Cheap First-Time Indoor Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by medijoe, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Hello all this is my first grow although i have been lurking for quite some time while researching/ planning. I recently got my rec for mmj here in Rhode island so i finally feel protected to try and grow my own.

First off I built a 2x2x4 cabinet out of 3/4 inch mdf for $35

I vented it using a 50 cfm bathroom fan I picked up from Lowe's for $13

Lighting is 3x 42w 5000k cfl & 2x 42w 2700k cfl I picked up online for about $50
    three bulbs are mounted in a homemade reflector with two on the wall for under / side lighting

I lined the whole thing with Mylar for under $20

A small fan ran me $8

All the other odds and ends about $20

Total $146 for what I think is a pretty clean set up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. I've cracked 3 seeds so far a green o' matic, flower bomb kush, and a berry Ryder
    I'm growing in coco using GH flora series. Temps running 75-80 with lights on

I Fed today with 1/4 strength nutes phed at 5.8 I wasn't sure if i should start yet and I've seen some conflicting opinions so I went really light..

Attached Files:

3. dude i fucking love your cab it looks crazy awesome will be following this one.

4. Thanks man lol I'll take Some better pics for ya tomorrow

5. credit well deserved bro, I dont use a cab but i want to make one for flower next time, check mine out if you want its in my sig just a assload of cfls and one big fixture hanging from ropes lol

6. Yeah I'll check it out. I'm starting with a pretty small cab for now abd maybe later I'll use this just for veg abd have a perpetual going on.

7. didnt notice the nute part, in my opinion I would hold off for a lil bit but its personal choice of course

8. Subbed joe. started a similar set-up made myosin tent. Going to start a journal soon once the tent is fully constructed. Following your grow for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Yeah I was going to but done peyote say they soak there's before they even put the seed in since coco has no nutes at all, And it's my first time I'm nervous lol
    Any way. . I promised pictures and I always deliver.
    Out side of cab, more of a full interior, and one of my little baby girls :)
    I'm going to try and not be a post whore but I feel like a proud dad and just want to show off ;)

Attached Files:

10. I wired all of my electrical like you would in a house using boxes covers etc and I ran all my wires through the back of the box to make everything look cleaner plus I'm scared of mixing water and electricity.

11. your much cleaner than I am but no exposed wires here or anything just not near as pretty lol, that really is stealth isnt it, can you tell its a grow cab just but looking at it? or does look like a file cab or something lol. talking untrained random visitor would thay have any idea?

12. No light leaks or anything like that you can hear the fan when lights are on but I'm on 18/6 so I just have the dark period between aFter work and before bed. I just say i built it to store my power tools in lol.
    Besides I'm soon to be legal, the state cashed my check yesterday so now I'm waiting For the letter to come get my picture taken for my mmj id which is why i didn't put in a carbon filter unless it starts to reek later on

13. No light leaks or anything like that you can hear the fan when lights are on but I'm on 18/6 so I just have the dark period between aFter work and before bed. I just say i built it to store my power tools in lol.
    Besides I'm soon to be legal, the state cashed my check yesterday so now I'm waiting For the letter to come get my picture taken for my mmj id which is why i didn't put in a carbon filter unless it starts to reek later on

14. 5 days above ground today. Two plants looking really good Idk what's going on with my berry Ryder it's had it's leaves up since it poked through.

Order of pictures: flOwer bomb kush, green o matic, and berry Ryder

Attached Files:

15. update!!!! free bump btw =)

16. Day 8 above ground. I got rid of my berry Ryder i don't think was going to make it. I think i have some slight nute burn we'll see. I almost wish I went with ffof instead of coco for my first grow. If these don't work out that'll be my next move
    Order of pictures: GREEN O MATIC , flower bomb kush , abd berry Ryder right before i toRE it out

Attached Files:

17. Btw I lost that penny very disappointed

18. Re planted into ffof today I think hydro phonics was a little to adventurous for my first grow. Even though I work in a laboratory lol. Once i get some more experience seing how plants grow I'll try again

19. Day 11 above ground 3rd Day in ocean forest. Plants seen to be loving it much more then my lame attempt at hydro
    flower bomb. & Green o matic
    RIP
    berry Ryder

Attached Files:

20. #20 Team Imp, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    i miss the old penny, whats with the burn on number 2?   oh (edit) you found your penny!!!