Smart Pots?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Oulde Tymer, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Has anyone tried using Smart Pots fabric grow bags for a grow? They look interesting and are supposed to allow for better oxygen flow around the roots. Just curious.

OT

2. Smart pots are great. I recently bought the cheap 7Gal plastic bag pots instead lol :smoking:

I'm sure that if you wanted to invest in smart pots, it would be a good investment.

3. I've read they are better than regular pots since they can't get rootbound, temperature, oxygen, ect. Hard to move around though. I'll be getting one myself. Go for it!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. They sell them with handles for easy portability. I used to use them, but they are really expensive out right, plus they aren't pretty for very long because if you re-use them they get stained from the nutrients. 

I personally get the almost same effects from grow bags, just not the oxygen flow. They are a bitch to fill and carry, but when since they are only like fifty cents a bag, when your grow is done you can just throw them into the garbage. 

5. You want even better oxygen to the roots look up Super Roots Air Pots.

Perlite

7. Perlite is more for drainage and a little bit of water retention.

8. They're all I use, I've harvested out of every size up to 25 gal. Sit them on a bed of perlite for a self-watering system.

9. I use felt pots with handles on them. They self prune the roots and they are awesome! Easy to move around, no need to worry about plants being root bound..the pots take care of all that on their own! Wouldn't give mine up for anything! And I'll never switch...they rock!  :gc_rocks:

10. Try one, you won't be disappointed. I have used them for a couple
    Years ID. Last year was my first yr OD and loved them only did 65gl
    This year going with 100s and 150s and see wha happens

11. Thanks all. I'm going to try a 7-gallon Smart Pot. Not Sure, that self-watering thing sounds mighty tempting, but I'm doing enough new stuff this time around. Maybe next time. 
    Thanks again all!

12. I switched from plastic grow bags to smart pots quite a while ago and don't think I will use anything else in the forseeable future. I just wash them with a little All free and clear laundry soap and they come out nice, clean and ready to go for another run.