My First Bb And Soil Grow :)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by HardDickensCider, May 1, 2014.

1. #1 HardDickensCider, May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
    This is my first grow. I have 3 2 gallon soil plants and 2 planters in my bubble bucket setup. BB has 1/3 cup of all nutrients (GH gro,bloom, and micro). So far the BB plants are beating the soil plants in height. I have 2 100 watt equivalent cfls over the BB plants and 4 40 watt fluorescents over the soil plants. I used Vigero organic potting soil which contains fertilizer so I did not add nutes and plan not to for at least 6 weeks. Screwed up and bought 3 inch hydro pots. Was too anxious to start grow :/ hoping this won't be an issue. The roots should just grow through the planters anyways into the water. We shall find out...

2. Ppm of water in the BB was 130 to start with and is 594 with added nutes. I forgot to rinse off Hyrdoton before planting so excess minerals are leaching into the water. Ppm has rose to 690 in the last 4 days. PH has been dead on at 5.8 to 6.0 since the start. PH of soiled plants is around 6.8. Will continue to just add water without nutes for a while. Both set ups have 1 to 2 inch plants with 4 leaves each now. Will post current pics later. Made a new light setup for the BB plants.

3. #4 HardDickensCider, May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
  4. Be careful of the type of paper towels. I lost all but 1 seed out of 12 to chemical ridden paper towels. Now I use an unbleached 100 recycled safe towel. All 4 seeds I put in germinated. The small plant is my only regret female seed that made it. It's either northern lights or white widdow. I hope the box will be enough until my auto is done and I can put the grow bulbs back in the closet. It suckered having two different kinds. Never again. It's either or simply click I only have one place to grow and I can't split it up. My last buds were at 16% the and about 1.5% cbds. Kicked my ass. Lol I take cbd oil too and that stuff works. HEMPMEDSPX.COM. GREAT STUFF. Or order it from cbdfarmacy who gets it from the main company I mentioned first, hemmedspx.com. I researched it and it's the medicinal part of the hemp plant. The USA has had a patent on it since the 1970s and it says how it is so benefiting to anyone. PLEASE READ ABOUT IT. GET IT ONLY FROM THOSE COMPANIES. It has worked for me and my pain, anxiety, depression, etc. Tell Mike at cbdfarmacy Tom sent you. He is out to help people. The blue label and gold label are the strongest and work the best. I got the small 1 Oz and I have to take 4-5 times the dose for it to work. Mabel this will help.

5. Hydro plants seem to be smoking the soil plants (no pun intended) growth wise. At least double their size. The light fixture slid down and burnt a couple leaves in the hydro setup, so one plant is a little yellow. I adjusted the soil plants lights down more. We will see if they respond better. Ppm and ph are steady in hydro around 597ppm and 6.0. Added 1/2 gallon of water. Ph in soil is steady at 6.8.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1300541-My-First-Bb-And-Soil-Grow-%3A%29 My grow journal

6. The hydro plants will outgrow soil.

If you are doing a medical grow you will need to step up the plant numbers and get some HID lighting. I Have a heck of a time keeping up with my sick people.

7. #11 HardDickensCider, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399814749.081415.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399814761.316813.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399814771.283294.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399814780.119113.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399814789.350925.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399814798.334919.jpg

So as you can see the hydro plants have grown a lot. The soil plants not so much. Seems I'm having better luck growing mushrooms out of them lol. Added a gallon of water to hydro so far. Bumped the nutes up to aggressive vegetative growth mix. The leaves seem to be saggy. Not sure what's causing that but maybe a nute deficiency. We will see. Also there is a weird yellow line on the leaves. Thinking water got on a leave and the light was too close.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1300541-My-First-Bb-And-Soil-Grow-%3A%29 My grow journal

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400951970.642432.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400951984.923908.jpg

So I read up a bit about the drooping leaves. Lowered the water level a bit and made sure all the roots in the bottom of both planters were making it out of the planters. Both of these could cause this drooping. Also added an intake fan I will turn on when I enter the room and off when I leave. Maybe it will add some fresh air to the equation and help.