My First Grow, 500W Cfl, Future Closet Scrog Cycle

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jonny.blaze/420, May 7, 2014.

Nothing better than smoking what you grew yourself, can't wait to see your harvest pics

2. #243 jonny.blaze/420, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
    Here is a pic before i chopped and the cola trimmed. Hanging in a closet right now... so many different opinions on what the optimal temp and humidity is for drying. I think somewhere around 70-75 F and 50-60% RH is average for all the posts I have read. Guess I will hope for that :)

Attached Files:

3. Got my scales today... They are cool, look like a CD from the outside :) The AKR cola has been hanging for like 22 hours and it weighed 12.2 grams so yesterday i am sure it weighed 14 or 15... it has already lost some size from the drying process. No hay smell yet still smells dank as fuck :) Can't wait til it has dried sufficiently to partake... wish I could give it a nice cure of about a month but just isn't going to work out that way. Will post some pics of the other bitches later once lights come back on this evening.

4. Pic update... I am down to 5 clones but no more are at risk of failing they are all growing quite well. Tomorrow the Critical Hog will be 3 weeks into flowering... still cruising along. The scrog is looking good but I can see why you don't want to do multiple strains in the same screen lol... the Cotton Candy hardly stretched at all and the OG Kush stretched like crazy... still seems to be be stretching. One of the clones I put straight to 12/12 is now officially flowering but I have no idea what strain it is... most likely OGK but could be CH. One of the clones still in veg has preflowers so I am pretty sure that is the CH as it is the most mature of my plants. The 4 new strains I have in veg have finally started to take off... still have a ways to go before they are ready to flower due to the 2-3 weeks of stunting they went through but new growth is looking pretty healthy. 

Attached Files:

5. Clipped another one of the branches on the AKR... This one mush lighter after trimming right at 4 grams so that makes 18 grams wet so far... Still 4 more branches to chop. The branches under the LED are maturing at a much faster rate than the 2700K CFL.

Seriously considering throwing that Hawaiian Skunk out... may plant it outdoors and just see what happens. Got a nice place to put it with an open window this weekend to be able to do it stealthy.

6. My bud drying :D

Attached Files:

7. Looking sweet!

8. Nice look at those crystals!

9. #251 NGP, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    I hate that we can't compare our Wreckage's anymore johnny ... mine is slow to progress in flower, but being a Sativa it's no surprise it's going to take longer. It's got bud clearly forming, just now as pronounced as my other strains. If she's last to finish, she will have the flower room all to herself for however many weeks it may take, so she can swell up :smoking:

10. Yeah that Wreckage was sweet looking before I had to chop it... mine looked to be a little more of an indica leaning pheno... wide leaves, short and bushy in veg... would have been interesting to see the differences in phenos.

That AKR smells better than it looks... fruity lemony piney smell to it.

11. Nice! I only have a few more weeks left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Haven't been in here in awhile, how's it looking man???

Sent from someone that still twist up phillies!!

13. Haha I haven't been in here in a few days... Everything is looking good. Chopped the rest of the AKR auto and moved 3 clones into flowering. 2 of my plants in veg have shown female pre-flowers... probably pull a couple clones off of each one since there won't be room for full plants in there for a month or so. Will take some pics later on this evening when the lights come back on.

14. jonny how much did ya get total off your akr?   :bongin:

15. Still drying but will be just over 16g when dry. Lost the smell and some flavor during the dry so I am going to have to figure that out pretty quick... Was following Rumple's tutorial for drying and curing but trimmed the sugar leaves on day1 instead of after 3 days drying... can't imagine how but that is the only place I deviated from the tutorial. It was really quick too like morning of day5 it smelled dank and then a few hours later I went to take a whiff and smelled like a fresh cut lawn. Came back a little once it was in a jar... was a very heavy high with decent expansion. I can't imagine what it would be like with more ambers... serious sleepy time meds LOL.

16. Here are a few pics from tonight... Critical Hog is really starting to fill out... one major branch will weigh more than the AKR Auto whole plant. The buds are getting sugar coated and the smell isn't the greatest for my preferences... tbh reminds me of used cat litter the way it smells. Is going to be a really nice yielder for sure. Pulling about 8-10 leaves off of her a day as they yellow and wilt, not showing any other deficiencies so I am not going to sweat it. The OG Kush in the scrog has finally stopped stretching... definitely more trichs forming underneath the LED vs. the CFL. Cotton Candy never really did stretch and will be growing into the screen... we will work with that and if it is good smoke we will take a cutting or just reveg her. 2 clones are bout 12-14" tall and in full on flowering, 3 more just went to 12/12 yesterday. And oh a nug shot of my AKR once it had dried enough to smoke it. Smoke was potent but not as resinous and flavorful as it appeared to be immediately after harvest.

Attached Files:

17. Hey Gandolf you still in here lurking? I was inspecting my plants today and on 2 of them I have Santa's beard forming on the top of the soil... I am assuming this is a good thing?! They are in a scrog and most of the underbrush has already self pruned from lack of light.

View attachment 1470140

Something like that?  It's mycelium.... good sign!  Means your soil is active with life, especially fungal.  Did you scatter anything on the surface of the soil?