doctor shop all the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I hope I diluted it enough lmao that's better than testing positive. I'm not sure how confidentiality works with a pediatrician and being under my parents insurance though

17. I'm worried that she may think that weed is causing the ADHD-i symptoms. Therefore nullifying my diagnosis.

18. Maybe it is. Maybe you should stop smoking to eliminate that variable

19. Na felt the same before I even started smoking and stored for a month to see if it helped, and there was no difference. I started smoking cuz it stopped me from thinking so much and just let my brain chill.

20. I still wouldn't worry about it. Goodluck