Mmj In Minnesota

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Logarhythm, May 7, 2014.

1. Hey guy,
    I don't know if you follow the Minnesota battle for MMJ, but the senate just passed the bill and the house can vote on it as early as next week. But it is different than most states. If this bill passes then anyone with a card can either use a vaporizer with oils or edibles. You can't smoke flowers though. This is the only state that is doing it this way. Why is this happening to us?

This is the strangest life I've ever known

2. I know. I've been watching the senate coverage live. Some of these senators are crazy. I can't believe some of the stuff their saying. They believe the refer madness movie for sure. This has to be the most restrictive bill ever. Not being able to grow your own medicine is crazy. There has to be some big money behind this bill. Only way to get medicine is to buy it from the dispensary. Not all of us have a lot of money to buy oils and edibles. What if I want organic medicine. Oh to bad I guess. I better save up to buy the overpriced edibles. Sorry for the rant. Just disappointed. Senators like Rosen and Eaton I hope you suffer horribly someday u self righteous cunts

3. Something else brought up in senate coverage. Marijuana in small amounts is decriminalized in mn. So if your caught smoking a joint it's a small fine. But with your medical card it will now be a felony. Hmmm. Maybe the med card ain't such a good idea.

4. Wow that is very disapointing to hear. I live in South Dakota and I have been paying quite a bit of attention to the fight in Minnesota over this. I was actually planning on moving there to get medical. I never heard this though. Fucking dumb politicians.. just make it medically available in anyway the patient chooses. If I'm ill with a chronic disease I should be the one to choose how my medicine enters my body not some stupid politician. Fuck that shit.

5. Exactly. Why should I have to eat an edible and wait an hour to get relief. When I could smoke a joint and get relief almost instantly.

6. Politicians aren't doctors "thank god". It should be up to the doctor and patient how they take their medicine.

7. #8 Exhazer, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    Or if your like me....ediles dont work period for me and it sucks. I up my doses dramaticy and if a quarter of fine dank wont get me high on a edible..no edible will. tired of making edibles that work for everyone but me.....but anyways. And now ones from a doctor? Omfg please that like some one giving me a half a hit of mids and getting my hopes up

Just shows how scared these "old timers" are they got brain washed by reefer madness. Who the hell in the right mind think that legalizing it this way would help prevent people to smoke flower...thats just beyond retarded. Were is it legal now? How many states?. Even buying seeds online...its a lost cause now. We won this war on marijuana and there to much of sore losers to admit they lost it. So they do this shit for a peace of mind which is really a distraction for them so they dont drown in there pitty.

Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #9 Joeottoman, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    So having two bills going on at the capital is confusing me. If HF 1818 passes before SF 1641 gets to the House, then what happens to SF 1641? Because SF 1641 is a much better bill than HF 1818, and I'm sure most of you would agree. Would it make SF 1641 unable to pass?

9. Ya I'm not sure how the two bills would work either. Kinda weird having two separate bills. Dayton probably won't sign either one without law enforcement approval. Of course LE won't approve. With their BS war on drugs and they get 70% of what they seize. The houses and cars they seize is a big part of their budget. What pisses me off is LE doesn't make laws. Their suppose to enforce laws. Gov. Dayton's an idiot.

I to have gotten edibles and some oils from a buddy in another state. I wasn't to impressed. They didnt work as good IMO. But I guess politicians know more than me about what helps me.

10. Minnesota is eyeballs deep in settlement money from big tobacco. This is to not upend that cash cow for them by promoting smoking of anything. Finally read this bill this morning. Love how there is a July 2015 implementation date, but there is no less than a year and half of stalling right in the bill for the health commission to be able to drag their feet to January 2017 to finally implement it if passed.

Basically, the two highly disparate bills in each chamber will make it a stalemate by design, which, as mentioned, law enforcement lobby already gets 80% of whatever they can seize, which is the same as the "legal states" with the new laws being passed. So there is NO impetus for change at this time, especially given MN has no initiative and referendum capability. Basically, MN is a bitch to the Feds.

