My First Bb And Soil Grow :)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by HardDickensCider, May 1, 2014.

1. Hey Bud... Just my 2 cents, but I think your ppms are way too high for a bb grow. At that high of a ppm, I think you'll cause lockout and have limited/slow growth. I was running about the same ppm's and cut it first down to 900, and then to 700. At 700 the plants started bursting with growth (roots and leaves) and drinking water like a mexican drinking tequila! Made a big difference for me...

2. #29 Franklins Tower, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
    Get ed rosenthals marijuana grow book. It goes deep into hydroponics.Hydroponics will kick soils ass any day in growth speed. The plant in the soil is slowly growing roots. I always liked soil grown. Better flavor I feel. Ive tried a ton of different kinds of both. Im a chef and I had job where they grew all there veggies hydro. I loved it. Prime stuff. Food luck on the grow. Dont knock soil. It takes time for perfection. Lol j/k whatever floats.your boat. I have too small of a place.for a.good.hydroponic set up. I have t5s for the sides and 2 foot 4 bulb fixture that has ratchet clamps and I am growing 2 more different autos and a fem whitw widow. Dont warm your seed on a hearing mat unless it has a control knob. I cooked over 100 dollars of seeds when I first started. Im getting mabey two to.three oz off this auto my next two I expect the same and the white widow I hope almost double. Im.wating till.shes four feet before.I.switch light cycle from 18/6-12/12. I.want the most out of her.Have a great night. Peace

3. Thanks bro. I'm goin to lower them by adding more water. I had cut down on the water level thinking maybe too much of the roots were covered. So I can afford to add about 5 gallons. Added 2 1/2 and Ppms are down to 1000. Will add more tonight

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1300541-My-First-Bb-And-Soil-Grow-%3A%29 My grow journal

4. [quote name="Franklins Tower" post="20105099" timestamp="1401684143"]Get ed rosenthals marijuana grow book. It goes deep into hydroponics.Hydroponics will kick soils ass any day in growth speed. The plant in the soil is slowly growing roots. I always liked soil grown. Better flavor I feel. Ive tried a ton of different kinds of both. Im a chef and I had job where they grew all there veggies hydro. I loved it. Prime stuff. Food luck on the grow. Dont knock soil. It takes time for perfection. Lol j/k whatever floats.your boat. I have too small of a place.for a.good.hydroponic set up. I have t5s for the sides and 2 foot 4 bulb fixture that has ratchet clamps and I am growing 2 more different autos and a fem whitw widow. Dont warm your seed on a hearing mat unless it has a control knob. I cooked over 100 dollars of seeds when I first started. Im getting mabey two to.three oz off this auto my next two I expect the same and the white widow I hope almost double. Im.wating till.shes four feet before.I.switch light cycle from 18/6-12/12. I.want the most out of her.Have a great night. Peace

5. #34 HardDickensCider, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  6. #38 HardDickensCider, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402434589.168271.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402434597.635027.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1402434606.520010.jpg

Both plants are showing pistols. Also sealed up some spots where light may have been entering during the off cycle. Had to lower the bucket cuz the plants are getting too tall for the lights.