Favorite Brand Of Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by 5kr1bbl3, Apr 30, 2014.

1. I'm just curious, what's your favorite motorcycle brand and why!?
    Personally, MV Augusta has some of the most beautiful bikes from Europe. If I'm going for raw speed, BMW. But if I could afford if, I would totally dig a restored Indian.
    Any opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I really like the japs when it comes to bike. Owned both cruisers and sportbikes of the big 4 and they've never dissapointed; they're top notch quality in style and reliability with a great price. You can't go wrong with em

I do want to own an s1000rr one day though, the buell 1125 cr is also a badass bike; mean as hell sounding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxONEzZc0Ho

3. Honda CBRs with a more free flowing exhaust ughhh they sound so nice for a bike(I am more of a car guy) 

4. I'm a petrol head in general, anything that goes vroom! Haha. I love cbr's. I love motorcycles just because of the sheer insanity of them. If I'm not mistaken, john mcguiness as won on the aisle numerous times on the saddle of of a cbr fire blade. Not to mention the repsol paint jobs are pretty sick, but I'm a sucker for anything motogp

5. i thought it would be funny to take my Geo Metro to a Suzuki motorcycle service center for a good laugh. walk in talkin bout, "I need my timing belt changed!" too rich!!

6. My first bike which i still have a and ride daily is a kawasaki KLX250s. Not anything flash but it rides like a dream and goes fast when i want it too.

Smoke 2 joints then i smoke 2 more.

7. I think "going fast" on a motorcycle is all in the technique. Have seen many noobs that want to be cool like their friends, so they go out and buy a 600cc sports bike, then they go through the twisties and people on 250cc bikes just glide past.

8. Triumph. Those brits can make bikes

9. Triumph and ducati are my favorites

10. Oh boy, if I had 100 thousand, I'd pick up a desmosedici RR. Those things are the epitome of raw power and sheer beauty. The front headlight/intake cluster looks like its going to swallow you alive

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. KTM all the way, those Austrians know how to make a dirt bike.

12. I was thinking about actually picking up a KTM duke 690 with the uprated camshafts that come on the duke cup bikes. Those things look like loads of fun. I bet a 690 single would be beast

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #13 El Duderino, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    Dodge made a handful(9) of motorcycles back in '03... 

they put a Viper V10 between the wheels and wished owners good luck!

Dodge Tomahawk!
    [​IMG]

The Dodge Tomahawk was a non-street legal concept vehicle introduced byDodge at the 2003 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan. Dodge's extraordinary claims of a top speed of 420 mph (680 km/h) were derided by experts in land speed records, and the Tomahawk never demonstrated a speed above 100 mph (160 km/h).
    The Art Deco design was the work of Chrysler staff designer Mark Walters and featured the 500 hp (370 kW) 8.3-litre (510 cu in) V10 SRT10 engine from theDodge Viper.<sup>[4]</sup> The vehicle has two front wheels and two rear wheels, making it a kind of motorized quadricycle rather than a typical motorcycle. The pairs of wheels move independently, allowing it to countersteer and lean in turns like a motorcycle.<sup>[3]</sup>
    Hand-built examples of the Tomahawk were offered for sale through theNeiman Marcus catalog at a price of US$ 555,000, and up to nine of them might have sold.<sup>[1]</sup><sup>[2]</sup> Dodge emphasized that the bikes were "rolling sculptures" not intended to be ridden.<sup>[1]</sup><sup>[3]</sup>
    Dodge initially announced the top speed of the Tomahawk was estimated at 420 mph (680 km/h), but later revised this downward to 300 mph (480 km/h), and spokesmen did not answer questions on how this estimate was calculated.<sup>[3]</sup> Wolfgang BernhardChrysler Group chief operating officer at the time, said in 2003 that no one had ridden the Tomahawk faster than 100 mph (160 km/h).<sup>[5]</sup>
    Joe Teresi, of Easyriders magazine and owner of the world record settingmotorcycle ridden by Dave Campos, said the top speed estimate must have been based only on horsepower and final drive ratio, and ignored the "critical factors" of frontal areadrag coefficient, and rolling resistance.<sup>[3]</sup> Dodge declined offers to put the top speed claim to a test, and no one is known to have attempted to ride the Tomahawk to its maximum speed.<sup>[1]</sup><sup>[3]</sup><sup>[6]</sup> Dodge spokesman David Elshoff said that "someday" the Tomahawk would be run at the Bonneville Speedway speed trials, but no such attempt was ever made.<sup>[3]</sup> Campos was as skeptical as Teresi, saying he doubted the Tomahawk could exceed 200 mph (320 km/h) because at high speeds, the rider would be "lifted right off the bike" without a streamliner fairing, and the four wheel steering would be a problem as well.<sup>[3]</sup>Nonetheless, Campos wished Dodge luck, adding, "Let nothing but fear stand in your way."<sup>[3]</sup> Phil Patton of the New York Times wrote, "In theory, the Tomahawk can blast from a standing start to 60 miles an hour in two and a half seconds and reach 300 miles an hour. In practice, since Evel Knievel retired, it's hard to imagine anyone willing to prove it."<sup>[7]</sup>
    \n<sup>awesome.</sup>
    <sup>[​IMG]</sup>
    \n\ncooler than Batmans bike.
    \na Viper V10 with some  framework on wheels...That's American

14. I truly love my BMW R100S..... :love:

15. Suzuki cause I have one. Just started riding have a 96 katana lol but honestly love it for at starting
    My brother and friend have 07 gsxrs and those are sick.

16. I don't like guns and I loathe harleys. I want to  meet the ceo of harley davidson corporation and tape his ears to the exaust pipe of a harley and then floor it. It will deafen that fucker for life and i will walk away laughing. Harleys are nothing but a penis extension and a whole lotta fucked up noise.

17. triumph...my friend has a sweet one

18. Bimota...Italian art on wheels...

19. Definitely Honda CBR's since they are sleek and are usually very exceptionally made.

20. Harleys man! Dont make me come down their and slap u!!!!

Sent from my SM-T210R using Grasscity Forum mobile app