New Grow. Indoor. I Have 4 Plants 2 More Coming.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Smacku718, May 6, 2014.

1. Hey guys. Eat here. New grow. Haven't done one since 2009. I don't remember anything. I'm in Florida right now and I have a 4 ft grow box I made out of wood. It had plenty of holes for air. I have a small fan up too shooting air down. I have a 65 watt day light bulb I believe. I have a 175 watt sitting waiting for the plants to get a little bit bigger. I don't know how often I should water. Do I need more light should the lamp be closer? What temp should the area around the plant be. Right now it's 16% humidity and 93 degrees f by the plant. Please help me. It's been a while I need your advice!!
    Thanks for listening.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. All I can really add (cuz I don't know much) but you need to get your RH up 16% is way too low. I think the range is 30-60 (40-55 best for veg) Really for watering it depends on the pots, bigger pots need more water whereas smaller pots far less water. I bought 3 11.5" pots and gave to water every 3 hours or else my soil is too dry, I also have a fan blowing which will cause you to have to water more often. I would move your lamp down as close as you can while still covering all pots. Temp should be a little lower, I heard the stomata don't work as efficiently past 90f other than that idk. Hope I helped:)

More TLC = More THC

3. If I put the lamp lower the temp goes up to 106 102. I moved it down since u said but ima check the temp every 10 mins. How long should the lighting cycle be. Right now I'm doing 7am to 1am I don't know if that's good. How do I raise the rh without temp going up. Also here's a pic of my fan

Attached Files:

4. Update Since I move it. It was 93 degrees now it's 97.

5. I'm starting to think I drilled way to many holes in the box lol

6. 100 degrees. wtf do I do!

7. open the door, or dont grow in a fucking box.

I dont grow in a box.

8. Like i said 2009!
    where should i move it to i like ur grow i already started in pots

9. Hmm, you're in a tough situation, I would suggest looking online for something to lower the temp and buy a small humidifier or fog machine. If you spray the walls it could raise the RH, or try a cup of water and put it in the light so it evaporates. I don't know what you can do about the temp though, you need something that will blow cool air not just circulate it. Photosynthesis produces heat as a by produce of making its food along with the lights and co2 that adds up to a warm room. Do you have an exhaust fan or just an intake? I couldn't view your fan my phone won't load it.

More TLC = More THC

10. I wanna go with cfl but I don't know which to buy?

This is my next bulb that I will switch in tomorrow or the next day. But if someone can tell me the cfl route I might just go to the dark side lol image.jpg

11. It's a tiny 10 dollar fan from family dollar. Honesty if you guys tell me exactly everything I need to switch my grow ill do it. I don't care about the money I just enjoy growing plants. It's just inside the box bowing air down so I doubt it's doing anything

12. Take a pic of the back side of your bulb box and post it here

More TLC = More THC

13. leave the door open. set fan at the door opening and let the fan blow cool air into the box.

14. Well an exhaust fan will definitely help with some of your heat. Honestly go on eBay and buy a grow tent, most basic ones are $70-100. That's the route I'm going

More TLC = More THC

15. #16 snoopdog6502, May 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014

a grow tent is an oven too.

he needs to ventilate the heat out of the box,tent, wherever

I cant count how many threads I have read about tents/boxes too hot and fans and all the same old shit , over and over.

16. Look on your box, probably one of the sides, there should be an indicated with a number that ends with k that's your color temp. For veg(what your in now, you should know you've done this before lol) you want something 6500k or higher for flowering you want around 2700k

More TLC = More THC

17. If i take it out of the box where? i can put a 5 by 3 maybe 4 tent in my yard

18. @[member="snoopdog6502"] what if he hooks up cooling ducts to his grow box/tent.

Idk what to really tell you Acosta you're room temp is so hot cuz your in Florida, another thing you can do is find a strain that grows well in higher temps

More TLC = More THC

19. I can mod the box in any way i need