Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Employed Tokers

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Jmosley, May 4, 2014.

1. There's a spot around back, out back of the shack, burning doobs like smokestacks on my "smoke" breaks.

First day on the job Bossman catches me rolling a doob tells me I can't smoke it inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Definitely don't see myself smoking during work, I talk to customers all day long so I can't really be spacing out. Besides I use a language other than my native so that requires extra concentration. Also there have been several people fired for smoking where I work so I'd rather avoid that. 

3. I hate being stoned at work cause I'm noticeable af, but Starbucks is chill. Just pop in an edible when you get to work

Peace/Love

4. I used to be head of service in a 15 table tapas restaurant. it's usually 3 tapas for an average person, but some people would order 2, some 5 and some 6.
    So for example, if we had 7 orders at one time, thats like 50+ dishes! (not to mention tables coming and going) 

It was my job to get every single plate out to the tables and my duties were not limited to: cutting bread, preparing olives, filling oil and vinegar for cooking and food quality - even if the place was full. 
    I'd being doing this job for about 1 and a half years but it still was a challenge.

So, sometimes (twice a week maybe?) before my shift i would spark one up. It stopped me getting stressed to the point where i would freeze up and panic on the inside. Because if i stopped for 5 minutes, 10 or 15 more plates were still gonna come my way and nobody else knew 'the system'. 

It helped me keep my cool and i got those bloody dishes out quicker than you can say ole!  :smoke:

5. I work at a university with no supervision, so I always get stoned before work. Sometimes eat an edible or two at work just to make the day a little smoother. 

6. I guess it just depends on the type of job. I work at a small sandwich place and I will normally blaze before closing shifts but not at lunch time.

7. I definitely don't smoke before or during work. My job requires a lot of thinking and I don't think very well after smoking. For me, it's a relaxing post-work activity to help me unwind from a busy/stressful day.

8. I'm a chef I just walk in the door 7 am red eyed and tired as hell anyways from working 17 hours the prior days haha so they would never know yet they don't give a shit

9. #109 JCM2, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
    I smoked at work when I worked commission sales in college. But then again that place didn't give drug tests because it was all college labor and EVERYONE would fail. Since I've been out of college, no time for that. I have a demanding high stress job that affords me the ability to smoke some of the best of the best to decompress. I'm perfectly OK with that.

10. I did in college when I didn't care about work, but I am a DBA now and save it for when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. I'm about to get employed by TJ Maxx, hopefully.

12. #112 wafdof, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    I agree 100%.  I work as an Air Traffic Controller and I do not smoke at all.  I retire in a couple of weeks and plan on getting blazed a lot.  

Some of you are posting that you get high to deal with bad/moronic customers, but that is a cop out.  You have social problems if you need to be high to deal with/ignore bad people.  I smoked when I was real young 14-16 and gave it up to have a better life.  I managed a retail store in my lower 20s and dealt with some pretty bad people.  That is part of life that really never goes away,  if you are high or not.  You don't need to be high to deal with issues, you need to be high to ignore the issues.

Some of you say that you smoke at work and you perform better....There are a handful of jobs that is a reality and vast majority you perform worse even if you think you perform better.

It gives legalization a black eye for the dumb dumbs that think they can smoke at work and nobody knows...guess what?  Not everybody else is stupid....they know.

If I were allowed to smoke and control traffic I wouldn't even after working hours.  Sorry, for some jobs weed and work do not mix, before, during or after.  Mine is one of them and even if it was legal I don't think anyone wants stoned or hazed over Air Traffic controllers working their flights.  My wife smokes every single day and no way anyone at her work can tell.  She never does before work, only after.  OK, maybe they can tell.  Her head pounding migraines are gone and she doesn't leave work almost every day anymore.

Sorry again for the rant, but I want totally legal weed and it won't ever happen if we fuel the fire by endorsing/bragging about going to work high. For those of you that smoke during your off time, Thank you.  My wife does the same thing, she makes decent money and does a good job at work.  Responsible use will hopefully get marijuana legal federally.

PS In case anyone is wondering, even in the legal states Pot is not allowed and it is tested for by the FAA since it is a federal job and it is federally illegal.  Even if it is made federally legal I can't see an exception being made for ATC or other safety jobs.