Christ And The Perfect Creation

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Thejourney318, May 2, 2014.

1. #61 0ri0n, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    I don't believe Jesus stood against those things either, or that God did, it's merely what's stated in the bible. My only real qualm is that people let what is by this time essentially word of mouth determine how they perceive God. And it's so completely subjective to one's own experiences it feels unnatural to try to archive it because while we feel the same thing we cannot see it the same. And I think through my own touches with it that there are many levels to experience God because he/it is everywhere and it's just a matter of how deep you go. If you went deep enough to see it for it's entire truth, without the limitations of human consciousness and preconceived ideas, you would find it is the same thing everyone so desperately strives for and feels the edge of, no matter what they believe. Where I'm getting at there is that on some of those levels I do not think God is perfect. In the human element, obviously not. Worldly, no, it's quite out of balance right now. Universal? I don't know but we know it's certainly chaotic and that leaves the possibility at least.  I think we're missing something somewhere because on a few base ideas we (Everbody) believe God and his message are mostly the same [thing]. And yet we quarrel over what in the big picture should be considered minor things, in comparison to what theism even stands for. If God can be classified as anything it is an idea. An idea that is in one way the same across the board and the key to perfection and peace. And in another leads to hatred and destruction. It's a two sided coin. Equilibrim. Black and white. Day and night. Dark and bright. It's general consensus that in various ways, depending on your beliefs, we ARE God, on some level, especially not just as individuals, but as a collective force. And we are certainly not perfect.

Thats deep man, yeah alot of evangelicals easily walk right over the stoning homosexuals part, and the food laws, not sure what you mean by medicine unless your talking about cannabis, as far as contraception thats a catholic thing, and as far as womens rights, Paul is the only one who started talking like that, if you remove paul from the equation that dissapears. but when  you said god is preventing us from being perfect, I thought that was deep, I wouldnt say it like that, but I would say religion is preventing alot of people from enlightenment.