1St Grow Ever Closet Tent Grow Please Help Me Create Some Beautys

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smokehawk, May 9, 2014.

1. After turning the light down to 400w the temp is now stable at 81F. I know it's not the absolute perfect temp, but that will be ok right? 

I also need to get my RH higher...sitting at 35% now. I added a bowl of water, doubt it'll raise it that much. Any suggestions to get that higher? I read that in veg RH should be around 70%.

Also some other good news, my Attitude order tracking changed to: has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery!!!!!!!!!!!

:hello:  :hello:  :hello:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:

2. Once you get your plants in there and start watering them the evap will boost that RH quite a bit I think ur good.

3. Sweet thanks! Next update will be seed germination time!

4. Tracking updated on the seeds! Should be here tomorrow or Thursday at latest! Any word on yours Jonny?

5. So yours cleared customs? If so that is great! My tracking finally showed up on USPS site but it still says it is waiting on it to arrive. Royal Mail says it is in the destination country so I think mine is either in customs now or in transit. I got bored last night so I tried to make a clone bucket for when that time comes. I got all the parts for about $45 but then the lids my grow store sells for the black buckets don't fit right and the instructions in the post in the DIY forum said the wrong size drill bit for 2" net pots. If I can get the proper parts it should be sweet though... 100% clone success with no limpness.

6. #26 smokehawk, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
    The postal man just came and was supposed to have my seeds. He left a slip saying to pick up at the post office that it needs signature confirmation. Should I attempt to go get it??

7. Did he try knocking to deliver it when he stopped? I have heard of this happening to others. I think you are all good. It still says that my package is limbo still. For like 2-3 days each tracking service says the other carrier has my package??

8. LMAO... I read on some other posts that it was normal and I think he tried to buzz I didn't catch him in time. So I got in my car and drove down the street and found him a few blocks away and I got my babies!

9. So I got bored and made a bucket cloned... Its so sweet! 8 station, 24 clone bucket for <$50... Pretty freakin pleased with myself... Now to rework the exhaust and try to seal the top of my tent better.

10. Sweet! I'm hoping mine will come tomorrow or Friday.

11. Right on! I'm going to just go with 2 plants for my first grow that way I'll have 3 for the next and more experience. 

Day 1: Beginning germination of Barney's Blue Cheese and Barney's Critical Kush!

12. #32 smokehawk, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    So I was taking a look inside my tent while I'm waiting for the beans to open and I realized that I am blind and didn't realize there was a huge air leak on the hood. Basically the left side where it connect to my exhaust, the glass is sitting loose and not tight up against the metal housing of the hood. A ton of air is coming out. It looks light there used to be a latch or something that is missing that held the glass snug. It also looks light someone used tape at one point and some kind of caulking. 

[​IMG]

How do you guys recommend a get that sealed up? What is best for glass to metal when temps get warm?

Also, do you think this will help reduce my temps? It should, since it is having to recycle the hot air with the cooler air coming through the passive intake.

Thanks

13. #33 smokehawk, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    Also, after hearing the majority of people saying carbon filters are best sucking air through instead of pushing air out, I switched it up. The only way I can figure it out how to have the filter inside the tent right now is to have it vertical on the floor. I've read that this is fine, but once the plants get bigger I want to figure out how to fit it above my light so they have more room to grow.  Is this ok for now? Does it matter the passive intake is right by the filter? 

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

14. my temps stay in the 80's and my RH stays pretty low in san diego, I'm still getting fat colas and big yields. You should be alright. I like the low humidity the soil dries out and gives the roots lots of oxygen.

Although right now its like 100 in san diego and the whole damn city is burning down, I turned my 600 watt down to 50% and im still getting 93-95  :confused_2:

15. @[member="SlightlyStonedSD"] That is encouraging! I've been reading more and more that it isnt the end of the world to have temps in the low 80s , but I still have mild OCD about this and I'm going to keep trying to cool it down to at least 79.

Yeah I hope they get those fires under control soon! I've been hearing from friends how crazy it is....

16. I'm not sure how effective the filter will be at cooling the tent if it is pulling some of the air coming in the passive intakes

17. I didn't realize the filter cools the air, I thought it just cleaned it?

18. If placed at the top it will suck out hot air pulling cooler air in through the passive intakes, that is where your stinkiest air is as well lol

19. ok i need to get some big zip ties I guess. I don't know how to rig it with the way the beams are... The thing is pretty heavy with the fan attached to it too.

20. I used bungee cords and the white closet rack as support. I see you have the exact same racking / shelving. I can send you a pic next time I go to my new property for you to see. Definitely not something that HAS to be done urgently, you can take some time and think it through to get the best solution. I finally got mine set up about as good as I can get it but it is my fourth configuration since I built my tent last week lmao