Stephen Hawking Warns About A.i.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Bluntzilla420, May 4, 2014.

1.  Love is not logical.........good sir...It's spiritual connection that resonates in the heart....IMO..whether it's btw a mother and child...father...man and woman...you cannot program those connections/love....I think that takes humanity out of it all...and if we do that to ourselves as a species...we deserve to be robots....what fun that will be.

2. Cuz history shows that we humans are awesome at keeping our morals ethics and spirituality, especially the humans in charge lol.

3. Lol  it's probably the only thing ACTUALLY said by stephen hawking in years, his computer voice or whatever probably gained artificial intelligence, became self-aware and is what's been saying all that smart stuff and stephen hawking was able to temporarily get past it. 

The way that it was and is, isn't necessarily how it has to be.

5. #45 PeterParker, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    deleted - adressed obvious

6. #46 PeterParker, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014

I love lamp.

:/

I disagree...it's completely cause/effect. It just doesn't "happen", all else is crazy.

What on earth is "spiritual" connection? whats the meat and potatoes of that? Or is it more your poetic interpretation?

7. ORLY?

8. Kotor has to be one of the best games ever made. Ever.

9. what if -this happens;

Enter wall of text:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/falling-in-love-is-all-in-our-brains/2012/02/06/gIQAbIRbBR_story.html

There is so much that is just now being explored, when talking about who we are and how we function that we cant really make any hasty assumptions. Brain is really that "last great frontier"

10. Robots scare, especially if there was a swarm of hornet sized ones that were really fast.

11. Love is in fact logical.

Empathy and compassion evolved as a mechanism to motivate organisms to unite and work together.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #52 TesseLated, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    *not hating..I'm a smartass sometimes

Yes...this answer was predicted....biological functions.....so what if that is the 'operating system' ..That article applies to 'falling in love'....not the life long capacity to share your life w/another human being. You don't believe there's such thing as a Soul? Probably not. .

When you're 70 your cock just might not work anymore...and 'lust' doesn't mean shit...You gonna push somebody's wheelchair b/c you want some pussy when you're 80? Oh wait...you're going to have an iron dick!

Don't forget to push that dopamine button..!

You are seeming to count pulses of oxytocin and other chemicals..caused by initial lust and attraction...to be the cause of real love? So what if it's a driving factor in reproduction...initial selection...that's why there's something called 'divorce'...

It doesn't negate love in a spiritual sense..

..only gives capacity..

**Ironically....I just found myself posting in 'Songs You Want to Fuck to"...haha...I'm not saying lust doesn't exist...nooooo..just that it's different from real committed type love..that you cannot program...beyond biology