1St Grow Ever Closet Tent Grow Please Help Me Create Some Beautys

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smokehawk, May 9, 2014.

1. Oops here's the pis lol

Attached Files:

2. #163 jonny.blaze/420, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    IDK bro... you haven't seen any pollen sacs have you? I know when a pistil is fertilized with pollen the pistil will shrivel and turn brown / red.

Could be burn though.

3. What do pollen sacs look like?

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #165 jonny.blaze/420, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    kind of like a banana

[​IMG]

5. Oh yeah definitely none of those on the girls.

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Ok, update time! Today is day 28 since switching to 12/12. While on that topic, if the info for the strains says to harvest 55-60 days into flowering... Does that mean that many days after switching the light schedule or 55 days after the first pistils show?

Anyway things are looking good over here! I'm pretty sure ill be good on height and although I wish I could run the hps at 600w, 400w seems to be doing good. It's been real hot here lately so the temps inside the tent have been around 82...if I run it at 600w it shoots up to low to mid 90s.

Here are some fresh pics... Any thoughts on how much you think my yield will be?

Attached Files:

7. Real nice bro... I just posted an update too... for flowering start date I usually go off of when you can see the clusters of pistils forming at all of the tops.

8. #170 smokehawk, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    So what is that about a week after switching to 12/12?

After going back in my journal, it was about 5 days after switching the lights.

9. Depends on the strain but normally 5-10 days

10. #172 budmasterdank, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    Dude. I'm running 2.8x4.3x6.5 tent and am using a 400watt. And 6in hurricane fan.

Shit looks great. Mine are about 25days in. The one picture of the 2 was Taken a while ago.

I'm running a set up very close to what you are and this is a shot of one of my buds

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405339736.749680.jpg

Also here's my tent.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405339769.949310.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405339793.232849.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405339826.849004.jpg

Well done.

11. Happy humpday! Here are just some pics from this morning....starting to see a lot more crystals on the leaves :)

The ladies are almost half way into their flowering time...do the buds looks normal size for just about half way into flowering?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:bongin:  :bongin:  :bongin:

12. #174 smokehawk, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    Well, over the matter of a few days my girls have some sort of deficiency/burn going on. Both plants have numerous leaves that are turning yellow with brown spots. I've looked at different charts to try and diagnose the problem and I can't figure out what exactly I need to do.

One other major issue that I overlooked is the runoff pH. This whole time the runoff has been like 5.0 or lower. They had seem to be growing perfectly fine with no stunted growth or discoloration until a few days ago. I had been watering with 6.2-6.8 water so I will now try watering with pH around 7.5-8.0 and check the runoff.

Here are some pics, hopefully someone can pinpoint the issue. I went and got some cal-mag yesterday and watered the Blue Cheese with that and water. I'm going to lay off the nutes for a bit....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully it's something they'll recover from!

13. What kind of feeding schedule have you been using? I think Fox Farms is lacking cal mag if I remember correctly. Some of it looks like it could be that but then some of the leaf tips look nute burned... sucks trying to diagnose when you may have multiple issues. Should keep growing... If your cal mag can be applied as a foliar spray I would opt for that course it will get you results quicker.

14. I've been using 1/2 strength of only the big bloom every other watering. Last 2 waterings was just with water only.

I did read on the Cal-Mag bottle that it can be used as a foliar spray. I'll do that now. Lights are going off in 45 min, is it OK to spray now? Just a mist over all the leaves;buds?

Thanks Jonny

15. Yeah I think so that way they have all lights out to absorb it... I would try to avoid spraying on buds but in a scrog that is hard to do :)

From what I understand you want to try to get the spray on the underside of leaves if possible.

16. just my 2¢ going here. But you should never foliar feed during flower. It cause mold in the buds.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1298766-2Nd-Dwc-Grow-With-White-Widow.

17. I sprayed very lightly... Oops hopefully the fan will dry there buds out.

18. If you get good air flow you are all good... It rains all the time outside during flowering and if you have treated with neem in veg mold will not take hold. I wouldn't go regularly spraying them down in flower but as a little first aid for a fast moving deficiency it is the proper prescription. Don't worry smokehawk :)