First Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Funk_Doc78, Apr 30, 2014.

1. I recently germinated some seeds 1 sour diesel, 1 skunk haze, I peaches, and 1 Russian snow the germinating process has been finished I planted them in nice fresh organic soil about a day and a half ago no sprouts yet these seeds are really important to me they were given to me by my uncle a really hope this grow works out great!! 

2. Haha!! :D:D:blink: i really hope they do too ;)
    Its ok, dont rack your nerves bud. You have the dome over them? And good light? Soil just right, not too moist not too dry?. Give them another day and i think you should see them popping up in the afternoon sometimes ^_^

3. @funk_doc 78, sorry to pop into your journal. The user above me mistakenly thought they were starting a journal. Best of your luck to you!!!

4. Lmao!!!! It's cool, no worries.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Guard dog on duty!

Attached Files:

6. Pshh, looks like he is gonna cuddle me to death.  :smoking:

7. Yeah he's kind of a baby lol

8. So here we are at about 4 weeks from germination. How's it look? I've started giving fox farms grow big.

Attached Files:

9. #29 stxned, May 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
    They're looking nice. Subbed.

10. So I am currently using a 1 gallon SmartPots container and noticed today that it appears that the roots are starting to come out the sides. Is this normal? Should I step up to a bigger size?

11. Very nice plants! Coming along great. Good luck, I'm on my first grow too :)

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Pics? 

13. Here's the side of the container

14. Here's the side of the container

Attached Files:

15. Very nice! I always rip the peat pot off carefully and take the plant out as if found with mine at least, the roots tend to struggle getting through it.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I guess it could be getting root bound. You should move it to its final container.

17. IMO You could leave then for a coupla days if you like but soon you will need to transplant. Might need to break up the root ball when you do it though.

18. so should I go with a 5 or 10 gallon container?

19. I'd go with 10.

20. If they are going out side the bigger the better. Its going to be its final resting place until harvest then I would go with the 10 unless you have something bigger.