Limit On like Button

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by rain dancer, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Hello,
    Apparently yesterday I liked too many posts!

Now today I get this error:
    [​IMG]

You guys should remove this limit. It's silly :p

How can there be a limit to what a person likes? The rest of the forum is coming along nicely, but this would be a great change imo. That way I can thank people properly and easily for humor, for help, and wisdom.

Thanks.

-poke

2. GC be hating on happy people! They need a doobie!

3. I dont think there is a limit, if there is it does not effect me but I did purchase a membership so it might be different.

You computer or tablet,,, may auto double click when a single click works on the like button.

Hard to say different operating systems, browsers and settings are at play.

4. It may take up too much space on thier hard drive.

5. Im on an ipad guys. Look at the pic I posted lol

It shows the msg. I cleared my cache, history and data a few days ago

Oh and the like button jus worked again on kush cookies post...go figure :laughing:

6. will check it out...

7. There is a limit yes and it's been introduced when we made the switch. 

It is also true that paid memberships have increased limits.

8. The limit helps prevent sprees of liking every single post like capslockbandit or irollfatties embarked on in the past...

Also, limits make things more valuable...when we had rep, we could only give out a certain amount per day...you have to choose where to dole these things out...

I'm not 100% on this, but I'm sure gnik will smack me and set things right if I'm wrong...the limit is based on a 24 hour period...you are only allowed to like a certain number of posts in 24 hours...you get them back one by one, 24 hours after you use them, not in one big batch at a set time...

9. What is the limit? I've never hit it but I have had days with a lot of liking so must be a pretty high limit anyway.

10. I rarely like but would also like to know the limit.  Need to start making my daily quota.

11. The only time I hit the limit was on July 4 2013 when that troll Groundhogday got loose and disrupted the whole forum for the entire day. There was so much going on here that day that every time I refreshed a page I found something new to like. If any of you blades were around for this you know exactly what I am talking about...

That is accurate . limit is for 24 hours. 

Regular Members : 100 Positive Like
    Bronze Members : 150 Positive Like
    Silver Members : 200 Positive Like
    Gold Members : 300 Positive Like

13. Learn something new every day... I would have thought limits on likes to be counterproductive, even unfriendly. This gives me new perspective; people can find ways to misuse ANYTHING!

We always had limits on Grasscity at least for the last 4 years. 

15. Wow, maybe you guys should increase them.

100 likes a day isnt much tbh.

Due to my health, theres some days im on here for 12+ hours. I know, get a life right?

I remember i roll fatties liking every post, but i cant see how that could hurt anyone, nor the system. Its not the same as say, bumping a post.

Appreciate you mods takin the time to check it out and explain, jus seems counter productive to the community.

I literally started bookmarking pages so i could thank members later for worthwhile posts.

What is the benefit to becoming a paid member?

My concerns with that are:
    Privacy
    Paying for likes is kind of ridiculous and "this post was edited by" disappears.
    Theres also some paid member forum.

I see a lot of regulars paying for their accounts and i just dont get it.

Do you get a tshirt or something for helping support the system or are you just allowed to do what is pretty common on most other forums? Dont mean to sound any way other than curious. Times are hard and money is hard earned.
    Thanks

16. @[member="pokesmot247"]

I understand the money thing...been there...

The first membership I had here was gifted to me by another very generous blade...I was lucky...

I chose to upgrade to a gold membership mainly just to support the city...I've spent soooo much time on here, that a small sum is pretty much irrelevant when you compare it to the cost of just about anything else...

I have also gifted memberships to many others in my time here...once again, trying to give back to the city while also trying to, in a small way, reward some members who have gone out of their way for me, or something of the like...

Note...this is me, personally, who has done this, there is absolutely no affiliation with Grasscity or it's staff...

Anyways...the biggest benefit to being a paid member are the hidden forums. Sure, not every paid member uses them, and for the most part they are a lot quieter than the open ones, but privacy is better as they are not accessible by search engines, nor by non-paid members. I guess all of the little things add up, but IMO they're just minor perks...although the whole no ads thing is pretty cool...

Giving more likes to paid members is just one of the minor perks they get...not an attempt to get people to buy memberships to like more posts...besides, paid members help the city afford more bandwidth, so why shouldn't they reap some of the benefits...

17. #17 Royksopp, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    Get yourself a membership and you'll never have to worry about running out again :D plus there's extra goodies like shop discounts and a private forum. Bigger sig too (love mine lol)

18. That's very nice of you to pay it forward. I like that. I also noticed you stopped following my soil grow :(

:p

Yeah thirty bucks a year isnt much. Ill probly get one really soon. Been tryin to set funds aside for it. The community gives me so much, I try to give as much back with my advice on growing and just keepin it real for the most part. I appreciate you spelling it out. Your words are wise.

Ive been considering it to link to my various grows in my sig and fix the mess it is, to support the site and the gold looks cool.

But you can still run out, though it would be hard. 300 likes is the gold limit. I think paid GOLD members shouldnt have that limit.

But yeah, that hidden forum sounds cool.

I've stopped following pretty much all the grows I used to follow...unfortunately, I just don't have the time anymore...:(

The gold has a huge private message box too. I have used 7% of my quota of 3,000 messages. I use it more than the private forum.