Kind K3 L.e.d Grow Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Datidk, May 5, 2014.

1. nahhhhhh, i don't see it that way.  Its too many bullies on these forums, talking no facts, just what they hear.  I hate one track minded people.  He is downing a reputable company by stating foolish facts about KIND LED which is the same folks that make the best tents to grow in.  After this grow, went ahead and put the xl750 in my veg tent and put the xL1k in my flower room.  You can go check out my grow journal and see facts, not assumptions.  If we were talking HPS, he would be ecstatic.  Its 2015, and several controlled test have shown that hands down, the quality of buds that LED's produce is a big difference compared to HPS.  SMH, well since we are gonna play the schoolgirl attack game, i felt attacked when i was compared to his blind grandma.  Now after you get him in line, then come this way.  SMH, this is so childish, this supposed to be a place to be comfy while conversation bout a growing.  I guess i need to get me a big brother in here so i can have somebody co-signing.  SO, now whats the xl-750 and xl-1000 a Chinese copy of?  I dare u to say the sun.  Its 2015, people with the funds are getting smart and going led.  and then they last 10 yrs on a 12/12 cycle, my 750 will last me probably 5-7, cause i run a 24hr veg tent. and u buy a $!00+ bulb every 3-6 mos.  and payin a high bill.  

2. #22 Rumpleforeskin, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
    I see a lot of great LED lighting, and find most to work well (watt for watt) no matter the brand name. The whole scientific study thing about quality is kinda laughable though, and used a lot to drive points. I grow with both and find if you give the correct lighting, the bud comes out the same. 99.9% of all lighting side by side comparisons are done with some bias, so I trust none of them. I remember side by side 90 watt UFO LED grows that out performed 1000 watt HIDs. Wild claims of saving power using "scientific" data. A lots of folks tried to grow ten full sized plants with a single UFO based on wild side by side documentation. But now days no one lies, right?

I look to the folks growing for money to find what lamp will make the most quality bud in the least amount of time. Gavita seems to be what most use or are upgrading to now days. But who has that kinda of money for a closet grow operation?

If you found a lamp that is producing enough quality bud in your space, then you found the correct one.

Peace, R.

of course no way a 90W UFO can out performed 1000 watt HIDs, if the real draw power is 90UFO, it may compare a 10-110HPS, but not like it mentioned as a 1000W, no way

4. My point was, nothing has changed. Sales guys will say anything.

5. Has anyone seriously given you any real advice or experience on these lights? I have 2 K3 L600's in my flower tent. I can't find any info on how far or close to set the lights. Do you have any suggestions? Any advice would be appreciated. Happy growing and stay lifted.

6. I just bought the K3 600 watt Kind LED and it seems to working wonders so far

7. I have two Kind LED light fixtures, one is the 1000-watt and an additional 750-watt. The quality of the light is great but they have one huge problem. The light dispersion footprint is LOUSY. I originally purchased the 1000-watt for a 5ft. x 5ft. tent. After installing the light fixture I noticed it did not cover the entire area, it only illuminates 2/3 of the area so I had to purchase the 750-watt fixture also to cover the remaining 1/3. So that results in over $2500 in lighting for a 5 x 5 area not counting the addition of over 70lbs. of weight placed on the skeleton of the gorilla tent. No it didn't collaspe but I was waiting for it to. Also they produce a lot of heat that isn't directly removed from the tent. Personally my advise is think hard before purchasing LED's for lighting. They do not result in larger or better yeilds and will really dent your wallet versus the standard HS and MH lights.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Big smo has a good current thread on his Kind lights at RIU. A must read you might say.

• Like Like x 1
  9. So you have 1750 watts of led to cover same space as single 1000 watt HPS. What is your watt draw at the wall for those leds? I spent 2600 on 4000 watts of hid lighting and my ballasts are DE compatible allowing me to upgrade to even more kick ass lighting without having to purchase new ballasts. To cover my space in that equivalent led would've cost 10,000$ +. I think I'll buy my 50$ bulb every 6 to 8 months Especially when each monthly harvest yields around 2lbs and I just started using my 2nd 1000 watt bulb. So that yield will double soon. 100$ for 32lb of herb.... That's an acceptable expense.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Actually they do produce better tasting smelling and more dense buds then hps or mh I have ran both hps mh and led led are way better

11. I have the kind k5 xl750 best monry I've ever spent u can precisely control the exact spectrum of each led diode