No-Till Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Under Hill, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #10121 Agent57, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2015
    Create a vacuum. And they do do that. Put one in a jar and seal it up. Open it again in 24 hours. A vacuum seal has been made.

2. nice job dood!

J

3. Where's your plants? All I see is a giant tree!?!

4. so I just mixed a few yards of Blue Jays no till soil and I realize I fucked up my math. Instead of 1/2 cup gypsum per cubic foot I added 1 cup per cubic foot soil. I planted 3 days ago. Any opinions ? What is gypsum so role in a no till soil mix ? And how much is too much gypsum ? Thanks

5. Double everything else? :p

6. It's totally fine, I'm running 1 cup of Gypsum per cubic foot.

• Like Like x 1

7. there's knowledge in my thread?
    last couple pages are pictures of cats, and tomatoes shaped like giant penises.. [​IMG]
    also.. don't be a strange in there.. we don't bite. (jerry may, so stay away from him anyway)

as far as being tracked or whatever.. i donno. I've been consistently posting pictures of my grow on here for almost 10 years now.. and so far no one's knocked on my door.

a couple of my no till pots on round 2.. 25 gal.

0726 002.jpg

0726 004.jpg

0726 014.jpg

0726 007.jpg

8. 1st batch i made got some mold on it after like a month, so i fed it to the worms..
    the last few batches i added like 1/8 tsp of lemon juice and it's lasted in the fridge for months.

9. lol mine has a beard and I still use it to spray. It's just a little bit of that Santa's beard fungus. The best thing is to get it in your fridge where the cool air drops so it will be practically frozen, but not a solid brick. If you don't want to spray when it's like that, use it for worms or a topdress I guess.

10. #10130 Sc00byD00bie, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
    i made ice cubes out of hydrated kelp, hydrated neem and 4hour soaked MBG. i make sure each cube is the amount i need for a gallon and keep it all in a air tight container in the freezer. takes me about 5 minutes now to prepare any tea [​IMG]

hydrated kelp

20150410_204254_resized_1.jpg

hydrated MBG
    20150531_165437_resized.jpg

hydrated neem
    20150612_122731_resized.jpg

should last quit a while in the freezer i would think.

• Like Like x 2
  11. #10131 432, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
    Just quick tip guys if you are having problems with GC copy everything you wrote before posting it then just reload the page if it fails and re-paste/post [​IMG]

Another problem i found that wont work with my previous solutions is that if your sending a message to someone and it stuffs up even if you copy and paste it, It won't let you submit the post so you have to type everything again.

So keep a notepad or something open for your copied information.

12. #10132 GiMiK, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
    I've been meaning to share this for a while. 'Tis a good read but I'll paste the more interesting bits here.

http://file.scirp.org/Html/8-2600770_32253.htm

The production of secondary metabolites was affected only by the addition of cytokinin, which resulted in a ~40% increase in the total yield of essential oils (EOs). Similar trends were observed for yields of the major EO components (menthone, menthol, pulegone, and menthofuran). Our findings demonstrate that the application of growth regulators increases EO production and biomass concomitantly in an herbaceous species rich in commercially valuable terpenes.

Some EOs have biological activities that make them useful as herbicides, pesticides, and anticancer compounds [4]. A common problem in the cultivation of aromatic plants is the quantitative and qualitative variability in plant responses to the environment [4,5]. The productions of EOs does not depend solely on plant genetics or on the developmental stage. The environment and its changes significantly affect biochemical pathways and physiological processes in the plants and may consequently alter metabolism and EO biosynthesis [1].

In the mint family (Labiatae), EOs are synthesized primarily in leaf epidermal cells and stored primarily in glandular leaf trichomes [12]. These glandular trichomes are present on the leaf surfaces of tissue culture plantlets and readily produce volatile Eos [11,13].The effects of growth regulators on EO production are highly variable. Variations in EO yield or content are often observed. Chemical changes are caused by some growth regulators but not by others. In view of the ability of growth regulators to influence plant growth and development, physiological and biochemical processes, and even gene regulation, there are very many ways in which applications of these compounds can potentially alter EO production [14].

