Clinton Inc. 29 Of 30 Dow Companies Invest In Clinton

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, May 6, 2014.

Do you believe in minimum wage laws, or do you think people should be free to assign any value to any type of labor?

I'm just curious, becasue while I agree with your statement, I would also be hesistant to rely on government as a middle man between two parties (for anything).

Even without minimum wage laws it would be very easy for companies (the fewer in a given industry the easier) to collude with each other to fix wages. How does market competition play into this and how does government alleviate or exacerbate the problem?

2. minimum wage is only in existence to prevent slavery and child labor wasn't meant to be something 50% of the population should rely on.

Maybe if everyone complaining about how low the minimum wage worked a little harder to separate themselves from the pack uncle sam wouldnt have to step in

So everyone just needs to be above average?

4. #44 Rotties4Ever, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
    Tell me what you think quantitative easing really means? and the actual effects it has on the economy and inflation?

"rational investing" :laughing: thats pretty good.
    [​IMG]
    what other factors could there be besides the supply of money? elaborate please, if you tell me the other factors, ill consider to stop blaming the ' "fed" '.

5. Just the people complaining about it. Obviously not everyone does.

Sent from my HTC One

6. Charities are just money laundering fronts.

7. #47 Rotties4Ever, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
    Why Why Why use strawman?

Why cant we stick to the arguments people put forth? why try and change the topic direction? the original argument from what I gather is the blatant corruption and the deliberate harm thats being done to the 'little fish' by the 'big fish' for personal gain, via the fed is just one example that people use because of the overwhelming evidence that theyre all full of shit.
    Psychic powers : fallacy use ahead (watch :) )

8. You yotally missed that point, but everyone should TRY to be above average, unless mediocrity is your forte then power to you. But mediocre skills deserve mediocre pay.
    why do you need me to explain basic economic principles to you?

Fact is yes, the supply of money affects everything obviously, but you're totally missing the difference between defensive and dynamic open market operations. Whether the purchase/sale of treasury notes by the fed was to target a fed funds rate, or to stabilize it from a macroeconomic shift.

Google rational investing. Its the psychology behind the thought process of the average speculator. It has a lot to do with risk aversion and tolerance.

No, I totally agree that people should try to raise themselves to the best of their ability and should be valued based on their individual skills/knowledge/experience. I just also think that mediocre individuals working entry-level jobs should be earning enough to atleast support themselves in a given region. I don't think we really differ on this topic other than the government's role in mediating markets.