The fact ONE entity would be chosen to provide all the cannabis is insane. ONE entity to test it all. This is one of the MOST crap-asswards mmj bills I've seen yet. I didn't see the part about a cardholder getting a FELONY for having plants material in their possession. REALLY? Good lord...

11. Prohibitionists are shitting loads of fear over the overwhelming poll numbers favoring legalization. If you live in a state that does not have a voter initiative process in place, you're screwed. Do not be surprised when your legislators draft shit marijuana laws. Expect it.

And one more point, if you do live in a state without voter initiatives, call your legislators and tell them to write a bill amending your state constitiution to allow initiatives. It's your only hope for a better democracy.

12. It's not in the bill about the Felony. But I Recorded all the hearings on my DVR. Their was a discussion between senators. Sen. Dibble said that cardholders will be held to a Higher Standard. So if your a card holder you will be charged with a felony for simple possession. They think ppl are gonna use the mmj just to get high recreationally. So many of those senators are scared that just cause we have medical that full legalization will be next. I think someone with deep pockets is behind this bill. So who's gonna be the only one to grow for the whole state ? Big Pharma ? Monsanto?

13. Yeah, I remember the last time this all went through the process, cardholders were going to be felons if they sold their raw cannabis to anyone, which the bills just a couple years ago still allowed for home grows. Now, its a felony if you possess something that would otherwise be a misdemeanor for anyone else?

Someone try to tell me eugenics isn't alive and well...

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/text.php?number=SF2470&version=0&session=ls88&session_year=2014&session_number=0&type=ccr  

Here is the bill that came out of the Conference Committee that Dayton says he will sign.  They left a lot of patients out with the limited list  of qualifying conditions.

I really want to see what they do about edibles and the vaping of oils.  They don't want intoxicated people but vaping oils is....  Oh, well.  Wait and see how it gets tweaked out in the coming months.  I expect it will get changed quite a bit as Rule-Make goes forward.

What really pisses me off is that I am an AIDS patient and was busted in November for a mid-sized medical garden and lost all my equipment, strains, have a felony, had my house emptied by tweaks, was evicted, all accounts seized, etc.  Talk about bad timing.  Damn.

15. This bill is just...too limited and restricted in so many areas and so broad in so many others. I've read the bill and unless I've missed where it states the answers, I have two big questions about it.

1. How much oil/pills can a patient own at one time? When the senate bill passed it was 2.5oz of dry plant material, which got taken out in the compromise. Some patients may need a couple rice size drops of oil a day while others may need a whole syringe full or even more. If they limit the amount a patient can hold at any given time that's going to turn into a problem with sick people having to go back and forth and back and forth to their closest distribution center more often than may be necessary.

2. Which strains will be grown, how much of them, and will multiple strains be combined into oils? If a patient could simply grow their own medicine and figure out which strains work best for them and their specific conditions this bill wouldn't be a problem. They could simply figure out which strains they need and make a routine out of creating their own medicine. The bill says nothing about which strains, quality of cannabis and so on. It says they will have laboratory testing required before the medicine is distributed, but doesn't layout what requirements of the grown plant/extracts are to be accepted. The state could grow only 2 or 3 strains which could have low levels of different cannabinoids to be turned into extracts and according to the bill they would be creating medicine. They don't know how many people a restricted amount of strains will help.

Senators need to just stop restricting a plant that's less harmful than water. If you're a politician fighting to keep nature illegal, then you're the real criminal. I really hope this bill gets amended next session.

16. Where could a person get said card ? :)

17. You have to get a doctor's referral. But this won't be put Into effect for a few years probably

This is the strangest life I've ever known

18. I'm aware of that..

As I suspect you're aware there are always wink & nod doctors..typically retained or referred from a dispensary..

However..since Minnesota doesn't have any dispensaries I know of :-/

19. #20 Allan421, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
    Here is the Bill as it currently sits.  It's been voted on and approved by the House and Senate.  The Gov. said he will sign it and he has until the end of the month to do so.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/text.php?version=latest&session=ls88&number=SF2470&session_year=2014&session_number=0

I think many of your questions will be dealt with in "Rule Making".  I think they need to be providing Medicine by Jan. of 2016 if the single six month extension is used.