Montser Cropping First Try (Pics)

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by thcCR, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Hey, well things dont look to good for the clone #1, some upper leafs are turning a little purple, I have no idea why. The second one is ok. I havent done anything different. What could have happen?

Attached Files:

2. looks like overwatering too me!,

3. i actually lowered the water for them, it looks wet because I misted the plants right before the pic.. I dunno, anyway, its an experiment... There is new growth of the very small leafs so their is still hope!

4. Ok, so here they are, I didn't wanted to upload some pics until I was sure the plants had rooted well, now they are good and there is new leaf growth (very weird leaf btw) so Im happy they did well and I will be taking them outdoors in a few days, transplant them into bigger pots and compare the results with my plants that are already outside from seed.

I will keep on posting pics of the plants as they grow!

Attached Files:

5. just a tip on your cloning, i noticed you said you only have 70 - 80% success.  try cutting more of your leafs off - just the leaf fingers, leave about 1/4 of the leaf on the stem, thats it - you want the new growth to become your plant.  it enables your plant to focus on making new roots, not creating new growth.  once the roots start to establish themselves the new growth will come, and there is your new plant.  pretty much everybody, every book, everything i have ever read and all the experience i have had in losing clones says to cut the leafs off.  you want just a couple of existing nodes, the rest get cut off, scraped, rooting compound added and put in the soil/medium - the nodes will sprout roots quicker than the stem, i always try and cut my clones where the bottom is a node with a 45 degree cut running the opposite for more rooting area.  works really well.  my biggest problem losing clones now is forgetting to vent the dome or removing the clear cup i use as a dome on some, lol.

Sweet, I will definitely follow your advice, its something I always taught about, I was never sure if I was trimming the plant to mucg, now I know I can cut some more and no problem! 

What do you think is the minimal amount of nodes to get some nice roots? 

7. at least one, bro.  i always, always try and get one node in the dirt.  just look at your plant and remember - you need it to root, not grow new vegetative growth - so if you can take the cuttings so there is only a couple of nodes above, cut all the leafs back especially the small new growth in the middle.  when it starts growing again you can tell really easy as those small leafs that you cut the tips off of will start to get bigger, only with the tips cut off - so you can see that you have rooted successfully and are now putting on new growth.  easy money!

8. Sweet!! Thanks for the great advice bro!! In a few weeks Ill be doing a nice bubbler cloner, they seem to work great!

9. Hi all
    I am also a relative newbie at growing and have cloned 5 from my first veg white widow, they are doing fine. Then took 3 clones when the WW was 4 weeks into flower. One of the clones died, but the other 2 showed good roots after 17 days and both are now potted up and doing well although there are no new shoots yet. But looking forward to a Monster or 2.
    Had a problem with the WW hydro tank - water turned cloudy and bubbly and a high PH - have cleaned out the tank and all lines as well as the pump and air stones. Have also run water with hydrogen peroxide through the system as well as the pots and refilled the tank with correct ph water and have put half nutrients into the tank. Have I done the right thing ??