Limit On like Button

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by rain dancer, Apr 30, 2014.

1. You made a thread about the liking system :lol: poke you're too funny
    Oh and my opinion is I should have more likes for my troubles lol

2. I sure did.

I hear enough people complain on a daily basis that i kinda just said ya know what, tell it to someone who can do something anout it and here we are lol

Not that anyone cares :p

Like I stated before...likes are restricted on purpose...

Face it...people are going the judge other members on here based on both post count, and likes...

We're not about to limit people on posting...posting, most of the time, benefits the forum in general...whether it's good information or something entertaining or possibly funny, people posting is what makes this forum what it is...

A like, on the other hand, is a pat on the back for a good post...

Without a limit, there are people who will just go through, liking every post they see...basically...making the whole like system totally irrelevant, as opposed to mostly irrelevant...

If people know they will run out of likes, hopefully they'll consider before they just randomly like a post...thereby only giving a like to posts they believe to be one of the better posts they've read that day...

No system is perfect...perfection is not achievable...we all know this...but this is what we have, and, personally, I think that they've done a pretty decent job of compromise...

Face it...if the worst problem we have, is that we can't show as much appreciation as we would like to for each other...well...I challenge you to find any place IRL where you can say that there is the same dilemma...

:gc_rocks:

4. I like when people "like" my posts. Let's me know people like what I have to say and want more.

I really appreciate every "like" I get.

If I knew people were doing it randomly it would ruin it.

5. Fair enough IF.

Youre right MOST people wont be effected. But many of us have no lives IRL, for whatever reason. So within an hour many of us can run outta likes.

Its frustrating at times because people resort to posting "pokesmot247 likes this" since often times, especially in the garden section, someone asks a question and someone else takes their time to answer it, and since we're outta likes, that show of "respect" that is a defining characteristic of grasscity isnt avaialable. So Ive personally resorted to bookmarking with IOUs.

Extreme? Maybe, but extreme limitations require extreme responses with extreme members.

Which is why i jokingly asked, can we recycle by just unliking a bunch of old posts? Kidding of course, but the person in me that "overcomes" limitations always finds the loophole in the system, and that may be one.

But i do recognize your point about endless liking and i have gone through and blindly checked like on every post in the past, though recently ive just resorted to IOUS or simply, thank you for your post, unsure of whether my lack of a like deserves an explanation.

In this little utopia we frequent, just like in any place where humans congregate a set of rules and expected behavior persists, even when one of the expected behaviors is limited, does that make sense?

Im not saying we shouldnt limit the like button, because i happen to remember i roll fatties and all the stress he caused the mods with his absurdity, however, i think we should increase them.

If it was up to me, gold members would get 500, silver 350, and bronze 250, and everyone else 150.

But now that i think about it youd just have people bitching, as you stated, cant please everyone all the time.

That said, i appreciate that you care mate. You took the time once again to hammer in the point and i sincerely apprecaite that IF. One of the best mods gc has ever had imo and i respect you for being real and taking the time once again....
    ~ poke