Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Employed Tokers

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Jmosley, May 4, 2014.

1. Yeah, my coworkers and I do it often. But I kinda prefer smoking when I'm off the clock, I can do whatever I want so I enjoy the high a lot more.

Funny bc I'm at work right now, toked like 30mins ago :smoking:

2. i dont do it anymore bc it was kinda a waste. i mean at the time i was just excited cause i was like 'hell yeh weed' ya know? it did help take the edge off tho. bc i used to suffer pretty badly from anxiety (i actually had a panic attack recently at work lol im lame.) but im pretty good at keeping it in check most the time i think. and being a cashier at a store (actually the best one) kinda gets you used to being around people so its a blessing. i rambled idk im high lmao.

but now i dont smoke at work and just get high at home, where i dont have to worry about wasting weed or being too stoned to work. i can just smoke till im good and its fine. it works out a lot better. OCCASIONALLY some of my friends/connects/whatever will be like 'yo come hit this blunt real quick' and like... im not gonna say no...

3. I'll occasionally take a whack or two on my way out the door in the AM, that's about it...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Typical 9-5 office job here. Not really anywhere I can blaze at work. Usually get pretty baked before jumping on the train to commute for work though.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I don't want to ruin the measurements on 50$ pieces of trim or cut my fingers off. I smoke after work usually

6. In the summer I do event security at festivals. Night shift it is easy to get away with a few puffs and a lot of staff smoke and know I smoke. Day shift I just hope I get posted somewhere alone. If you get put on bag checks or wristband checks kind of hard to even get a bathroom break when its busy.

7. lol what? smoking =/= irresponsibility. I still do everything I need to do at work after I've lit up. sometimes my performance and results are actually better while high because my anxiety isn't as present so I can see/execute tasks more clearly.

I guess you're free to choose what you "believe in" (?) or not but I don't really see how smoking and working compares to drinking and driving or its mindset lol

anyway came to say I sparked today at work and it hit juuuuuuuust the right spot  :smoking:

8. Apart from the odd Friday morning before the commute, I don't smoke during work hours. But I work a menial office job that I could definitely enjoy a lot more if I were high. I also work in the central business district of a major city, so it's trickier to be inconspicuous during business hours.

One of these days...

9. I works at a busy retail store, and I know that dealing with the general public in that setting can be very stressful. Sometimes I just need to take a toke or two just to take the edge off and go back to dealing with inconsiderate, messy as hell, self-entitled assholes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #30 Jmosley, May 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
    Oops didn't realize the thread took off again.

As I've said 2 or 3 times already, there can be no shame for those who don't smoke at work and even less so for those who can't because of the difficulty of the job or a lack of a safe place.

Personally I'd consider a day I didn't smoke a waste, and probably couldn't tolerate the tweakers that I'm forced to clean up after if I was sober. I've had jobs where smoking wasn't an option, this isn't one of them though. I'll also never lie about being a responsible smoker, I abuse weed at best, more realistically I can easily say I'm addicted. Boo hoo, it's who I am too bad. Honestly I'm happy to see so many people with legitimate careers that they refuse to risk for a quick puff, maintenance at a junkie and tweaker filled motel isn't on that level however. I am quite capable of tightening a sink, changing bulbs, snaking toilets, and carrying tv's/mini fridges to another room with a fade.

In the off chance I'm doing something real and run into a problem that turns it into a headache a quick smoke break to reset my train of thought has always helped me come back and wrap it up. That's not to say weed exactly helps me though, it goes back to the abuse of weed bit so smoking will bring me back to what has become "normal" for me. Thanks all for the input. For the on the job tokers, don't take offense to those who don't smoke at work. It's their opinion based on their life experience,they are entitled to it's if you function fine then do you.

11. I used to smoke all day at a retail sales job. Small store, everyone employed there smoked too. This job I got now I've only toked a one hitter one night before closing. There's very very few days I just can't wait until I get home.
    I don't judge people who do smoke at work if they can do their job high. I don't care if the guy making my burger is high on crystal meth as long as it gets made right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. ^^ you're a good person. The world needs more like you bro

13. Im employed. Fuck taxes.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Done it once and got caught never again

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

This ^^^

I work retail and some of the people you meet on a daily basis can just eat away at you. I had a customer drop f bombs on me today. I only blaze before work from time to time but it really does help when dealing with nasty customers.

And that, I believe, is the key. When you have a lot of years toking under your belt, one or two hits is just going to give you a little buzz. It will relax your muscles and your brain and allow you to get 'er done. :smoke:

17. Amen brother.. A-FREAKING-MEN!!

18. I spark before work and I feel like it helps me focus and socialize with customers, I also make some pretty awesome looking sandwiches which is a plus . But if I had a job that was more tasking and required more focus I would go sober. The job I have now is minimum wage and mind numbing haha

19. #39 orbweaver, May 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
    I work for myself at present (doing graphics and web stuff). Theoretically, yeah, I COULD smoke during the day... and I set my own hours... but I've experimented with trying to work while high, and I just wouldn't get anything done. It makes me not care about anything.  

If I did have to "go" to an actual job, I still probably wouldn't smoke during the day. A cup of coffee is what gets me up in the morning. Weed would probably make me want to go back to bed. It's too relaxing. 

Also, I really battle fatigue during the day and something that makes me relaxed and groggy is the last thing I need!!

I have my weed pretty tightly compartmentalized into a nighttime activity. For the most part, I just don't like to be stoned during the day. At all. 

20. Used to have similar problem at my old job, it was quite easy to smoke a one skin if no one was around, but my thoughts are, if it doesn't feel right and ethical (right word?? :/) then don't bother.. in the end i couldn't bring myself to disrespect my boss's so i decided i could wait a few hours.. and it made working more worth while for me as i had something to look forward to at the end :D