We report here the effects of the growth regulators 4-indol-3-ylbutyric acid (IBA; an auxin), 6-benzylaminopurine (BAP; a cytokinin), and their combination on the growth, morphogenesis, and secondary metabolism of M. piperita plants micropropagated in vitro.

The response to particular elicitors may vary from plant to plant; a single plant hormone may regulate a wide range of physiological and growth processes. On the other hand, a particular process may be regulated by the action of many plant hormones. The effects of growth regulators on EO production in in vitro culture systems are highly variable. Changes were observed in the yield or content of EOs. Chemical changes were noted in some cases but not in others. In view of the fact that growth regulators influence plant growth and development through their effects on physiological and biochemical processes and even gene regulation, there are a great number of ways in which application of these compounds may alter secondary metabolite production [14,21,22]. Growth regulators can influence EO biosynthesis and the formation and development of storage structures. In Arabidopsis, cytokinins stimulate trichome initiation, with consequent increases in trichome numbers and densities [23].

Plant growth depends heavily on protein synthesis for the manufacture of photosynthetic, biosynthetic, and regulatory enzymes, and structural proteins [26]. Secondary metabolism (EO synthesis) competes with primary growth processes for common substrates such as sugars and proteins. When environmental conditions are favorable, vegetative growth (primary metabolism) generally displays resource priority over secondary metabolism [26]. In the present study, however, when abundant resources (BM + cytokinins) were provided, increased growth and morphogenesis responses occurred without any reduction in secondary metabolism. These findings appear to be inconsistent with the carbon nutrient theory, which states that in situations in which plants have access to excess carbon and nutrients, optimal growth occurs with a corresponding suppression of secondary metabolism [26,27].

Growth regulators have been used in agriculture for decades, but little is known regarding the effects of these compounds on the production of secondary metabolites [3,9,22,28]. In the present study, addition of BAP to the BM used for micropropagation of M. piperita effectively increased plant growth and EO production without altering EO composition. This approach increased the yield of important EO components, apparently by inducing the biosynthesis of secondary metabolites.

• Like Like x 2
  13. You don't post much but when you do, you drop some meaty posts! ️

• Like Like x 1
  14. #10134 Redskys, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2015
    I haven't been on in a bit since 1st time indoor harvest. I ran a strain called Nebula. I thank everyone in this thread for sharing all the knowledge and experience you all have. I thought I did very well for my first time .Feel free to check my journal out. I would like to have a few comments on how you all thought I did .br />Thank you again GS.

15. Lol this excerpt just screams, "Kelp" to me. Thanks for sharing, it's certainly relevant to something said in the Lounge where people thought bigger plants meant lower potency.

16. Who's the man?...........^^^^^^^This guy^^^^^^^

Thanks again bro!

• Like Like x 1
  17. it was screaming corn sst to me! Does kelp have cytokinins? I know it has some PGRs but I don't remember which. I'll definitely be giving my mint, rosemary and lavender more MBG SSTs and kelp/neem teas. I usually just give them a little drink of them. I wanna kick essential oil production into high gear!! Excellent post gimik!!!

18. 'The growth promoting substances in marine algae reported include IAA, gibberellin, cytokinin, and substances of a similar composition.'
    -Seaweed and Plant Growth 1-4

'The major plant growth promoters in ASCOPHYLLUM nodosum are almost certainly cytokinins. This is supported by bioassays and chemical analyses including gas liquid chromatography research. Adenine and Zeatin are the major cytokinins present...'
    2-3

'Additionally, results reported herein show that the extracts of ASCOPHYLLUM nodosum do contain auxin, giberellin, and cytokinin-like substances.'
    8-5

19. def gonna hit this dude up^

20. anatman you are a star :wub:B)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.