Sick Seedling :( Save My Blue Cheese.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Nibbana, May 8, 2014.

1. Hey guys I was hoping yous could help me with my seedlings.

The first leaves on the older seedling started to go brown and it seems that around the edges and tips of some of the leaves it's black? Not sure what's up with that. The older seedling also seems to be yellowing from the outside edges of the leaves ever so slightly.

[​IMG]

The other side...

[​IMG]

The younger seedling started to show issues too. It's browning between the "veins" on the leaves. Also I noticed that a new pair of leaves that were growing out and they were kind of purple in the middle. I'm guessing this seedling is a goner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not exactly sure what the issue is right now but I think it could be the tap water I'm using? The PH is at 7 or slightly above, but my question is, does PH even matter for seedlings? I thought PH was only used for the plants nutrient uptake, but the seedlings use the food in the cotyloden for a while don't they?

I was also thinking it could be because of the cold weather as it is autumn over here but winter conditions are pretty much setting in already so temps can drop below 10 degrees celcius outside at times which causes the humidity to drop relatively.

What type of medium; soil or hydro? Hempy Bucket
    What brand and type of soil? N/A 100% perlite, germed in jiffy pellets.
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoor grow cab
    What strain? Blue Cheese by Barneys Farm
    How old are the plants? 1 - 2 weeks from germ
    What type of lights and how many watts? CFL using one 24w 6500K bulb for each seedling.
    How far from the lights? 5cm (2inches)
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Tap water, watering every 3rd day.
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 51% at 24 degrees celcius (75F)
    What size pots? Red Party Cup for seedlings.
    Any bugs? Look real close. First thing I thought it was, looked thoroughly and nothing.

2. I think your problem here is over-watering. You shouldn't have a set schedule for watering but you should just water it when they need it my putting your fingertip in the grow medium to see if it is moist. Every three days is too much.

Also when using tap water you should give it a couple days to sit to let off any chlorination in the water.