No-Till Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Under Hill, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Would add Oyster Shell Flour at 1 cup per cu.ft. Everything else looks good, but don't short change yourself on the Kelp!

Check out my grow! Mars II LED & Organic No-Till Soil.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1318542-freedom-35.htmlk

"So for the farmer in his work: serve nature and all is well. Farming used to be sacred work. When humanity fell away from this ideal, modern commercial agriculture rose. When the farmer began to grow crops to make money, he forgot the real principles of agriculture."

2. So I should use like 3-4cups kelp per cu. Ft.?

3. 2 cups would be fine. If you feel like things need a boost, can always brew up a neem/kelp tea and water with that.

"So for the farmer in his work: serve nature and all is well. Farming used to be sacred work. When humanity fell away from this ideal, modern commercial agriculture rose. When the farmer began to grow crops to make money, he forgot the real principles of agriculture."

4. I've never had any issue down to 58 degrees personally but everyone's grow is different

5. Is there something I don't have in my mix or do that would cause them to turn purple?

6. #6667 donothinggardening, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    Man, I use like 1/2 cup kelp, 1/2 cup neem, 1/2 cup crab per cf :confused_2: at the most I would maybe double that

Just because some is good doesn't mean more is better.

7. Guess I been doin this whole weed growin thing wrong then.. :confused_2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lmfao, holy shit. That's a serious "super soil"...is that even dirt anymore, so much shit in there!

9. #6672 donothinggardening, Mar 28, 2015
    "Equal parts of Sphagnum peat moss, some aeration deal (pumice, rice hulls, lava rock - whatever is sitting in the garage) and finally some mix of humus - my compost, worm castings some black leaf mold I bought from the local 'worm guy'

To each 1 c.f. of this mix I add the following:

1/2 cup organic Neem meal
    1/2 cup organic Kelp meal
    1/2 cup Crab meal (or Crustacean meal when available - it has Shrimp meal with the Crab meal. It's a local product from the fisheries on the Oregon & Washington Coasts)

4 cups of some minerals - rock dust

After the plant is in the final container I top-dress with my worm castings at 2" or so and then I hit it with Aloe vera juice and Comfrey extract. Or Borage. Or Stinging Nettle. Or Horsetail ferns. Whatever is ready.

That's it.

To recycle I've just been letting the root ball breakdown and I remove it. I dump the potting soil into an extra large SmartPot container (50 gallons) and add some new potting soil mix as above. I water it down with Kelp meal and Comfrey tea and let it sit until I need it.

Ain't rocket science......"

-Clackamas Coot

10. It's written on the door for a reason!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427510370.271422.jpg

11. My exact mix! Hail Coot!

Drop by my paradise!

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1351737-fresh-ronins-paradise.html

12. guys, how much roots do you guys like to see before you transplant clones into the no-till?
    i plan to veg them for no more then a week since im packing them SOG style, if that makes a difference.

have a great weekend!

13. Finally its been a little over a month since I found the thread but I've made it through! Lots of wonderful things here

14. #6678 Sc00byD00bie, Mar 28, 2015
    I like to top dress basmati rice with some roasted almonds and herbs. [​IMG]

15. Clones from a bubbler? Let em get about 1" long and then into soil... I've planted with less root and had no prob... If from a root plug, look for about 6 spots where roots are starting to poke and you can transplant without much trouble... The plant wants to root... So just make a nice moist and warm environment and she will do her thing.

16. Hey everyone, I'm making my first soil this grow and have a question for you guys. I have my BAS amendments waiting to start mixing so I went out and tried to buy peat moss and worm castings tonight except I couldn't get them separate, I got this instead
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427603490.255266.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427603534.309228.jpg

I still want to add extra worm compost/castings but have to wait until I find them. If I add my amendments into this soil and let it sit, will it hurt to add in the castings a few days later? I don't wanna fuck this up lol! Thanks everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.