No-Till Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Under Hill, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lookin good MichiganOasis! I can't wait to see the progress of this 10gal system. I wouldn't worry about the clover, they are nitrogen fixers.

2. Yeah i figured they would just replenish back into the soil when i trim and when they did out from lack of light from the canopy! Just had to ask to sooth my mind haha

I'm also very excited about this no-till round. It'll be my first grow in a legit spot with legit resources and with lots and lots of love. I will for sure continue to keep updating and following along

3. Ayo Chunk, while you're (somewhat)active:

A guy in my class top dressed his lawn with biochar (precharged) and is now having a problem with the char staying too wet and being clumpy/slushy. He's asking what he could do to help that.

4. Yeah man, that's exciting! I'm in 5 gal right now and am switching to 20gal no tills next round. Can't wait! The love is the most important ingredient. When you love your plants you only want what's best for them!

5. Fine wash/mortar sand may do the trick...how fine is the char?

6. #10446 Anatman, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    I'll ask him and have an answer tomorrow, I'm planning on finding his source, any other questions I should ask?

Ty for the response.

edit: And what measures could he take to remedy the char that's already applied?

7. #10447 Team Microbe, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
    Hey all, just wanted to share a few shots of a few new strains that The Village and Budologist have been working on - Cookies & Cream x Forum Cookies as well Cookies & Cream x Animal Cookies

[​IMG]

Cookies & Cream pheno

[​IMG]

Above

[​IMG]

Below the straw - some wild foraged goodies including holy basil, comfrey (fresh and dry), sunflower, lentils, and some humic acids sprinkled about. I didn't even want to cover this up [​IMG]

Happy Gardening folks!

8. I've gotta get ahold of some of that Cookies & Cream :)

9. Ok so the main problem is getting it to spread with the spreader. The agitator only moves whatever it touches, so once it clears out a barrier, no more char falls into it to be dropped and then spread. The pieces are like sizes of the squares in captain crunch, if you catch that comparison. maybe a square centimeter or so. The problem seems to be the material sticking to itself, hindering it from being spread with a broadcast spreader.

10. That's incredible! I've been a big fan of your work, and your results are very impressive.

I suppose I'm a little apprehensive about adding mulch. I can't get access to anything like comfrey, so can I use weeds from the yard? There's some weeds here with large flat leaves that I think would go perfect as a mulch. Am I correct in thinking that any leaf matter breaking down would be beneficial, as long as it's not too acidic?

Thanks!

11. You don't find corn SST's in flower give you fox tailing?

12. I get foxtails without corn SST's

13. I could've sworn I saw some guys in here or the Organics lounge talking about corn SST's late into flower giving them fox-tailing. Maybe it was the opposite lol.

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441230811.661506.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441230838.104805.jpg

So maybe it's only from over applying or using too late.

15. #10455 mainah, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2015
    I always found fox tails to be strain specific. Some do, some don't. I used mbgt all the way through the last round on a week to ten day schedule. Some strains fox tailed and some didn't. Just my experience.

Edit: I should mention the ones that did, did it in style. It didn't hurt the quality one bit either IMO

16. #10456 GiMiK, Sep 3, 2015
    I would mix fine grade sand into the biochar before loading it into the spreader....may help your "clumping" issue and make the char a bit easier to spread after laying it down.

Same trick they use when making "topsoil"....mix your compost with some fine sand and then it's much easier to apply and spread evenly.

Edit; also I would likely try to crush it a bit finer for machine spreading....the best route without crushing it, imo, is a truck and bobcat and to then manually grade it a bit finer using hand tools. Or a wheelbarrow and come along for small applications.

17. #10457 jerry111165, Sep 3, 2015
    "Ayo Chunk, while you're (somewhat) active":

I thought you said attractive.

The dudes char must be powder/fine to be doing that?

Is it wet before he adds it to his spreader?

J

18. no foxtails here not since doing SST in general, probably a strain thing!

19. Lol to throw into the consensus:

Heavy foxtails, no SST after 3rd week of flower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.