Starting Another Crop To Move Outside

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by MJsGirl, May 6, 2014.

1. #1 MJsGirl, May 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
    I'm almost at the exact same time frame from last years outside crop. Things have changed in a year:
    last year at this time:                                   by harvest time 10/2103
    married to an asshole                                 divorced asshole
    growing weed secretly in a closet                growing weed secretly in my own apt.
    getting busted and told to move on             living beside a police station

.....it can't get any better than that.

This is what I have so far. Seeds that sprouted on April 14th have been planted in my organic compost mix that I got from the city. I took down my one little portable closet that had a single plant in it and transform(ing) one side of my closet to grow more seedlings that'll soon go outside.... somewhere!

View attachment 138742
    View attachment 138722
    View attachment 138725
    View attachment 138728
    View attachment 138734
    View attachment 138730
    View attachment 138733

I'll start keeping a better record of my progress. Since I took these pictures, I've made a few changes AND my plants have really grown. Stay tuned. :smoke:

2. #2 MJsGirl, May 6, 2014
  3. #3 MJsGirl, May 6, 2014
    After I plant these 13 plants outside ... guess what I'm gonna start growing?

View attachment 138752
    View attachment 138751

They came in these "magic gloves"  -  ohhhhh, it's magic!

I've never grown auto flowering plants before. I guess I'll try just about anything.

I'm not sure what to do with those 3 monster crops. I don't know if I can grow auto's AND have another full crop in such a small space, ya know.

I'll figure something out.

:smoke:

4. Give em hell MJG haha.

You will be able to sex them about 5-7 weeks, you should plant
    around the first week of June and have your light about the same
    15 1/2 hrs of light. 530-600 am

5. LONG OVER DUE UPDATE!!!! sheesh

I was successful at sexing the plants thanks mostly to everything I read here in the city. Out of 13 plants, 5 were def. males... so out they went. I planted 8 female plants out and about / here and there ON Memorial Day. From this point, I let nature take over. Like my first crop, I'll wait a few weeks then go check it out, but I'm not going to stress about it.

As for the 3 clones. I decided to wait for the auto-flowering experience until these 3 girls are ready to harvest. I couldn't stand the thought of sending them outside. These are special plants. My first attempt and monster-cropping and it worked!!? Go figure!

I'll post progress pictures of the outside plants when I get 'em.

;-)

6. This sucks! I checked on a few of the plants that went outside in God's country, on some back road, and these 2 photos is what I brought back. From 2 different plants, from 2 different sites. I think, and I hate to say this but, .. I think I stressed 'em out too much with the whole "sexing your plant" experiment. I still have 6 more sights to go check out.

View attachment 142356
    View attachment 142355

7. Not only males but you can see the single finger leafs. sure sign of going in and out of flowering. 

Also looking at your smaller plants in the closet. I see the claw leaf. when your leafs curl in like that or when they look like a claw it's a god sign of over watering. Remember MJ does not like wet feet. 

Did you kill the males in pics above? 

8. This is my long overdue update (again) on one of my not-so-hot grows.

I'm down to 3 out of 8 plants. Over Labor Day weekend, I confirmed 3 plants (not males) 2 are sorta strong looking and the third one, it's there, but not so big! I just have to wait to see if they survive about 1 more month outside..... we'll be approaching Autumn here soon.

Coming Soon: Pictures of my 3 outside plants.

9. if I had a gal like you out here with me on the farm in Humboldt life would definitely be complete. We need more females repping the greenthumb like you. Your doing awesome big props. :)

10. Thank you Mr Richard Dean, thank you. The reason I haven't been posting so much over here is that I already have a few other grow journals going on at the same time ... bad idea for me. After this one and the other few are finished, I'll stick to just one grow journal.

:smoking: