No-Till Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Under Hill, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1641 over dere, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    supbrosup

The T.O. and B.O. (Blue Orca) came from the same male (Kandahar Indica) and female (Highland Thai) in a breeding program that I undertook to create 10 females as a way of discharging the 'old guard' from my life once and for all. It was either that or some of us would eventually be involved in a homicide investigation. This started in March, 1983 and everything was done in January, 1984

I selected the final 10 candidates which ranged from a very sativa-dominant to a very indica-dominant phenotype. On the day they descended on my home to make their picks I went first since once again I did the heavy lifting but it was a 'group project' according to this group of WPFs.

I picked the most sativa-dominant plant and I set it off to the side and said "The one over here is mine so you guys do your deal" and it became a joke that I had 'the one' and it stuck. It was never about being THE BEST F*CKING WEED PLANT EVER! Far from it.  

The B.O. was picked by The Nazi who was the brother of The Commander. After that day The Nazi and I did not speak for over 26 years. When The Commander got back from a 96 month stint 'away at school' as the expression goes he decided to broker a deal where he could get the T.O. and my demand was that I had to get the B.O. unencumbered, i.e. I didn't have to deal with The Nazi directly or indirectly. We spoke for less than 3 minutes at one point but that was it. 

2 other plants from this deal are available if I was inclined. I am not inclined. I'm done. Finis. Ovah. Never again.

HTH

CC

2. Cool story, I enjoy the tales of weed greatly, especially for profound specimens. You are obviously good at what you do (did). Sorry there was so much negative bs attached to the experience. I think I understood a bit of the frustration because the shorthand, but still a very cool story. Still have a few gallons of seeds CC? Lol. Thanks for sharing....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Coot, what were the differences in between the BO and TO? I am growing some BOx TO/NLH, they are about 3 weeks old. I'm intrigued by the history of these plants! If the stories I've heard are true, you had a role in the development in the NLH also.

Attached Files:

4. It was going to be a fire OG day but I guess Blue Orca would be more appropriate. :D

35 day shots - Saturday will be 6 weeks - almost there! Phew!

image.jpg image.jpg

CC

The 3 plants you shared a picture of, does that soil mix happen to contain that amazing Vermicompost you made earlier this year, the one you forgot about? LoL IMO the inputs and your process is damn near perfect, would you mind if I shared that info here?

5. Lol, I had to laugh at the 'away at school' part... We have the same saying except we say the person went 'away to college'.

6. #1646 over dere, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

BlueJay

Hmmmm.....how can I put this succinctly? 

Consider it yours to do with whatever you wish. In fact if you or anyone else were to claim that you actually wrote or developed this or that I would jump in admit that I stole it from you and offer all kinds apologies.

Two things that I've said over and over and I'll repeat it once again

1. This ain't rocket science
    \n2. It's just a f*cking plant

How's that? LOL!!

CC

• Like Like x 1
    myhomeboy

The TO and BO were the most Thai-dominant in this group of plants. Almost twins in a really twisted use of that term if you're talking about plants.

The HNL - Haze x NL#5 were from Neville's catalog in 1988. 10 seeds cost $200.00 which was pure insanity. It was my money but 'we' bought 10 packs to see what the Dutch seed deal was about.

That's the whole background...not too exciting is it? LOL!

CC

randomnameguy

These guys missed 'college' by at least 3 freeway exits......even a prison version of college.

LMAO

9. How does cannabis let you know its getting too much wind?

I wish this was more original.

When they're laying on their sides?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ayeeeee-ohhhhhhhhh!

12. Ah hell can't find that compost recipe now anyhow....lol

13. Blue, you got me on the edge of my seat waiting on this recipe!

14. I had a recipe once... Then i got lazy, but the plants just got bigger :confused:

CW

• Like Like x 1
  15. CC,
    I would like to expand my minimal library. I currently own 1 book on organics which is Teaming with Microbes. Could you give me a list of books I could add in? Maybe like a wish list that I could buy a book at a time from or something of that nature. I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  16. #1656 over dere, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

Irie

Here's a couple and I'll be back after watching a rerun of my favorite television program: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

By far every organic gardener should own Seaweed & Agriculture by D. T.L. Senn who spent 55 years studying brown kelp in agriculture but more importantly to us was his extensive research as it applies to horticulture - a huge set of differences. Buy this one from Acres USA Magazine's Book Store - $14.00

What a Plant Knows: A Field Guide to the Senses by Dr. Daniel Chamovitz - this is not a how to garden book but what will give you is a deep understanding of how plants respond, interact, etc. with their environment. The information was a key for me to understanding the functions of terpenes, terpenoids and ketones and more importantly how they can be used by us as pesticides and fungicides. This is available at Amazon in hardback, paperback and Kindle. It is also available through iTunes - prices start at around $10.00 - $15.00

By the time you've finished these two books you will be able to make better decisions on how to construct a viable potting soil without the usual canards about phosphorus, magnesium nitrogen (blood meal? Seriously?) and the rest of it.

Dr. Senn proved over 60 years ago that one could grow container plants with a good soil using nothing but kelp and what constituted a good soil in 1953 was a mere shadow of what we know today. At that time the research hadn't even begun on vermicomposting, ion exchange, humic & fulvic acids and another thousand or so areas of study as it relates to botany, soil biology, etc.

HTH

CC

• Like Like x 1
  17. There is no better gardening system than the one Blue implements in this thread. I will never garden any other way!

[​IMG]

TwB

18. You sure are getting some amazing results there TWB! It's a great method isn't it? Once you 'get to know' (here I go again with the whole 'feelings' thing LOL) your soil and environment = autopilot.

Thanks for sharing the picture here!

19. Gahhh damn. Twb, what you running?

20. Irie

Here's another books that you might enjoy....

Eating the Sun: How Plants Power the Planet - by Oliver Morgon

From acclaimed science journalist Oliver Morton comes Eating the Sun, a fascinating, lively, profound look at photosynthesis, nature's greatest miracle. From the physics, chemistry, and cellular biology that make photosynthesis possible, to the quirky and competitive scientists who first discovered the beautifully honed mechanisms of photosynthesis, to the modern energy crisis we face today, Eating the Sun offers a complete biography of the earth through the lens of this common but crucial process.
    \nThis book gave me an understanding about photosynthesis on what it is, how it works and most importantly what it means for humans and animals. I can promise anyone that reads this book you'll never, ever even consider defoliation as a good practice and you'll understand how we limit and interfere with a process that stretches back over 450 million years. 

HTH

CC

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.